Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Chemical weapons attack reported in Syria

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,177 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

http://worldnews.nbc...d-in-syria?lite=

#2    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Amazingly all those that came into contact with the victims appear not to be suffering ill effects.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#3    Knight Of Shadows

Knight Of Shadows

Shadow Dancer

• 5,251 posts

• Rest In Peace A.B

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

it's true .. not first time too

by the name of Allah the Gracious the Merciful
Say, "I seek refuge in the Lord of daybreak From the evil of that which He created
And from the evil of darkness when it settles And from the evil of the blowers in knots
And from the evil of an envier when he envies"
truthful was Allah The Most High And Great

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,245 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

View PostKnight Of Shadows, on 19 March 2013 - 09:59 PM, said:

it's true .. not first time too
I wonder if the west will really intervene this time....  I doubt it.  But it's only a matter of time, IF Assad's people are using these things then they will eventually strike in a way that they cannot cover so easily.  I hope you and your's can stay safe, KoS.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

I read the article. No one can confirm who fired the chemical weapons, but the general feeling is it was the government.

Just as a side note, does anyone get an uneasy feeling whenever dead rebel soldiers are referred to as martyrs? The term usually refers to someone who died because of their religious beliefs. Does this mean that if and when the rebels win they will continue with the overly religious dogma that has scarred so much of the middle east?

Another side note, KOS, i remember when the conflict started you were opposed to western soldiers on the ground, even in adviser roles such as in Lybia. I think your words were something like "this will be a victory for the people of syria, the west should not be involved". Do you still think the same, or would you welcome US and coalition soldiers?

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,228 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

If the west does try to help will they be demonized for it if everything doesn't go just perfect.  Its a given innocent people will get killed, don't know how it could be avoided.  Just wondering not trying to start a fight.

Do wish you well KOS and anyone having to live with it.

#7    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,809 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

Unfortunately, considering how many times the FSA has cried wolf regarding chemical weapons attacks by Assad, I will continue to doubt these types of reports until the casualty count is what I expect it to be and the weapons are infact confirmed to be chemical.

It just doesn't make sense right now. Would Assad really risk foreign intervention by using chemical weapons that kill 25 people? Chemical weapons are supposed to be a bit more destructive than that I had thought...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#8    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 15,606 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

I recall there being rumours that some of Saddam's chemical weapons had been sent to Syria?

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#9    ciriuslea

ciriuslea

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

• CHAMP20NS

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

When I read about the conflict in Syria, I fall back on the fact from day one Assad claimed the rebels were terrorist, but the west claimed it was a civil uprising, then once the CIA had armed the rebels, they started to threaten western interests after which the US started labelling them terrorists, exactly what Assad claimed 2 years ago.
I find it hard to believe anything the media spews,

http://www.telegraph...ons-attack.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users