Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many of you watch Ghost Hunters (TAPS)

Spiro007

I watch Gohost Hunters (TAPS) I find the show to be genuine, for there is not much drama, seldom one will see flashy insane things happen on the show. I feel the show is genuine. Also I heard if they find that your home is haunted they don't charge you, this true?

Thanx,

Tammy:)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• boorite

• ivytheplant

• coldethyl

• Phenomenon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have watched it but I'm not a 'regular' viewer of it. I tried to watch it last night and then some flaky chick came on there and it turned me off and I had to watch something else.... :hmm:

I watch Gohost Hunters (TAPS) I find the show to be genuine, for there is not much drama, seldom one will see flashy insane things happen on the show. I feel the show is genuine. Also I heard if they find that your home is haunted they don't charge you, this true?

Thanx,

Tammy:)

Remember one thing, as long as the word "show" is somewhere in the mix, there will ALWAYS be some aspect of theatrics involved somewhere.....RATINGS ARE GOD!!!!!....that being said....I feel it is one of the more watchable programs on the paranormal(from a logical point of view) on air today.

What I like about the program is that they approach each case trying to debunk whats going on, what they can't debunk, who knows? What I don't care for is drama between some of the younger individuals and really see no reason for them to air the annimosity issues....such as last night's showcase of Brian's problems.

Just my two cents...........

My boyfriend and I have watched the about 25 episodes so far, and I must say, we love it.

I do think it is geniune, there are some episodes on it where they find nothing at all so I don't think it's not legitimate. I agree with Northwoods, that its good they go to try and debunk the events rather than try and prove them. They also take every measure to find alternate reasons for these 'paranormal' things happening.

They usually find only the smallest of 'paranormal' evidence to present to their clients, they don't always end up with full on apparitions of ghosts etc, so again I do believe TAPS to be geniune.

I think it is true that they don't charge you if they find your house to be haunted

As for the display of 'dramas' between the TAPS members like Brian and Steve, I actually like those parts too, it makes it kind of like a 'real' show where you can feel for the members and their situations. They don't pretend to be one big happy crew they seem straight up front in every thing they do whether it be 'ghost' related or their personal relationships.

As for Onyxdk comment: "Remember one thing, as long as the word "show" is somewhere in the mix, there will ALWAYS be some aspect of theatrics involved somewhere....."

This is true only to a degree. I feel with TAPS the only theatrics involved is how each person acts individually, some of them show off to the camera a bit, but I don't think their investigations are 'played up' for the show.

So all in all- I Love TAPS :tu:

the show is boring and the sometimes make a big deal about little things that end up being nothing

but that being said i like it a whole lot more than some other paranormal reality-based shows

I watch it, mainly because nothing else is on TV.

I think that they very well could be legit. Like another said on here, that they're trying to debunk instead of going in full-throttle, let's see all the ghosts.

They do need to lay off of the "personal" side of those people. Number one, it's kinda corny. And number two - not to sound mean or anything - but I don't care.

:wacko:

I have kept up with taps! And i feel that they are absolutly legit!

They have seen paranormal activities.

I'm a fan of Ghost Hunters and I love the way the show is presented. If anything strange occurs, they try to recreate it or debunk whatever happened.

They don't rush off when an "orb" appears and start screaming ghost.

I also find the "behind the scenes" drama entertaining.

Overall it's a pretty cool show.

I like to the think the show is genuine because they never actually find anything of real value 95% percent of the time. I remember one commercial where they were hyping up a episode and it showed someone yelling making you believe thta the saw a ghost...it ended up being a bat that poopoed on someone.

I got a question, TAPS has to make a lot of money from the network...so why do they work out of trailers and very small buildings? Why do they still work as plumbers?

Does anyone actually believe they are still plumbers though?

I got a question, TAPS has to make a lot of money from the network...so why do they work out of trailers and very small buildings? Why do they still work as plumbers?

Does anyone actually believe they are still plumbers though?

Plumbers make good money. :tu:

I think this show is very genuine and it is interesting. I don't watch it too often tho. I like to watch them fight, I think it's funny. I don't like it when there are people on there telling what they feel happened. That just makes me kind of zone out.

