Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Peace-prize winning Pakistani girl on Taliban

Keel M.

Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year old Pakistani activist who won international acclaim for her work promoting peace, and two other young girls were shot and seriously injured Tuesday, police and hospital officials said.

Local police and hospital officials told NBC News that Malala was shot in the neck and head shortly after leaving her school in the Swat region. Doctors said they were working in an attempt to save the lives of all three girls.

full story

• Like 3

I hope she pulls through. It just proves no one is safe from Taliban terror. Probably the worst muslim extremists in the world right now.

• Like 2

That just goes to show you what some will do if you aren't promoting their agenda. They have no tolerance for other opinions.

I really hope these girls survive, we need more people like them.

• Like 3

The horrible truth is that this type of reprisal will become the norm when we leave Afghanistan.

• Like 1

Absolutely pathetic. If someone feels so threatened by a teenage girl so much they feel compelled to shoot them, they are the ones that have issues.

I hope she goes on to graduate university. I hope she becomes Prime Minister or President.

Edited by MichaelW
  • Like 4

Talibans and their sort a the biggest enemy not only to modern sociaty, peace, prosperity, education but also to the religion I belong.

Cowards. I just hope a bullet hits the guy who shot the poor girl.

I wish her the best and hope she winns her fight agsinst those barbarians.

• Like 4

I just read another article stating that doctors who performed surgery on Malala are optimistic that she will recover. I strongly admire this girl for her courage and bravery. Her only crime was having an opinion and voicing it on the internet and this is a strong reminder to the rest of us to appreciate our ability to freely express our thoughts and opinions without fear.

I hope she and the other girls recover quickly and go on to accomplish great things. :yes:

A link to some of her writing if anyone is interested...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7834402.stm

• Like 2

Ah, but you don't understand, he was doing Allahs will.

John 16:2

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

• Like 1

I just saw this on Pakistan's "Day of Prayer for this precious young girl". It seems the Taliban have found their true place in history within the faith as Muslims in their thousands join in solidarity to pray for the recovery of Malala Yousafzai.

The prayers in schools and other places across Pakistan on October 12 are in response to a call by the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial government for people around the nation to express solidarity with Yousafzai.

Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf is due to visit Yousafzai on October 12 as the gravely wounded schoolgirl recovers in a military hospital in Rawalpindi.

http://leanforward.m...helastword

Prayers are being held in schools and mosques across the country. There a rich depths in humanity that we seldom get to see.

It is heartening and inspiring to me to have something from this corner of the world that succinctly condemns the inhumanity of militant extremists while offering a glance at the true nature of the hearts and minds of the citizens so often unfairly associated with the actions of the criminal minority on the world stage by a western media.

I also pray for her recovery - a soul which inspires and ignites the compassion and humanity in us all.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 6

The horrible truth is that this type of reprisal will become the norm when we leave Afghanistan.

and your solution is what?

and your solution is what?

It was a simple statement. I have no solution. AFGHANISTAN has no solution. We were wrong to stay so long. In future when the need arises to project power because of an enemy attacking us we should hit them decisively, inflict as much destruction of their ability as possibly then withdraw and let them lick their wounds and think about it. Sometimes I think that's all there is.... when did it become the norm to try being kind to someone whose goal is to kill you? And I speak at the national level with that statement. If an individual is willing to sacrifice their life for their values then I admire them but countries have an obligation to protect the people.

How sickening....but also how encouraging it is that she has wide support in Pakistan.

Incidents like this can become powerful catalysts for change. And I hope this is so, in this case.

Apparently the 'Taliban' have vowed to attack her again...and her father. Sick idiots. Dangerous sick idiots.

Bless that girl...and the other two girls who were shot, as well.

• Like 4

It was a simple statement. I have no solution. AFGHANISTAN has no solution. We were wrong to stay so long. In future when the need arises to project power because of an enemy attacking us we should hit them decisively, inflict as much destruction of their ability as possibly then withdraw and let them lick their wounds and think about it. Sometimes I think that's all there is.... when did it become the norm to try being kind to someone whose goal is to kill you? And I speak at the national level with that statement. If an individual is willing to sacrifice their life for their values then I admire them but countries have an obligation to protect the people.

