Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Democracy in Egypt under Military Rule

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,222 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 08 July 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

yes .. and i will never " run away " from my country
is that a problem to you ? and why bring it up ?

Because you said no military shoud rule a country and syria is ruled via the military.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#17    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Postdanielost, on 09 July 2013 - 08:37 PM, said:

Because you said no military shoud rule a country and syria is ruled via the military.
syria is occupied my friend not ruled

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#18    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 30,222 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Occupied by its own military.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

and people are fighting against it

Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots

#20    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,355 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Currently it isn't a Democracy.  There was a coup d'etat and the military intervened to stop a religious party and its followers from changing the Constitution for their own benefit and force the country into another dictatorship.  Military interventions are dangerous, but a negative can turn into a positive if the military now step out of it and allow the people to decide the future of the country.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#21    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,849 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 09 July 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

and people are fighting against it
I'm under sound advice from many people in my own country that what's happening in your country every day doesn't happen anymore.  ;)

How can you possibly fight against the bombers and tanks and weapons of mass destruction of the government forces?   :whistle:

"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#22    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostYamato, on 10 July 2013 - 10:05 AM, said:

I'm under sound advice from many people in my own country that what's happening in your country every day doesn't happen anymore.  ;)

How can you possibly fight against the bombers and tanks and weapons of mass destruction of the government forces?   :whistle:
what you mean it doesn't happen anymore ? it's happening worst than ever never stopped :D
and they fight tanks and bombers by shouting allahu akabar on them .. sometimes they blow up other times they don't
regardless of how much heavy and big weapons they got .. they're not doing well to be honest

#23    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostBlack Red Devil, on 10 July 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Currently it isn't a Democracy.  There was a coup d'etat and the military intervened to stop a religious party and its followers from changing the Constitution for their own benefit and force the country into another dictatorship.  Military interventions are dangerous, but a negative can turn into a positive if the military now step out of it and allow the people to decide the future of the country.

But both in Egypt and in Turkey, the armee is the force that gives (some) protection to secularism. Without the bulwark of the armee, the islamists will take over and create their theocratic dictatorship. (Mind you, in their mind, they are doing God´s work.)

You really can not compare this with Western democracies, where we have the luxury of having armees under democratic control. And Western politicians are making a horribly naive mistake by doing that.

Edited by Zaphod222, 10 July 2013 - 11:49 AM.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#24    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 10 July 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

But both in Egypt and in Turkey, the armee is the force that gives (some) protection to secularism. Without the bulwark of the armee, the islamists will take over and create their theocratic dictatorship. (Mind you, in their mind, they are doing God´s work.)

You really can not compare this with Western democracies, where we have the luxury of having armees under democratic control. And Western politicians are making a horribly naive mistake by doing that.
turkey is ruled by islamic party
and in turkey all periods of times it did not know peace or prosperty like it does now " under islamic party rule "
how do you explain that ? sherelock ?

you remember turkey right ? military pushing any one who doesn't fit their agenda
an unstable country .. full of conflicts and now look at it

Edited by Knight Of Shadows, 10 July 2013 - 02:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users