Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tensions between Japan and China/South Korea

Simbi Laveau

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2012/08/24/Japans-disputes-with-S-Korea-China-grow/UPI-55661345722929/

If no one has noticed,I follow Japan news closely . Tensions between Japan and China,and Japan and South Korea,has been building,for the better part of the last month .

Both are for different reasons,but its getting ugly .

You can google both,to get the gist of them both,but last week, a Korean man,protesting Japan ,in Japan,was assaulted by a mob .

South Korea refused communications from the prime minister,and China refused to host them coming to Bejing for a visit.

Tensions over there,are quite unhealthy .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

it doesn't help that the Chinese have long memories and the Japanese refuse to acknowledge war crimes commited during WW2.

• Like 9

I've been hearing about tensions among the three for a while now over territory. They could end up in a war if this isn't resolved. Hope they keep us out of it.

• Like 2

Hopefully everyone is too busy trying to make money to actually start throwing missiles at each other.

• Like 3

I've been hearing about tensions among the three for a while now over territory. They could end up in a war if this isn't resolved. Hope they keep us out of it.

This is the problem,we can't stay out of it .

There are also issues between Japan and Russia,over the kuril islands .

The stuff going on in the last few weeks,is very sticky .

it doesn't help that the Chinese have long memories and the Japanese refuse to acknowledge war crimes commited during WW2.

Unfortunately ,a few certain men,high up,abused power ,to a point of no return . My understanding is ,those men,after the war,became yakuza family heads.

It's a reflection on how business is still done today,use sex ,slaves of a kind,and intimidation .

This is the crux of all of this,with China especially .China has never forgiven Japan .

And the Japanese did horrible things to the Koreans as well .

Unit 371/731 ,used a huge percentage of Koreans in their experiments ,and lest we not forget Korean comfort women ,which they still deny,ever existed

I love Japan,but her underbelly leave much to be desired,even in modern Japan .

Rent a movie called ,City of Life and Death. Even with all I know,parts left me utterly speechless and at a loss.

And I still mourn Iris Chang.

Everything she learned,while researching The Rape of Nanking,forever altered her . She had major success ,and showed the world the truth,but then blew her own brains out ,after she just couldn't shake the depression that followed...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44139-2004Nov11.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau

Unfortunately ,a few certain men,high up,abused power ,to a point of no return . My understanding is ,those men,after the war,became yakuza family heads.

It's a reflection on how business is still done today,use sex ,slaves of a kind,and intimidation .

This is the crux of all of this,with China especially .China has never forgiven Japan .

And the Japanese did horrible things to the Koreans as well .

Unit 371,used a huge percentage of Koreans in their experiments ,and lest we not forget Korean comfort women ,which they still deny,ever existed

I love Japan,but her underbelly leave much to be desired,even in modern Japan .

Rent a movie called ,City of Life and Death. Even with all I know,parts left me utterly speechless and at a loss.

And I still mourn Iris Chang.

Everything she learned,while researching The Rape of Nanking,forever altered her . She had major success ,and showed the world the truth,but then blew her own brains out ,after she just couldn't shake the depression that followed...

http://www.washingto...-2004Nov11.html

I think the Rape of Nanking was the first sign of truly demonic evil in WWII and in the "modern" world at large. It was so horrific as to be breath taking....and it was just the beginning of sorrows of that time.
  • Like 1

I think the Rape of Nanking was the first sign of truly demonic evil in WWII and in the "modern" world at large. It was so horrific as to be breath taking....and it was just the beginning of sorrows of that time.

They were in cities in other parts of China,and the Philippines .

My uncle was a marine during WW2,and he told me,we had to drop the bombs,because they just weren't going to stop .

Many men were just following orders,but sadly,some were just .....living completely lawless lives,and men like that in power,gave the orders.

Do note the paragraph at the bottom,noting how the us gave these guys immunity ,for germ warfare secrets,and these men ended up in the medical and pharmaceutical fields.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/feb/21/japan-excavates-site-human-experiments

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I have been following the news as well. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on the perspective, the tensions between China, Japan, Korea, and Russia have been there for centuries. A full-blown war is very unlikely today because of how closely tied the world is these days. A Korean strike on Japan would anger Japanese allies and vice versa.

War brings out the worst in people. It's a shame that Japan still won't own up, but what's done is done. Asia needs to let go of the past.

I have been following the news as well. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on the perspective, the tensions between China, Japan, Korea, and Russia have been there for centuries. A full-blown war is very unlikely today because of how closely tied the world is these days. A Korean strike on Japan would anger Japanese allies and vice versa.

War brings out the worst in people. It's a shame that Japan still won't own up, but what's done is done. Asia needs to let go of the past.

It's never been this bad .

