Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best Rock CD of 2000 - 2004

JackBauer

What Rock CD is the best of the 21st Century.. sorry if your choice isnt on here  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What Rock CD is the best of the 21st Century.. sorry if your choice isnt on here

• Slipknot - Subliminal Verses
    • Pantera - Reinventing The Steel
    • System Of A Down - Toxicity
    • Velvet Revolver - Contraband
    • Damageplan - New Found Power
    • Korn - Take A Look In The Mirror
    • Jet - Get Born
    • Drowning Pool - Sinner
    • Slipknot - Iowa
    • Audioslave - Audioslave

this is a poll for the best rock cd of the 21st Century... so any CD from 2000 - 2004.... I had a very limited choice for the poll selections, because there were so many great CDs in these four years... So, I just thought of the best ones that came to my head first and put them down.. VOTE

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JackBauer

• Janiel

• Subtemperate

• OneEye

I voted for SOAD, because I think they had the most unique sound of the year.... and they had a great CD... cant wait for their next two CDS next year!

There idealy should be an "other" choice as I would have said "Round Room" by Phish! tongue.gif But, I voted anyway. yes.gif

Well, in four years, there have been hundreds and hundreds of albums to be released, and I havent heard of all of them... but Phish is really good... If theywouldve let me add more then 10, I wouldve

pfft, you've missed a few great CD's...

"Faceless"-Godsmack

"The Other Side"-Godsmack

"Fallen"-Evanesence

"By The Way"-Red Hot Chili Peppers

There's my votes tongue.gif

Well, in four years, there have been hundreds and hundreds of albums to be released, and I havent heard of all of them... but Phish is really good... If theywouldve let me add more then 10, I wouldve

407388[/snapback]

Not a problem... grin2.gif

I almost added Faceless, and then put something else... this is one of those polls where I'm going to have to do more then one poll

Well, I mostly made my choices based on my friend's recommendations and my own favorites, as well as anything my brother wanted.. So, there was some repetition in bands

I'm not really one for buying music CD's, I've bought 3 in like the last 3 or 4 years and they were all released this year. I'm also not into Korn or Slipknot and haven't heard anything by bands like Pantera or Jet or whatever so I can't vote for any of those options. Where is the 'other' option. There should always be an 'other' option otherwise its just like a poll of your fave CD's (I'm assuming they are your choices for best album not based on sales or fan reviews/base) rather than a poll of CD's that might actually be considered 'best'...

Anyway I am gonna go with the albums I bought this year...

Best:

- The Rasmus - Dead Letters

Runner Ups:

- Keane - Hopes and Fears

- Muse - Absolution

Edited by TheCrow

Ok, would it make everyone feel better if I made another poll?? lol... I based my choices only on my personal choices, which was only the Pantera CD, and the rest were my brother's and my friend's suggestions... Ill ask someone else about their opinions and Ill look at how popular they are overall and make a new poll

Out of those choices I would have to say Jet because I'm listening to them right now and I absolutely love their CD, but SOAD and Slipknot (Iowa) came in a very close second.

All those CDs suck.

Best CD should be: Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf.

411915[/snapback]

Come on Disinterested, not even System? Lol

Songs for the Deaf is a good CD, I think it's actually my second...

Oh well, everyone has their own opinion.

Fallen by Evanescence

All That You Can't Leave Behind by U2

I'm going to making a second poll because numerous people have been telling me that there are other better CD's

Im going to look at album sales for the rock and roll albums between 2000 - 2004 and make a fair poll that has a wide variety

For that range, I'd say Meteora by Linkin Park. :|

Come on Disinterested, not even System? Lol

413006[/snapback]

Toxicity is TERRIBLE. The music and the lyrics all started to go downhill in that album. It's nothing but a half-'assed' effort. "I cry when angels deserve to die". What the hell is that?!

Their first album is when I really started to like SOAD, but then they released the crap that you all call Toxicity and I couldn't stand them anymore.

BAH!

[Edit]

I'd also like to add: Sum 41 - Does This Look Infected?

(Yeah yeah I hear the groans tongue.gif )

But seriously, if you know anything about music you'll know it's an incredible album. I didn't like Sum41 before this one, I thought that they were pretty talentless (minus the lead guitarist, he's always been amazing). But in this album, the whole band has matured, and you can tell in both their lyrics and in the music. Definitely an A+ album. thumbsup.gif

I'm sure that their latest album is just as good, but I've yet to hear it.

Edited by Guest

I'm going to making a second poll because numerous people have been telling me that there are other better CD's

Im going to look at album sales for the rock and roll albums between 2000 - 2004 and make a fair poll that has a wide variety

413047[/snapback]

Don't do a poll. It's probably better just to have people post which album they think is best. You could probably take the top 10 from what everyone posted and then make a poll. Might be better.

Toxicity is TERRIBLE. The music and the lyrics all started to go downhill in that album. It's nothing but a half-'assed' effort. "I cry when angels deserve to die". What the hell is that?!

Their first album is when I really started to like SOAD, but then they released the crap that you all call Toxicity and I couldn't stand them anymore.

413710[/snapback]

Yeah, it wasn't their best...although, not terrible tongue.gif

Toxicity was a bit of a dip, but i still love that band tongue.gif

For that range, I'd say Meteora by Linkin Park. :|

Meteora was ok, although i wouldn't call it one of the best CD's of these years....