But as far as ghost shows go, I do think it's a good one and an honest one. :yes:

it just bores the hell out of me,especially when they p*** and moan and

argue.(which is alot)if they could cut out that sh**,i'd be a decent show!

some shows they catch nothing and its a bummer cuz i sit through 1 hour for nothing. that lighthouse episode where they caught those shadows up the spiral staircase was a good episode ^_^b

they seem legit. that one in the prison still has be confused tho....

The Lighthouse one was good, but still not concrete enough to be proof.

Sometimes I think some of the people that work there fake experiences, I'm not saying the show is fake just that maybe some of the TAPS employees have their own agendas.

Oh and the funniest episode is when the one guy with the brooklyn accent was

telling a ghost to "hit steve"...and then the camera switches to steve and his face is priceless.

I believe its genuine, I mean they rarely have anything spectacular to show, but now and then they have something really worth the watch, and since they started with the drama aspect between everyone i just figured they threw that in based on the fact they rarely find anything major, and besides ive seen more than enough paranormal programs that seem to just get too much evidence ALL the time, so if they really wanted to fake something, you would think they would pull it off weekly, that and they are actual investigators even before the show, and they dont seem determined to find evidence everytime, might be boring at times yeah, but all in all its one of the more legit shows out there I would have to say.

Edited by Desmodus

Alright.. TAPS are a bunch of *******s. They came to CT once for an investigation at carousel gardens (a haunted restaurant). Now my ghost hunting group always have once a month meetings there and TAPS decided to show up during one of our meetings and do their investigation then. So that night we all showed up waiting for them and half way during the meeting one of our members walked in and said that they arent coming. They thought that it would look bad for them to show off another ghost hunting group on their show. They didnt like the idea of two groups combining and what not. They treat the whole paranormal intestigation thing as if it is some kind of game and way to make money. I lost all respect for them after that.

I think that TAPS may be okay, but yes, ratings are the undisputed god of television. It used to be like, "Okay... so are they going to EVER find anything?" and now every once and a while you see them catch something.

I have to say, sometimes I get the feeling something has been way too hyped up, but you'll get that with every paranormal show.

I think by far the most annoyingly fake thing I've seen recently was the thing on the SciFi channel about an asylum about a month or so ago. I'll have to find out what the name of the show was, but the EVPs and pictures of 'ghosts' were completely bogus. One thing, where the shadows on the wall created an optical illusion was considered an 'apparition of a young boy'.

I had been doing a D&D map at the time and choked on my Arizona Iced Tea. It spurted out and ruined my map. Thanks a lot, fake reality movies/shows.

Most of Ghost Hunters is probably genuine, but I seriously think that we need to remember that they have to hype something up every once in a blue moon to get the ratings they need.

I'd feel a lot better sometimes if they had personal cams so that we can see what they see. Sure, they say they see something, but I like proof.

Could you please back that up with some evidence?

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, I just want to know what your statements are grounded upon.

Ive seen this show and it does not impress me. They run away from every little bump lol It reminds me of that Scariest places on Earth show that comes on around halloween.

I find the show a bit more legitimate BECAUSE they don't find stuff. TAPS sets out to disprove rather to prove, which i think makes it more believable.

Ive seen this show and it does not impress me. They run away from every little bump lol It reminds me of that Scariest places on Earth show that comes on around halloween.

Are you sure that you are refering to the show Ghosthunters? with Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson? I have yet to see those two run from anything in an investigation.....maybe your confusing Ghosthunters with Most Haunted(a show which insults everyones intelligence).

The best Ghost Hunters EVER would have been the one on the Eastern State Penitentiary (Wow...that spelling was..off :P) which I have been to several times. That episode was amazing for me! The shadow that darts back in the camera on the upper floor? Amazing!

The TAPS guys are great! :tu: No doubt they take their work seriously. If you want to get a behind-the-scenes as to how these guys are in real life and if they are genuine, check out their new radio show - they tell it like it is. You can get their podcast from iTunes or from libsyn.com. Do a search for TAPS Para-radio ... it has some awesome comedy in it as well!