Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Inside the Alien-Abduction Support Group

anne ramsey cuvelier abducted alien abductees experiencers

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,614 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

If you’re abducted by alien beings, are you physically absent?

This happens to be an important issue for the media-shy people gathered one afternoon last July on the porch of Anne Ramsey Cuvelier’s blue Victorian inn on Narragansett Bay, the harborside mansion turned B&B seemed a fittingly baroque setting for the group of reluctant guests Cuvelier describes as “not a club anyone wants to belong to.”

She had gathered them to compare experiences as, well, “experiencers,” a term they prefer to “abductees,” and to socialize free of stigma among peers.

http://www.vanityfai...duction-science

Posted Image

#2    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Imagine beeing a fly on the wall at those meatings..... the stories you would hear.

Enough to make a quadrillion scifi movies...... or meet people enough to fill an entire wing at any insane asylum.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

If there really are people being abducted by aliens they would need a support group to deal with it.  More power to them if it helps.

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

This should be fun.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Now most people have mobiles phones, I am hoping that for those who get abducted regularly, they will be able to get some footage on it......I know, there will be the slight snag of phones not working inside the mothership, but even a glimpse of the aliens coming to take them for their monthly or so jabs would be useful.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:29 PM

Posted Image

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#7    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostHilander, on 12 May 2013 - 03:47 PM, said:

If there really are people being abducted by aliens they would need a support group to deal with it.  More power to them if it helps.

No need to worry about that..... What these poor souls obviously need is some serious psychiatric help. Not having people like them feeding their fantasy.

That would be like having a ring of phedophiles telling their "war stories" thinking it would cure them.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#8    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,184 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 May 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Now most people have mobiles phones, I am hoping that for those who get abducted regularly, they will be able to get some footage on it......I know, there will be the slight snag of phones not working inside the mothership, but even a glimpse of the aliens coming to take them for their monthly or so jabs would be useful.
Like this guy who apparently got abducted by blurry lights..
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=247208

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 7,518 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 12 May 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

Like this guy who apparently got abducted by blurry lights..
http://www.unexplain...howtopic=247208
Posted Image

Yep, apparently.

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

If this is an occurance going on in there heads and not real thats sad, But I mean most people thats brain is telling them something is real.... are going to believe its real.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#11    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostDBunker, on 12 May 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

No need to worry about that..... What these poor souls obviously need is some serious psychiatric help. Not having people like them feeding their fantasy.

That would be like having a ring of phedophiles telling their "war stories" thinking it would cure them.

Except that no children were abused. And that no crimes were commited. And that no illegal activity took place.

Exactly the same.... Well the judgement of character anyway.....

#12    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:55 PM

I believe alien abductions are real from looking into the phenomenon. It seems to be realted to the UFO phenomenon. Abductees reach out to these types of groups as a way of coping since there is no recourse.

There seems to be a lot of these type of support groups and there may be one in your area.

http://alien-abduction.meetup.com

The meetup site seems to be a popular site to find like minded groups these days.

I find this video particularly insightful.

Edited by topsecretresearch, 13 May 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#13    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:59 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 13 May 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Except that no children were abused. And that no crimes were commited. And that no illegal activity took place.

Part from that, yes. The "blind leading a blind" problem.

Edited by DBunker, 13 May 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#14    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

They have support groups for other people having problems so what is wrong with these people having one.  They aren't hurting anyone.

With all the sightings being reported, many by reputable people, and governments making plans for an alien invasion who is to say they haven't been abducted.

#15    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 13 May 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Except that no children were abused.

Children are also abducted. Read multigenerational abductions. It just goes to show people who dismiss abduction have no clue what they are talking about and haven't looked into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users