Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Ditches Longtime Church and Friends for

__Kratos__

Breaking News

Barack Obama has resigned as a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, his campaign says.

CNN.com

---------------------------------------

I guess 20 years of faith, friendship and even family tied in there doesn't mean much to him... Shows some true colors.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• __Kratos__

• InHuman

• Incorrigible1

• HKCavalier

So be it, if thats what it'll take for the white people to calm down then I guess it must be done.

VOTE BLOC!

Edited by InHuman

Breaking News

Barack Obama has resigned as a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago, his campaign says.

CNN.com

I guess 20 years of faith, friendship and even family tied in there doesn't mean much to him... Shows some true colors.

lol Oh right, and faith is never betrayed, nor friendships ended and families estranged! Yeah, I'm sure he just dropped 'em like a bad check. Kratos, this is reaching. You damned him for staying and now you damn him for leaving...YOU DON'T LIKE THE GUY, WE GET IT!

I did damn him for staying and being a part of the foolish hate but he talked so much about that church and he's been there forever. He's only changing for the votes and for power... Not because it was the right thing to do. He had the last 20 years to do the right thing and he didn't till it might cost him something.

Breaking News

CNN.com

So, if he stays in the church he is bad...if he quits he is also bad...now could you decide on which pat is reproachable so we can continue?

So, if he stays in the church he is bad...if he quits he is also bad...now could you decide on which pat is reproachable so we can continue?

They're both bad. Not my fault that he's been part of a hate church for the last 20 years and then ditched them to look good for votes. Again, he had 20 years to do the right thing and he didn't.

When Wright started speaking Obama went off on his history with the church; how even his children were baptized there and such. Now because they're making him look bad with the attention again, so he's cutting them out. That seems pretty bad as well.

Poor Barak -- he's in a lose-lose situation -- too bad -- well, you know, this is his baggage -- he's earned it. That's life.

What did he think -- running for President wouldn't ever get this rough?

Don't worry, his masses of euphoric supporters will easily look beyond this.

But again, when you listen to the dufus Priest's zany, ranting "sermon" -- it's completely disgusting. He slams "white people" over and over again. I wonder what the outcry would be like if you could substitute "black" for everytime he said "white" -- there would be total outrage -- there would probably be another million man march on Washington.

Hillary is a white woman, so it's okay for these church loonies to broil her al they want in racial execrations. And now people are having sympathy for poor Barak because he's tied to these ka-ka heads.

Ain't nuthin this dude does will ever please you eh? He stays with the church, you say he shows his true colors as someone who believes the preacher's words. He leaves the church, you bash him and say he shows his true colors for leaving it and friends.

*rolls her eyes*

Yet when McCain excepted Haggie's support.. "Oh.. oh well..." Then he denounced it.. "Was his choice.." (moving on to the general reaction of people..)

Ptch.. whatever.. no one's perfect. Not one single canidate is perfect.

Ain't nuthin this dude does will ever please you eh? He stays with the church, you say he shows his true colors as someone who believes the preacher's words. He leaves the church, you bash him and say he shows his true colors for leaving it and friends.

*rolls her eyes*

Yet when McCain excepted Haggie's support.. "Oh.. oh well..." Then he denounced it.. "Was his choice.." (moving on to the general reaction of people..)

Ptch.. whatever.. no one's perfect. Not one single canidate is perfect.

Oh, this is just part of the mud slinging competition... no issues, no brains, no stamina but lots of negative propaganda for your opponents... that is what you need to get into office in the US of A.

Probably so everybody can b**** about the government.

Oh, this is just part of the mud slinging competition... no issues, no brains, no stamina but lots of negative propaganda for your opponents... that is what you need to get into office in the US of A.

Probably so everybody can b**** about the government.

Still better then greece.

McCain only had his support. He was not going to his church for all those years.

Obama had a personal relationship with Rev. Wright and that church... Even called him a mentor till the media got a wind of his stupidity. Was at that church for over 20 years and such. Then ditched them.

A big difference between the two.

McCain's pastor a sharp contrast to Obama's

McCain only had his support. He was not going to his church for all those years.

Obama had a personal relationship with Rev. Wright and that church... Even called him a mentor till the media got a wind of his stupidity. Was at that church for over 20 years and such. Then ditched them.

Of his years working and speaking to his congregation, his entire career is summed up in a 20second clip.

Of his years working and speaking to his congregation, his entire career is summed up in a 20second clip.

Well the recent priest was a visiting guest. It's the entire church that is the problem for their messages. You just can't preach hate and foolishness (more then the usual pixie dust stuff) for 20 years and then expect to be accepted. There's a history with the church and it's problems with mainstream America.

I doubt many people would be saying that it was 'just a 20 second clip' if Dan Yeary, McCain's pastor, had made racial comments regarding Obama last week at church.

Poor Barak -- he's in a lose-lose situation -- too bad -- well, you know, this is his baggage -- he's earned it. That's life.

But again, when you listen to the dufus Priest's zany, ranting "sermon" -- it's completely disgusting.

I think most people can understand that the fact that he's a Pastor doesn't rule out the fact that he's an a-hole. He seems to see himself as some sort of prophet for "The Disenfranchised People of America". I wish he'd just get over himself and shut the hell up.

I don't think that this preacher's getting lost in his own ego reflects much on Obama. When I've been involved with spiritual groups the thing that drew me was the fellowship of people trying to live decently. The preacher was relatively unimportant. The community of worshipers is much more significant than the preacher. After the fellowship of worshipers the next most important thing is the opportunity to give kids an education in morality and ethics.

