Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Upside down trees

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,035 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

I think this one also belongs in the 2 legged dogman database..........

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#17    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,695 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

View PostSakari, on 08 April 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

I think this one also belongs in the 2 legged dogman database..........

What is that?

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#18    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:36 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#19    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

View PostNight Walker, on 08 April 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Posted Image

I all most spit my beer out when I read this. And that would have been alcohol abuse!  :w00t:

#20    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image
Oh snap!!   That is awesome.  :tu:

#21    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,695 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

Posted Image

Ahh, I see. Where intelligence, common sense, and such go to die.

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#22    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,053 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 08 April 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

Ahh, I see. Where intelligence, common sense, and such go to die.
Oh, don't be so negative. Try thinking of it as the place where imagination comes to life!

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

#23    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,695 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

View PostNight Walker, on 08 April 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Oh, don't be so negative. Try thinking of it as the place where imagination comes to life!

I like that...i ma gi na  tion :innocent:

#24    Farmer77

Farmer77

Psychic Spy

• 1,610 posts

• "Science has done its utmost to prevent whatever science has done" - Charles Fort

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:08 AM

Even if it is a regional phenomenon it is a place for researchers to start looking. If a male marks his territory he will survey his territory eventually.

I wonder though are any of these upside down trees found in avalanche zones or chutes?

I don't suffer from insanity, I rather enjoy it

#25    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

View Postbigtroutak, on 09 April 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

Even if it is a regional phenomenon it is a place for researchers to start looking. If a male marks his territory he will survey his territory eventually.

I wonder though are any of these upside down trees found in avalanche zones or chutes?
BtAK....what is your thinking with the avalanche zone or chute thing?  Got knocked over by avalanche/rockslide you mean?

#26    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,053 posts

J.M. Smith

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostSusiq2, on 07 April 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

It is reported that the upside down tress are the way a male BF "marks" his territory. That had to be a huge BF to be able to pull the tress up and then plant them upside down. I hope to never encounter him..
It bothers me that there is so much false belief based on faulty/inaccurate information when it comes to Bigfoot.

SusiQ: from your posts on BFF and elsewhere you seem to be one of the genuinely nice people of Bigfoot Research with never a bad word to say about anyone - not even against the hardcore skeptics. I'm interested to know if this discussion has changed your perception/interpretation of upside down trees as Bigfoot territory markers and whether you will help educate your associates.

#27    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,695 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:39 AM

View Postbigtroutak, on 09 April 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

The land purchased for the Glacial Gardens in Juneau had been the site of a landslide due to heavy rains and snow melt. But it was the man who cleared the area who stuck a tree upside down and eventually turned it and others into "Flower Towers". It did not mention he found any this way.

However, Prince of Wales, or anywhere else, I don't know.

#28    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

You would need machinery to do this, full stop. The inverted trees on Prince of Wales island are so close to the Glacial Gardens in Juneau that they most likely are related.

Maybe they practiced on a few trees on the island before doing it in the Glacial Gardens.

How could anyone asume bigfoot because of this?

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#29    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,695 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostDKO, on 09 April 2012 - 05:47 AM, said:

You would need machinery to do this, full stop. The inverted trees on Prince of Wales island are so close to the Glacial Gardens in Juneau that they most likely are related.

Maybe they practiced on a few trees on the island before doing it in the Glacial Gardens.

How could anyone asume bigfoot because of this?

Very logical, DKO

Supposedly he was mad about costs at the time he was clearing the land and just stuck a tree in the ground with the equipment he was using and later adding flowers--- viola! the Flower Towers were born.  

Maybe he was/or had been a logger and had seen someone stick a tree upside before? Or, knew how it was done. Or, he had done it himself. Maybe he had worked as a logger on Prince of Wales island?

As far as believing bigfoot did this?
I seem to ask that a lot about all things bigfoot.
The tv episode said they are thought to live there. So, it would be an irresistible Bunyanesque bigfoot story.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 09 April 2012 - 08:20 AM.

#30    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,008 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

Maybe bigfoot shot JFK too?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users