Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

NOAA claims Bermuda Triangle is just a myth

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:49 AM

I've watches recently on national Geographic a documentary talking about some space time distortion vortex caused by electro magnetic anomalies. It seems some modern planes have travelled way to fast or slow on some distances according to the onboard clock versus base control. In the same time often the fuel tank is emptying faster on short distances than it would normally do in other routes.

#62    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,099 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:21 AM

I'm inclined to agree with NOAA on this.  All commercial ships are insured against loss.  Insurance companies are really very good at assessing risk.  Having said that, the arbitrary triangular area of ocean in question is one of the busiest shipping lanes in the world.  If there was a substantial risk to being in there, the insurance companies would know about it and would require ships to route around it.   There are no statistics that support the notion of ship or plane loss being any more likely there than anywhere else in the world.  It is really just a lot of media hype and mythology.

#63    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,317 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:42 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 06 March 2014 - 04:49 AM, said:

I've watches recently on national Geographic a documentary talking about some space time distortion vortex caused by electro magnetic anomalies. It seems some modern planes have travelled way to fast or slow on some distances according to the onboard clock versus base control. In the same time often the fuel tank is emptying faster on short distances than it would normally do in other routes.

You need to clarify what you are talkiing about here because Einstein predicted that clocks run slower the faster their speed that clocks run slower the stronger the gravity around it.  What this means is that a clock on teh space station will sem to be running slower than a matching clock on the ground. The effect, however, is negligible when discussing aircraft.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#64    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 02:50 AM

Of course it is just a myth, doesn't mean a lot of planes and ships haven't disappeared without a trace though. But if that's all it takes to make an area cursed, the pacific north west and especially the graveyard of the pacific must be uberly-cursed then :w00t:

~

Not to derail this thread, but...that being said, does anyone remember the case of that plane in the early 1960s (I believe it was a DC of some make) that was en-route to  Miami, on radar and within fifty kilometres of the airport when it vanished. I remember reading about this case ages ago, but cannot remember where. :( I believe no trace of the plane was ever found, but would like to read more. Any help and/or links would be welcomed. Thanks!

#65    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,730 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

Perhaps it's moved to Malaysia.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#66    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 16 March 2014 - 02:50 AM, said:

Of course it is just a myth, doesn't mean a lot of planes and ships haven't disappeared without a trace though. But if that's all it takes to make an area cursed, the pacific north west and especially the graveyard of the pacific must be uberly-cursed then :w00t:

~

Not to derail this thread, but...that being said, does anyone remember the case of that plane in the early 1960s (I believe it was a DC of some make) that was en-route to  Miami, on radar and within fifty kilometres of the airport when it vanished. I remember reading about this case ages ago, but cannot remember where. :( I believe no trace of the plane was ever found, but would like to read more. Any help and/or links would be welcomed. Thanks!
From Wikipedia, this was in 1948, it was a DC-3, but it looks like it just drifted off course, and the plane was overloaded and had electronic difficulties, evidently:
http://en.wikipedia....)_disappearance

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users