If I thought Obama had some sort of agenda to get even with white folks I wouldn't support him. I'm white. My family's white and Asian. I wouldn't vote for somebody who was going to put my family in a bad position. I don't think Obama's a reverse racist. I think he's just a brilliant and decent guy who's part black. If Obama DOES get elected maybe his presidency will reduce some of the racial paranoia that still exists in America. I hope so.

And so he left the church because the views were not the same as the pastor's... And you still gripe about the guy. So really.. whatever.

And so he left the church because the views were not the same as the pastor's... And you still gripe about the guy.

No, he did not. He sat there for over 20 years listening to crap being spewed out. He only left because it was causing him grief for his run for power.

So really.. whatever.

Yes, whatever. :rolleyes:

Edited by __Kratos__

No, he did not. He sat there for over 20 years listening to crap being spewed out. He only left because it was causing him grief for his run for power.

Again, how can you judge ALL of his sermons on a 20 second clip?

Again, how can you judge ALL of his sermons on a 20 second clip?

I haven't. Though those beliefs don't pop up over night. Plus Obama even admitted that his church was like that when Rev. Wright first came to light... Before he threw him off the ship to.

Edited by __Kratos__

I haven't. Though those beliefs don't pop up over night. Plus Obama even admitted that his church was like that when Rev. Wright first came to light... Before he threw him off the ship to.

People spend years going over the bible. But altho there is crap (some very dark and hateful passages) they take everythign for the greater good.

We can't be sure that there was enough dirt to muddy the pool.

People spend years going over the bible. But altho there is crap (some very dark and hateful passages) they take everythign for the greater good.

We can't be sure that there was enough dirt to muddy the pool.

What does the bible have to do with this? :blink: And anyways, both canidates follow the bible so that wouldn't work anyways. :P

Obama quits Chicago church steeped in controversy

ABERDEEN, S.D. - Barack Obama said Saturday he has resigned his 20-year membership in the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago "with some sadness" in the aftermath of inflammatory remarks by his longtime pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, and more recent fiery remarks at the church by a visiting priest.

"This is not a decision I come to lightly ... and it is one I make with some sadness," Obama said at a news conference after campaign officials released a letter of resignation he sent to the church on Friday.

"I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested in people who want me to denounce the church," he said, adding that the new pastor at Trinity and "the church have been suffering from the attention my campaign has focused on them."

Obama said he and his wife have been discussing the issue since Wright's appearance at the National Press Club in Washington last month, which reignited the furor over remarks Wright had made in various sermons at the church.

"I suspect we'll find another church home for our family," Obama said.

"It's clear that now that I'm a candidate for president, every time something is said in the church by anyone associated with Trinity, including guest pastors, the remarks will imputed to me even if they totally conflict with my long-held views, statements and principles," he said.

More of the article here: Link

-------------------------------------------------------

So he doesn't even denouce the church for it's hate message it's been preaching all these years. He just wants a clean break from his life so he'll look good to the voters despite 20 years there of worship, friendships and having his family there.

I wonder what he'll do in a situation where he'd have to make a tough choice that would make him look bad as our president? Will he tough it out for the American people or roll over like he did here?

So he doesn't even denouce the church for it's hate message it's been preaching all these years.

Really, just stop. You know nothing of the people, the place, or (apparently) the context provided by the former black belt in South Chicago. You should be embarrassed by your own slogans. Certainly, any self-respecting 5th grader would be.

Really, just stop. You know nothing of the people, the place, or (apparently) the context provided by the former black belt in South Chicago. You should be embarrassed by your own slogans. Certainly, any self-respecting 5th grader would be.

Oh, an insult... What an arguement. :lol:

As for the church... Their message speaks for it's self. I'm just saying I don't agree with it. Unless you agree with their messages?

Edited by __Kratos__

I think most people can understand that the fact that he's a Pastor doesn't rule out the fact that he's an a-hole. He seems to see himself as some sort of prophet for "The Disenfranchised People of America". I wish he'd just get over himself and shut the hell up.

I don't think that this preacher's getting lost in his own ego reflects much on Obama. When I've been involved with spiritual groups the thing that drew me was the fellowship of people trying to live decently. The preacher was relatively unimportant. The community of worshipers is much more significant than the preacher. After the fellowship of worshipers the next most important thing is the opportunity to give kids an education in morality and ethics.

If I thought Obama had some sort of agenda to get even with white folks I wouldn't support him. I'm white. My family's white and Asian. I wouldn't vote for somebody who was going to put my family in a bad position. I don't think Obama's a reverse racist. I think he's just a brilliant and decent guy who's part black. If Obama DOES get elected maybe his presidency will reduce some of the racial paranoia that still exists in America. I hope so.

You should read Obama's books. He is a racist and I think they clearly show it.

You should read Obama's books. He is a racist and I think they clearly show it.

Comments like your's actually sound like YOU are the one that is racist.

You want to REALLY know who RACIST is? So racist that if Clinton is not on the 08 ticket, they threaten to vote for McLame -- watch this:

The above video TOTALLY coincides with this article titled:

Don't Vote Chromosomes: The First Woman Must Be The Right Woman

Obama Racist?? If he is so RACIST, how could Portland, Oregon (primarily WHITE ) overwhelmingly vote for Obama ? This turnout was the LARGEST in Democratic history.

(notice the sea of WHITE faces there? )

Psst.. in case you are unaware of this fact: His MOMMA was WHITE!

Edited by Cinders