Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien upgrades/developments/advances

Since804

Do u think that alien technology has advanced over time similarly to how we continuously develop our aircraft and automobiles?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stixxman

• Guardsman Bass

• hyperactive

• Since804

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That would make sense now wouldn't it.

parallels in development are possible but that makes a great deal of assumptions about other these other species and their environments.

I don't think thats quite what their talking about though, since is talking about the way technology jumps forward once it reaches a sort of critical mass. Is this true with all sentient beings, this leaping forward routine or are we special?

yes, but how we see things is completely driven by our own history. Our technologies advance in a same manner that we advance (since they are an offshoot of us). If the beings "advancement" is different, then so will be how their technology advances. (potentially)

I seeeeee ph34r.gif

Interesting question. At first it seems rather obvious that it must, but then one has to ask: "why must they advance their society parallel to us?". Different species, different mindstes, different cultures and economics. Our technology advances according to the needs of our world, our own mindset of ruling everything that surrounds us, and our needs come wartime. With different ways of thinking I doubt their technology advances at the same pace.

I was thinking the same thing but at the same time i figure that if an alien race is really exploring the known/unknown universe, at some point it is probable that they encounter something new that they feel can benefit them in some way and put that found "thing" to use. New forms of fuel, construction material....anything

Edited by Since804

yes.gif One would have to be a fool not to think that our creators, and other civilizations throughout the vast number of galaxies do not advance both their tecnology and their constant intelligence of the awareness of the infinite.

One day, we too, will re link with and share these intelligences, but not until we our selves become peaceful. It seems that we are a long way from that ideal at this stage of our slow development. What we must all realize is that we are all linked in time and space, and it affects every thing in this link. From the infinitely large, to the infinitely small. That is the reason that what we do in this World which we call ours affects each and every living thing around us and also the things we can not physically see... w00t.gif

post-23397-1126402783_thumb.jpg

Wouldn't the answer depend on what type of alien we are talking about?

Even different countries on our planet evolve at different rates - take Japan and Africa for example. It would make sense that if an alien is visiting us then the question would be answered with a yes their technology does develop. And if the alien was still a primitive on a different planet, then the answer could be no, they are not developing new technolgies.

I think that you are probably talking about aliens that people on our planet have witnessed and that possibly have crashed their own craft at Roswell which we collected and reverse-engineered.

How is this for a thought: What if their technological advances were at a stand-still, so they purposefully crashed their craft for us to use, therefore beginning the technological leap once again with a new planet???

Interesting, its a question of motivation what drives humans doesn't neccessarily drive every sentient race, technology will develope along the lines of what most motivates a race.

Do u think that alien technology has advanced over time similarly to how we continuously develop our aircraft and automobiles?

835618[/snapback]

Well, seeing how Hitler's scientists created flying saucers, it may be relevant. Although the discs they created only hovered 100 feet off the ground. Your guess is as good as mine... thumbsup.gif

If they have any form of civilization, then they probably have or had some form of technological advancement to that state, from the original condition in which they evolved (unless they are some kind of hive mind that naturally creates 'cities').

That said, I doubt that an alien civilization would advance along our lines of technology, or even advance in technology consistently. Why? Because all of the above have been conditions observed in the history of Earth. In fact, if human history is any guide, technological development for an alien civilization would probably be mostly stagnant, especially if they are a socially static society, in which things that cause major societal change (such as the introduction of new ideas and technology) are discouraged.

so that is kinda like ours then isn't it?

so that is kinda like ours then isn't it?

840010[/snapback]

I suppose my view is kind of humanocentric. It is conceivable that an alien society could somehow have rapid technological advancement with societal stability, instead of sacrificing some societal stability for rapid technological advancement, as modern America has done. I just have no idea how they would do it, although we can speculate.

The thing to remember is that, in our own world, it wasn't until within about the past 200 years that technological advancement started to quickly accelerate. That's not to say that technology was stagnant. It certainly wasn't; the introduction of guns in European warfare is an indication of that. But we also had Napoleon's army, which moved supplies by sail-driven ship and horse-and-cart - just like Roman armies did, preceding them 2,000 years ago.

I would suggest that the social stability that you talked about could exist on an alien planet. I am sure that a reason that it doesn't exist on earth is because we expect other people to govern and lead us. Putting people in power who have world domination above our own best interests ie peace and love, automatically guarantees war, greed and famine in poorer countries. I would think that those planets who have learned self-government and self-morals would survive the critical-mass technological leap we are currently experiencing. If we don't destroy ourselves with our own destructive technology then possibly we could also visit other planets peacefully, as is evident that other civilisations are doing to us.

My theory is that the technology of aliens are constant, but maintained at an advance level. The reason why their technology seemed to be advanced over the years is because man's teachnology was'nt advance in the past and this cause lack of understanding of the ability of alien's technology.

Another reason is that if alien technology can be improved, this means they can ascend to higher dimension, or godhood. Yes, they can upgrade, but they can only reach a certain peak and are unable to continue to progress.

If they developed at all it would be from order, not chaos. Some sort of system would have to be in place or nobody would work together at all, thats why governments are successful. The developement in my opinion would if not mirror then closely resemble what has happened here. Would we be where we are if the whole world was under the fuedal system? No, we have refined our system of beuracracy, we have changed from the old fuedal system int a new form of it, a hybrid. No race of beings could venture into space without this type of setup.

If we are talking about truly advanced alien civilizations, then their technology may actually be stagnant, having advanced to their society's social and moral limits. Those limits could be at just about any technological level; the Chinese Imperial government, for example, rejected much of the new technology invented over the last 1000 years of its reign, and concealed some of it (such as astronomy).

Edited by Guardsman Bass

I think humans are closing the gap on their technology ('they' could be hundreds of civilizations, but just aliens in general for now), but we're still eons behind. 'Invisible' aircraft is just on the horizon, along with the ability to cloak with a sort of suit.. albeit, the aliens can do this without anything, ours is just trickery more than anything (video cameras picking up the scenery behind the object, and then displaying that in front of the object for an invisibility effect)

user posted image

Apparently the guy who made that invisibility cloak is working on something even more cool:

The inventor of an "invisibility" cloak has said that his next project will be to develop the technology to allow people to see through walls.

I've gotta see this...

Invisibility cloak? Are you sure?

Dumbest thing Iv ever heard.

And on a street corner. laugh.gif

Imagine what this would do to the world of secrets,this guy would be dead and anyone that knew him....Invisibility cloak,YEA RIGHT!

Reminds me of when I was a kid and a friend of mine ordered X-ray glasses from a magazine.... no.gif

835618[/snapback]

I would say, most definitely....... alien.gif