Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Crop circles of Buddhist symbol

Still Waters

This is the latest intricate crop circle to appear overnight in a British wheat field.

The mysterious pattern resembles the ancient Tibetan Buddhist symbol of an 'endless knot' - a complex loop of lines and circles used to illustrate the eternal flow of time.

The symbol has many meanings but because it has no beginning and no end many people who follow the religion say it represents the wisdom of Buddha.

http://www.dailymail...-landscape.html

Lol @ one of the top rated responses: Conventionally placed festival in the next field obviously had nothing to do with it.

Clearly this crop circle like the many others is the work of humans. You aren't saying it's the work of Buddhist aliens, are you? :lol:

"..bit of a sceptic" Matthew Williams? This wouldn't be the known circle hoaxer Matthew Williams by any chance?

Every crop circle is the work of humans. People who say "they are too big and intricate to be made by humans" obviously doesnt realize all you need to make an intricate crop circle is time, a board, and a firm grasp of basic math.

http://www.circlemakers.org/

(article wouldn't open for me,, so i can't see the crop pattern..but i'm guessing there are curves in it.)

Wouldn't you also need a length of rope to attempt to create a pattern with curves.. like this one?

Or a levitating giant with a really big drafting compass?

*... i can't figure out how a person would mark out these curves, even with a piece of rope.

Where would you secure the end of the rope for each of these curves ? ? ¿ ?

post-86645-0-88694400-1344902513_thumb.j

Edited by lightly

(article wouldn't open for me,, so i can't see the crop pattern..but i'm guessing there are curves in it.)

Wouldn't you also need a length of rope to attempt to create a pattern with curves.. like this one?

Or a levitating giant with a really big drafting compass?

post-86645-0-88694400-1344902513_thumb.j

It was just a link to a site whose members are "professional" crop circle makers. They have made some really intricate designs. And yes, I forgot to mention, a length of rope is pretty much always used.

It was just a link to a site whose members are "professional" crop circle makers. They have made some really intricate designs. And yes, I forgot to mention, a length of rope is pretty much always used.

thanks Area, i mean i couldn't view the OP article. I have been to circle makers site. .. vague.

Honestly, they need to charge all those "professional circle hoaxers" for the wilful destruction of property - that's someone's livlihood they're playing silly buggers with!

• Like 1

It's beautiful.... I'd be upset too, though, if it were my field. Regardless of whether it was humans or aliens.

"..bit of a sceptic" Matthew Williams? This wouldn't be the known circle hoaxer Matthew Williams by any chance?

I'm sure that's nothing more than a coincidence! ;)

It's become a form of "graffiti", a new artistic fad, these folk know their actions will bring attention and that's all they want.

Also, just like many graffiti artists, I think these kind are putting some serious talent to waste, they can't exactly leave a sig.

Incarcerate them and give them a paint brush.

I agree with Hats, this food taken out of the mouth of that farmers family. I guess growing up in a farming community gives me a different perspective on this. I remember my brother and some friends accidentally setting a farmer's corn field on fire (smoking). He ran to the farmers house and told him his field was on fire and helped him put it out. When my Dad told him it was my brother's fault the guy was just grateful my brother had taken responsibility for what happen and help save his crop he wasn't angry. Farming is iffy in the best of times, you don't need somebody destroying your crop for fun.

crop circles are indeed destruction of property, but i think those professional ones i linked up there do it as a paid gig, and they dont break any laws. either way, crop circles are silly and the fad should go away. I dont really understand why its lasted this long.

crop circles are indeed destruction of property, but i think those professional ones i linked up there do it as a paid gig, and they dont break any laws. either way, crop circles are silly and the fad should go away. I don't really understand why its lasted this long.

It's more fun to believe they are the result of aliens than the boring result of human pranksters. If someone wants to believe in something enough, they will.

wow whoever made that has some real talent. I mean nm I meant whatever group of people made that-kudos to them!!! nice art work!!!

If you don't want your crops messed up, place some security cameras around the field. Chances are even fake cameras would keep circle makers away.

It would probably keep the aliens away as well, since it would break their number one rule to never leave clear evidence.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...