Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this Epathy

Confused2

I hope I 'm posting in the right forum

Is this Epathy: when I try to point out that there is more to Waving a Flag and putting a bumper sticker saying We support Our Troups on our cars on a forum, I get attacked ,even by somebody that fought in Iraq, and it's the only time they get all Patroitic.

This is happening all over the United States, troops come home wounded, they get a Flag waving, after this the Flage waving stops, these same people hear about these troops being denied Benifits, put on waiting list for Medical treatment, Etc. My question to them is where are you now with Your Flags and bumper stickers????????

One incident I think of, happened in our home town, a solider came back from Iraq, started having flash backs, took a Rifle Killed a Man and Woman and filled a house full of bullet holes and not one of these Patroitic folks showed up at the County Jail saying they understood why He did something like this showing support for him.

I think I will post this on the website I talked about and see how many of them I can get to go and Wave their Flag in suppot for Him, all I will do is start a war, but this is what I think I'm here for is to remind them there is two side to every story, and one of them is the one they don't want to look at because it to depressing for them.

Thanks for listening

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Confused2

• John from Lowell

• Amberlight

• WARRIOR FOR THE LIGHT

The cost of war is greater than we think.

At the core of every human is the desire to get along with one another. Once the logical mind is convinced it must avenge a wrong, that core understanding is compromised.

It is good to appreciate that we are all spiritual/energy beings have a physical experience.

John

EMPATHY I need to do a preview before posting Don't I :o Edited by Confused2

Is this Epathy: when I try to point out that there is more to Waving a Flag and putting a bumper sticker saying We support Our Troups on our cars on a forum, I get attacked ,even by somebody that fought in Iraq, and it's the only time they get all Patroitic.

This is happening all over the United States, troops come home wounded, they get a Flag waving, after this the Flage waving stops, these same people hear about these troops being denied Benifits, put on waiting list for Medical treatment, Etc. My question to them is where are you now with Your Flags and bumper stickers????????

One incident I think of, happened in our home town, a solider came back from Iraq, started having flash backs, took a Rifle Killed a Man and Woman and filled a house full of bullet holes and not one of these Patroitic folks showed up at the County Jail saying they understood why He did something like this showing support for him.

I think I will post this on the website I talked about and see how many of them I can get to go and Wave their Flag in suppot for Him, all I will do is start a war, but this is what I think I'm here for is to remind them there is two side to every story, and one of them is the one they don't want to look at because it to depressing for them.

Thanks for listening

No honey- This is Sympathy....

Empathy is when you pick up and FEEL others emotions as if living and feeling them them yourself..........

Blessings

And there attacking you is called apathy. The lack of desire to think about or care for the feelings of another human being.

Edited by Amberlight

Thanks for listening

Yes. It is. Just shield them

EMPATHY I need to do a preview before posting Don't I :o

I didn't know wether or not you meant empathy or apathy :P

That said, I'd suggest that everyone who have been "fighting overseas" has the same rights as anyone else. No more, no less.

If a war vet. kills his family he's just as guilty as someone else who does it, and he deserves just as little praise for doing so.

People who praise your "heroes" praise them for what they do in war, not for what they do at home to their families.

geeesh no wonder i was so confused !! haha you made me read your story like 3 times to try and get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Humans can be very cruel sometimes, a solider I knew was in Greece when the Trade Centers collapsed. When he was at Greece when this happened he said they were cheering that the towers feel down, appaulding and everything. Even though I heard this it wasn't going to make me hate them or pity, it gave me an understanding what 'false' pride can do to people.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter if you speak that language, have this flag, or at war with another country...it doesn't make you better. Sometimes wars must go on in order for peace, but just because their is a war doesn't mean one can't still not hate that same country. But then again I know that sometimes we all think we are doing the right things, sometimes the big picture is divided into eachothers souls and can only be seen when one is truely content and aware.

Edited by puridalan