Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

British soldiers having hand guns off duty

british soldier handgun

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16    Shayde

Shayde

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostHilander, on 23 May 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

A British citizen with a gun could of stopped them killing him.

And possibly also have accidently shot some of the other people in the street.  Please remember that a bullet doesn't always - unless designed to - get stopped by a body, but can pass through.

Problem with arming the military full time is another one of those things the general population wouldn't like. Sounds mad, aye, but knowing just how some squaddies behave out of barracks, I would be very worried that we'd get some numpty who'd be stupid enough to let off a round or two and not consider just where the bullet would end up. Like in a ceiling, wall, passing civvie...  In this regard, more armed police would be the better solution.  But that takes us back to when the deployment of such officers goes wrong, it goes badly wrong.  We are damned if we do, and basically screwed if we don't.

Edited by Shayde, 23 May 2013 - 06:43 PM.

#17    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'm afraid people will be killed no matter what you do.  It's life I guess.  The thing is people need to be held accountable for their actions even if they are cops.

Also tagged with british, soldier, handgun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users