Allowing the Taliban to regain a foothold in the political arena/military of Afghanistan is also no solution. There is an entire nation of terrorised people there too - the Taliban are the potential oppressors of a totalitarian regime, we've already seen what their Afghanistan looks like. We can hardly desert these people after getting half the job done.

Anyway, the tide has shifted and we have, in part, a brave young girl to thank for that - if this is the first concrete step in Afghani's and Pakistani's taking a stand in unequivocally criminalising the Taliban agenda - moving out may be the best thing we can do for the first time in the last 10 years. It is looking like they are getting serious about cleaning their own backyards, I pray the impetus to do so remains strong.

• Like 1

`

Allowing the Taliban to regain a foothold in the political arena/military of Afghanistan is also no solution. There is an entire nation of terrorised people there too - the Taliban are the potential oppressors of a totalitarian regime, we've already seen what their Afghanistan looks like. We can hardly desert these people after getting half the job done.

Anyway, the tide has shifted and we have, in part, a brave young girl to thank for that - if this is the first concrete step in Afghani's and Pakistani's taking a stand in unequivocally criminalising the Taliban agenda - moving out may be the best thing we can do for the first time in the last 10 years. It is looking like they are getting serious about cleaning their own backyards, I pray the impetus to do so remains strong.

I agree that a return to the status quo ante is a horrible outcome for those who have tasted freedom. But no one group of people can sacrifice for another group's freedom indefinitely. The motivation has to be from within to achieve such a treasure. I pray for them that the start they've been given can be sustained by them.

Malala is coming to the UK for treatment and under the circumstances it's probably best that she stays here.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-035444752.html

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - The Pakistani schoolgirl shot by Taliban gunmen for pushing for girls to be educated has been sent to the United Kingdom for medical treatment, a military spokesman said on Monday.

The barbarians responsible for the shooting are an affront to modern civilization.... <_<

The shooting of Yousufzai was the culmination of years of campaigning that had pitted the young girl against one of Pakistan's most ruthless Taliban commanders, Maulana Fazlullah.

Fazlullah and his faction of the Pakistani Taliban took over Yusufzai's native Swat Valley in 2009 after reaching an agreement with the government which gave them de facto control of the former tourist spot.

Fazlullah imposed the Taliban's austere version of Islam there, blowing up girls' schools and publicly executing those deemed immoral. The army later launched a major offensive in Swat, forcing many Taliban fighters to flee.

• Like 1

Malala is coming to the UK for treatment and under the circumstances it's probably best that she stays here.

http://uk.news.yahoo...-035444752.html

The barbarians responsible for the shooting are an affront to modern civilization.... <_<

Beating up on little girls...they can be so proud of themselves....
  • Like 1

They can freely shut down schools for weeks at a time but can't find enough time to make sure they kill a girl?

Tell me people don't believe this.

They can freely shut down schools for weeks at a time but can't find enough time to make sure they kill a girl?

Tell me people don't believe this.

I don't understand (not uncommon) but are you saying the Taliban didn't try to kill her? They proudly admitted it... so what are you saying? Conspiracy?

I don't understand (not uncommon) but are you saying the Taliban didn't try to kill her? They proudly admitted it... so what are you saying? Conspiracy?

They also admit to crimes that the Army continually denies was their doing when it serves for their benefit.

Just stating that there is much more to this story than presented here.

They also admit to crimes that the Army continually denies was their doing when it serves for their benefit.

How do you know, you keeping contact with the Taliban?

I don't pay much mind to mainstream media.

Sorry, buddy but the things you are saying just don't make sense. Are you saying this girl was NOT shot by the Taliban?

Ok Pockets you say you know the truth, then links in English. I don't read or speak Arabic and never will. Otherwise you're just another troll and not worth anybodies time. <_<

Like...?