Hold on,let me get URLs...

http://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/if-i-get-arrested-ok-says-ishihara-on-his-upcoming-vist-to-senkakus

http://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/japan-s-korea-play-hot-potato-with-nodas-protest-let

http://www.japantoday.com/category/national/view/u-s-looks-at-new-early-warning-radar-for-japan

http://www.japantoday.com/category/politics/view/noda-calls-on-s-korea-to-end-illegal-occupation-of-disputed-isles

Edited by Simbi Laveau

It's never been this bad .

Hold on,let me get URLs...

http://www.japantoda...ist-to-senkakus

http://www.japantoda...-disputed-isles

Thanks for the links, you saved me some work :). The good news is Ishihara is a controversial figure in Japan as well, similar to how some extremists are viewed in the West. I'll continue to follow the developments either way though.

Edit to add the fact that territory disputes have always been at least this bad over there.

Edited by Legaia
  • Like 1

Thanks for the links, you saved me some work :). The good news is Ishihara is a controversial figure in Japan as well, similar to how some extremists are viewed in the West. I'll continue to follow the developments either way though.

Edit to add the fact that territory disputes have always been at least this bad over there.

I posted more links ..

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/08/18/police-stand-by-as-korean-man-is-assaulted-by-extremists-for-protesting-japanese-war-crimes-japanese-internet-approves/

It's bad

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/world/asia/china-japan-islands-dispute/index.html

Edited by Simbi Laveau

There's rioting in China ,which is completely blacked out media wise in the USA.

Check the "in related news" links. Korean shops demanding you renounce Japan,or you're not served .Trashing of Japanese cars and restaurants in China .Calls to boycott Japanese goods in both countries ,and the USA wanting to fortify Japan's early warning radar systems ..

I've never seen it this bad .

Hopefully everyone is too busy trying to make money to actually start throwing missiles at each other.

Capitalism trumps all but China is a quasi-marxist-capitalist nation and they are getting ready to explode.

Capitalism trumps all but China is a quasi-marxist-capitalist nation and they are getting ready to explode.

China is certainly the proverbial wild card here because of their economic situation. In a hypothetical war between Japan and China, I honestly can't predict what the U.S. and its buddies would do in terms of sides. Scary stuff, indeed!

China is certainly the proverbial wild card here because of their economic situation. In a hypothetical war between Japan and China, I honestly can't predict what the U.S. and its buddies would do in terms of sides. Scary stuff, indeed!

Japan is considered one of our closest allies,next to the UK,and then Israel .We would have to get involved,is my guess.

Our general relation with China are ok,and much stronger than they are with Korea ,but China is now the other super power,not Russia .

Given my inclinations ,this is very disconcerting for me,overall .

• Like 1

Japan is considered one of our closest allies,next to the UK,and then Israel .We would have to get involved,is my guess.

Our general relation with China are ok,and much stronger than they are with Korea ,but China is now the other super power,not Russia .

Given my inclinations ,this is very disconcerting for me,overall .

Yes but the U.S. is so far in debt with China, and even if we weren't, our economies are so closely linked that it probably would only take a couple sanctions from China to change the U.S.'s mind. The same can be said about the Japanese and American economies, but nowhere near the extent of U.S. and China.

Yes but the U.S. is so far in debt with China, and even if we weren't, our economies are so closely linked that it probably would only take a couple sanctions from China to change the U.S.'s mind. The same can be said about the Japanese and American economies, but nowhere near the extent of U.S. and China.

Well I think that China is the country that is on the edge. hey need to make 250K jobs a month, or something like that, just to stay even and a repressed world economy means less demand which means the razor edge balance in China starts to tip.

Man seems like China is having territorial issues with just about all their neighbours.

Pretty much .So soon everyone forgets Taiwan ,and Tibet is still terrorized .

We won't let them attack Japan . Never happen . Our ties with Japan go far deeper .

• Like 1

We won't let them attack Japan . Never happen . Our ties with Japan go far deeper .

Yes, because what America needs is to get involved in a shooting war with the largest airforce in the world.

Yes, because what America needs is to get involved in a shooting war with the largest airforce in the world.

n

Chinese military doesn't come close to matching the US. That said, a shooting war would not be good for the world.

n

Chinese military doesn't come close to matching the US. That said, a shooting war would not be good for the world.

What everyone overlooks,is the chinese army is heavily trained i hand to hand combat.They also outnumber us by millions .

They would turn it into an on land face to face confrontation,and we would lose .,badly .

And its fool hardy to just say,..oh. gee,one of our biggest allies,gosh ,let another country attack them .No problem .

What everyone overlooks,is the chinese army is heavily trained i hand to hand combat.They also outnumber us by millions .

They would turn it into an on land face to face confrontation,and we would lose .,badly .

And its fool hardy to just say,..oh. gee,one of our biggest allies,gosh ,let another country attack them .No problem .

I don't see an invasion of chinese mainland, sea war is most likely and repulsing a chinese invasion of Taiwan.

• Like 1