Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial

• Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#571    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:40 AM

View PostYamato, on 26 March 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I think the lesson for the psychology books is clear:

Guys, don't be a wannabe-child-rapist insensitive disrespectful douche-bag to your girlfriend or she might just kill you and then get away with it.

If it's any comfort, Yamoto, I really don't see Arias "getting away with it".  I can't believe the jury will buy the so-called "self-defense" argument. I don't believe they will buy the whole battered woman thing, or that she felt coerced into kinky sex with the victim. The only real question I see is the penalty phase. Will the jury see this crime as one worthy of execution? That I can't predict. I don't want to see that because I'm opposed to the death penalty in all cases for personal reasons. But I think it's definitely possible the jury will feel different. I would like to see her do a nice long time behind bars, if not life.

#572    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" H.S. Thompson
    Avatar: The Comet Kid by Bob Sacha

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 27 March 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

...  I really don't see Arias "getting away with it".  ... The only real question I see is the penalty phase. ...  worthy of execution? That I can't predict. I don't want to see that because I'm opposed to the death penalty in all cases for personal reasons. ...  definitely possible the jury will feel different. I would like to see her do a nice long time behind bars, if not life.

word for word, my thoughts exactly. thx!

#573    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:25 AM

Leftcoastgal, that is cool! GMTA ;-)

So no trial today, huh? Anyone have theories about why Not that it matters...I'm just curious. Will Alyce LaViolette take the stand again when the trial resumes?

#574    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,637 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

If the jury does fall for Jodi`s account, she could just get the manslaughter charge and with time served she could go free.

#575    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,637 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostAaronsmom, on 28 March 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Leftcoastgal, that is cool! GMTA ;-)

So no trial today, huh? Anyone have theories about why Not that it matters...I'm just curious. Will Alyce LaViolette take the stand again when the trial resumes?

Jodi had a migraine headache and is complaining they are not feeding her right.

#576    boos2u

boos2u

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 28 March 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

Jodi had a migraine headache and is complaining they are not feeding her right.

Hey, because she will try any excuse to get her way, right? I think she forgets sometimes that she is not manipulating men to do her bidding, but I guess she goes with what worked for her in the past. I wonder how many times she will try this type of excuse before the judge has her counsel advise her to reconsider. Of course, counsel may be advising her to do this. Not feeding her right? Whats she want, a top choice dinner from an expensive restaurant? I have had migraines most of my life and when I have one, eating was one of the last things I want to do.

#577    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Maybe someone is trying to poison her?

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#578    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I remember reading somewhere that her brother is selling her drawings on Ebay or something to buy her expensive organic foods. I'll go look for that link.. aha! here we are http://www.huffingto..._n_2505997.html

Edited by thewild, 28 March 2013 - 10:24 PM.

Posted Image

#579    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

ok, it doesn't say that she is getting expensive organic foods, but she is californian and that's generally a given

Posted Image

#580    markprice

markprice

Government Agent

• 3,654 posts

• To deny meaning is an act of ignorance.

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:26 PM

View Postthewild, on 28 March 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

I remember reading somewhere that her brother is selling her drawings on Ebay or something to buy her expensive organic foods. I'll go look for that link..

Too bad she might not die organically. Perhaps her last meal will be a gallon of ice cream or cheetos.

"How can someone prove that a rainbow exists to a blind man?"

#581    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

The current testimony, if nothing else, could easily take the death penalty off the table. That said, I'm guessing the prosecutor is going to be really rough on this witness.  She's used alot of TA's emails and voice mails to demonstrate her commentary and what she has presented thus far as an evaluation of their relationship.  I've felt all along these two were abusive with each other.  And no, before I get slammed for saying it, in no context whatsoever does this warrant what happened to the poor man and is not at all what I want to convey here. Just sayin'.

#582    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

I have had many migraines myself and you are right boos: the last thing I would think of is food, or wanting to eat anything. Just thinking of eating when I had a migraine made me want to barf.

#583    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:22 AM

I'm not sure what the facts are...  what I did hear on tv was that a family member had complained about her diet and that they are getting her up at 1am to prepare for travel to courthouse everyday.  That  sounds like a stretch of the facts to me. More realistically, 3-4am...?  They wrangle all the inmates going to court that day and have them ready to go, paperwork to account for, it's serious business moving prisoners.

But if she's getting up at 1am it's likely she chooses to be up earlier to prepare by way of primping & preening some.  If she's willing to stand on her head to get her cheeks flushed for her booking photo, yea, getting up early to get ready is right up her alley.  She's shown her vanity in some of the tapes. ..

"I'm ready for my close up, Mr.DeMille"  Marlene Deitrich, Sunset Boulevard - another babe who lost her mind and not her vanity,

#584    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 29 March 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

"I'm ready for my close up, Mr.DeMille"  Marlene Deitrich, Sunset Boulevard - another babe who lost her mind and not her vanity,

Marlene Deitrich? Wasn't it Gloria Swanson in "Sunset Boulevard"?

#585    Leftcoastgal

Leftcoastgal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 29 March 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

Marlene Deitrich? Wasn't it Gloria Swanson in "Sunset Boulevard"?

whoops.. you're right.  I get those two mixed up. Except for a couple of movies, literally two, I don't remember the actresses well  Lifeboat is the other one.  
  thanks Aaronsmom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users