Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] 500 cats intercepted en route to restaurants

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    with bells on

with bells on

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

i have three cats, and eating them is not cool.. ive seen dogs in restaurant windows in asia,(with half their bodies sliced off) they love eating our pets.. gives me the creeps.. and in thailand they love eating rats.. grose..

#17    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

I have two observations here;

1) You don't get to become the most populous nation on the planet by being finicky.

2) The decision to eat an animal or keep it as a pet is completely arbitrary. What exactly is the criteria? It reminds me of a scene in Roger Moore's documentary Roger and Me, where he comes across a sign in an impoverished area (I suspect Detroit and Flint Michigan are even worse off now) that read "Rabbits for sale. Pets or Meat".

I know what my criteria is when it comes to deciding whether to eat something or not. The question is not "is it cute?" "is it intelligent" "is it soft and furry?"   My only question is "does it feel pain?"

Posted Image

#18    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

I thought from the title that it was a Cat Party Night that was halted.  (lol)

Sweet and sour cat? *throws up*

:gun:

Edited by Eldorado, 04 November 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#19    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,535 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:07 AM

Hunger has a way of blurring the distinction between pets and dinner.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#20    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostLilly, on 04 November 2012 - 01:07 AM, said:

Hunger has a way of blurring the distinction between pets and dinner.

People would eat their dog if their survival depends on it, from what I've heard.

#21    ozman

ozman

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 276 posts

• techlivewire.com is my main site.

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:01 AM

Who ordered the sweet and sour pussies? Moment truck crammed with FIVE HUNDRED cats was stopped en route to restaurants in China

Police officers in China have recently saved as many as 500 cats from being killed and served as “savory” dishes at various restaurants across the country.

Apparently, these neglected felines were rescued quite by chance, meaning that the police officers who found them only intended to perform a routine check on the truck that was transporting them.

The driver tried to keep the police from having a closer look at his truck, and argued that he was merely transporting some rabbits.

However, once the cages in the back of the truck were uncovered, the police came face to face with quite a lot of cats all piled up on top of one another.

“The driver said it was a full load of rabbit,” officer Sun Hai explained.

“But after we instructed him to uncover the load we were shocked to find a full load of living cats,” he went on to say.

According to Daily Mail, the felines were both hungry and terrified, seeing how the people who shoved them into the tiny cages in which they were found did not provide them with any food and even injured some of them.

http://www.dailymail...ants-China.html

Posted Image

#22    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,034 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:21 AM

Hey Mr. Oz,

This thread already exists in the 'Other World News: Asia, Africa, etc.' forum.

Contact an adminstrator or moderator to get your thread merged, or purged. :)

#23    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,385 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:13 PM

Threads merged.

Posted Image

#24    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

I love cats, they have a wonderful soul...they should not be eaten!

why not? is their life worth more then a chicken's life?
unless you area a vegan, and use absolutely no animal products (soaps, leather shoes, etc are out), you really don't have a right to complain. :whistle:
and i'm sure cat is a fine meal :yes:

#25    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 05 November 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

unless you area a vegan, and use absolutely no animal products (soaps, leather shoes, etc are out), you really don't have a right to complain. :whistle:

#26    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Vegan, not vegan, pets not pets...... what I have major issue with is having 500 LIVE cats on a truck, some in cages, some in sacks....sick people deserve to get major food poisoning and die, the poor wee creatures!!!!! :td:

Posted Image

#27    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,048 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 07 November 2012 - 05:41 PM

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#28    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:27 PM

View PostGrey14, on 01 November 2012 - 09:56 PM, said:

they don't actually kill them that way. I saw a documentary many years back i think on HBO and it was about animal cruelty. In one segment they showed a resurant in china that served dogs and cats and they showed them preparing one for a customer. What they did was noose the cat around the neck with a wire on a pole. They then took it into the kitchen and thumped it on the head several times with a wooden mallet. The "cook" then made an incision on both sides of the cats neck. the cat is still in the noose at this point. He then puts it into a deep fat frier for about 5 seconds or so and pulls it out. Apprently this is to help get the skin off because he then took a tool and just peeled the skin of the cat off from the neck down all in one peice. He then un-noosed the cat into a large pool of water in the middle of the kitchen. At that point they stopped showing the process but the cat was still moving in the water. I don't know if it was still alive or if that was reflexes but it was very disturbing to watch and I have never forgotten it.
This is just too sad... I can't help hating people who can kill animals like that..

:tsu:

#29    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,048 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#30    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostMnemonix, on 04 November 2012 - 07:36 AM, said:

People would eat their dog if their survival depends on it, from what I've heard.

I suppose it is difficult for me to say that I would never do that, but then again I've never been in a situation where I was starving.  Right now, I feel angry at these people.  I feel that that which is done to the animals, should be done to them.  I cannot stand it when innocent animals are abused and killed like this.
Here in South Africa we have a huge problem with rhino poaching.  These poor animals are hunted so their horns can be used as medicine..what nonsense.  This year alone more that 400 have been killed. Call me evil-(I wouldn't care), but if it was my choice, these poachers will also be losing body parts themselves and left to bleed to death....

Although rhino horn has no medicinal effects on humans, myths about rhino horn still persist. In China and Vietnam, rhino horn is unfortunately promoted as a "remedy" for nearly everything, from fever to cancer. The cultural myths surrounding rhino horn are why rhinos are slaughtered illegally - and why wild rhino populations in Africa and Asia are at risk of extinction
Posted Image

:tsu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users