Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meteor Explodes over Russia. dozens injured..

Professor T

Some news that does not seem to be in western media but is on domestic channels. There is no gas because automatic systems shut everything, so many cannot cook. Estimated more than one hundred thousand square metres of glass smashed, and night temperature will be -20C. City administration has promised to maintain municipal central heating....

• Like 2

Some news that does not seem to be in western media but is on domestic channels. There is no gas because automatic systems shut everything, so many cannot cook. Estimated more than one hundred thousand square metres of glass smashed, and night temperature will be -20C. City administration has promised to maintain municipal central heating....

Oh dear. My mother was telling me about how cheap the gas was over there, during the freezing months people still had their windows open. There was an article about it in France.

Mobile phones stopped working too, which does not surprise me, I have always wonder the impact it would have on the satellite systems transmissions.

Edited by freetoroam

I thought about the cell phone thing and it could have been the towers were damaged by the booms.

Well I have to go to bed; someone please wake me up if the world doesn't survive the night.

Goodnight Frank.

I you feel a vibration in your bed, its ok, someone might have left the batteries in.

Cup of coffee or tea when you wake up?

• Like 1

I thought about the cell phone thing and it could have been the towers were damaged by the booms.

It just shows that in an emergency like this, plan B has to be in force if the mobiles go down. it could be interfering with the waves and yes, when the towers were damaged.

Do we have a plan B? :cry:

• Like 1

So I ask the same question again....did the professional sky watchers see this coming?

I checkout space weather.com daily..

They/nasa didn't know this was going to happen..

• Like 1

It just shows that in an emergency like this, plan B has to be in force if the mobiles go down. it could be interfering with the waves and yes, when the towers were damaged.

Do we have a plan B? :cry:

I think our plan B would be burning+looting, or it WOULD be if all the 'yoofs' could get in touch with other after the mobile networks went down.....

I checkout space weather.com daily..

They/nasa didn't know this was going to happen..

THANKYOU. So the professional who know more than us because they are in a position to know - knew nothing.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

I think our plan B would be burning+looting, or it WOULD be if all the 'yoofs' could get in touch with other after the mobile networks went down.....

:tu:

Yep, just seen it - Leeds, I lived in London and have survived 2 "plan B`s". The yoots will out like ants.

The meteors path versus the asteroid flying by soon

Meteor5.png

Or if you want zoom-ability

http://s.telegraph.c...ges/Meteor5.png

No way was that meteor only 2 meters big..

Surely a rock only 2 meters large wouldn't do that ammount of damage..

• Like 1

No way was that meteor only 2 meters big..

Surely a rock only 2 meters large wouldn't do that ammount of damage..

force=mass x accelaration professor, so something weighing 10t, travelling at 10,000mph would have a kinetic force of 100,000t, and that'd REALLY hurt.....

• Like 1

I have a plan B...But Id have to kill you if I told as its top secret in my world.

• Like 1

:tu:

Yep, just seen it - Leeds, I lived in London and have survived 2 "plan B`s". The yoots will out like ants.

LIVED in london?

does that mean you were lucky enough to escape to somewhere..... nicer...?

:-)

Now that it has passed by its closest I will have to give our astronomers a big :tu: . Estimated closest 17,200....Actual closest it reached 17,200. Nice and accurate. +1 credibilty.

• Like 2

Looks like Asteroid DA14 2012 wasn't the closest fly-by this century then. Trust the Russians to up-stage NASA :P

Edited by Finity
  • Like 3

THANKYOU. So the professional who know more than us because they are in a position to know - knew nothing.

It's mindboggling that they can know/track many of the objects they do know about from a rock that's spinning just over a thousnand miles an hour, that's flying around a star at 559,234 miles an hour, that's spinning around the glalaxy at 492,125 miles an hour.. (think I got that googled right)

And these things travel at thousands of miles an hour, with a liminocity so faint you need an apeture of several meters to get a decent view of where they are by staring at space..

The math/science is dizzying.. Facinating... But way to complicated for me and my micky mouse calculator.. :lol:

• Like 3

LIVED in london?

does that mean you were lucky enough to escape to somewhere..... nicer...?

Oh yes. From the estates of Sauf London to a boat on the canals. :tu:

I have a plan B...But Id have to kill you if I told as its top secret in my world.

is the weather nicer on your world too?

politicians swinging from every streetlight?

no such thing as justin bieber?

(jumps into his shed and starts dr zarkoving himself up a rocket-ship....)

• Like 1

Oh dear. My mother was telling me about how cheap the gas was over there, during the freezing months people still had their windows open. There was an article about it in France.

Mobile phones stopped working too, which does not surprise me, I have always wonder the impact it would have on the satellite systems transmissions.

They probably had open windows because their apartment was too hot and they are not able to control the temperature. This is a legacy from Soviet times with hot water for heating coming from central boilers. You see on the photo a lot of steam coming from the district heating boilers all over Moscow. They are very noticable by their red and white stripped chimnies. Apartments at top of buildings can get overheated when heating is still on but outside temperature has risen due to fluctuations, particulary at onset of spring.

2a7d13fdef1b.jpg

• Like 3

All of the above and Ale flows like water out of the fountains in the town square.

• Like 2

Oh yes. From the estates of Sauf London to a boat on the canals. :tu:

niiiice.....

living the dream eh!

(i think I hear a levellers song coming on....)

It's mindboggling that they can know/track many of the objects they do know about from a rock that's spinning just over a thousnand miles an hour, that's flying around a star at 559,234 miles an hour, that's spinning around the glalaxy at 492,125 miles an hour.. (think I got that googled right)

And these things travel at thousands of miles an hour, with a liminocity so faint you need an apeture of several meters to get a decent view of where they are by staring at space..

The math/science is dizzying.. Facinating... But way to complicated for me and my micky mouse calculator.. :lol:

It sure is. Its all mind boggling stuff. Just do not get how they did not see this one coming.

Maybe they did and knew they could not stop it in time, so instead of causing a panic, they just hoped for the best and waited to see what the outcome was?

Could that happen? would they do that? Instead of warning people because nothing could be done to stop it, they keep it quiet? They know about the ones which are not going to hit Earth, so why not know about the one which will??

2m is probably too small for us too pick up tbh.

they use computers programs for things such as Asteroid DA-

Edited by AsteroidX

All of the above and Ale flows like water out of the fountains in the town square.

:o

(feverishly starts hammering away at his flux capacitor....)

• Like 1