Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tories to consider leaving on Human Rights

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

The Conservatives would consider leaving the European Convention on Human Rights if they won the 2015 election, the home secretary has said.

Theresa May told an event organised by the ConservativeHome site the party would also scrap the Human Rights Act.

Read More

Posted Image

#2    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,645 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

What possible reason could they want to scrap the human rights act - unless they wanted to abuse someones human rights ?

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#3    cultanorak

cultanorak

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

• I imagine you have orders to destroy me?

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Doesn't surprise me those overprivileged upper class toffs want to abolish human rights if they have their way it'll be back to Victorian values.

#4    smurf0852

smurf0852

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:31 AM

i think they hate the right poor people have the right to a family life instead of subservience to a master ,the right to religious freedom because of those damn muslims.the right to a life free from torture because the rich should be able to do what they want as long
as tarquin and charolot are safe .
britain is ****ed until as a nation we get a back bone and stop sucking upper class **** nothing will ever change.

#5    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,065 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:52 AM

how did we manage before the Human Rights act. pre 1998. -

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#6    cultanorak

cultanorak

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

• I imagine you have orders to destroy me?

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 10 March 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

People use to get beat up because their face didn't fit.

#7    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

They promised a referendum on Europe before they were even elected, what a surprise it won't happen unless they get elected again. Very sneaky.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#8    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 10 March 2013 - 11:52 AM, said:

You could always ask these families. Or any number of 'criminals' who were treated the same, back in the day.

I understand that the 'Human Rights Brigade' can be a bit full on and even counter-productive at times, but this is not a valid reason to move backwards as a society. Police abuses are just one of the many vital reasons that human rights laws are a necessity.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 10 March 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#9    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 9,065 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 10 March 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

You could always ask these families. Or any number of 'criminals' who were treated the same, back in the day.

I understand that the 'Human Rights Brigade' can be a bit full on and even counter-productive at times, but this is not a valid reason to move backwards as a society. Police abuses are just one of the many vital reasons that human rights laws are a necessity.

its only a move backwards if you think we actually moved forward in the first place. i dont think we did, and i lived quite happily along with millions of others under common British Law, This EU imposed Human Rights act as done nothing, it hasn't enhanced anything. the case you point out and many others like it we could point to was all covered by British Law. - if the Tories win the next election and we was to hold a referendum to leave the EU. by default the Human Rights act would go as well. are we going to implode as a society. No. i'd rather we went back to pre-1998. - we have a situation today whereby we cannot even deport foreign prisoners. because once they leave jail they claim under the human rights act they have the right to remain. or the right to a family life, or in one case the right to remain because he had a pet cat. its an absurd law. lets just be done with it. lets return to pre-1998 and let the continentals live under such a system.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#10    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,645 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I think the point is Steve that the human rights act removed the discretion to extradite a criminal to a country where they are likely to be tortured or killed. Inconvient I know - but somewhat necessary don't you think ??

This is the main objection levelled by the Tories at the human rights act.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#11    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Just one reason why I despise the Huma rights: Here

Personally I couldn’t care less if the extradition of a criminal meant they are likely to be tortured or killed once returned back to their country. Human Rights is a loophole for rapists, foreign criminals, terrorists, etc.

Posted Image

#12    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,645 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

Here's the relevant bit in that case;

But despite hearing details of St Angeli’s crimes, a judge last week said he couldn’t see ‘any benefit’ in St Angeli remaining on the register.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2NEC4kKz4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

It was the magistrates personal decision under a rule allowing a person to request that they be taken off the register.
It wasn't the Human Rights act at fault - it was the magistrate. I suspect that the majestrate might need a careful looking into before been allowed to take such a court case again.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 11 March 2013 - 11:06 AM.

Robert Anton Wilson

#13    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

Most cases would not get another hearing in a court if it wasn’t for human rights rulings. People get banged up and then use the Human Rights as a another way out. People like Abu Qatada, sitting pretty with his family at the expense of the tax payer.

Posted Image

#14    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

• 6,293 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postyearofthehater, on 10 March 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

People use to get beat up because their face didn't fit.

And that doesnt happen today does it?

Posted Image

#15    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 11,645 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

View Postxsas, on 11 March 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Most cases would not get another hearing in a court if it wasn’t for human rights rulings. People get banged up and then use the Human Rights as a another way out. People like Abu Qatada, sitting pretty with his family at the expense of the tax payer.
It all depends on the evidence. If the crime is proven by evidence then there are no loopholes. In this particular case the Judge bizarrely decided that the convicted paedophile was no longer a threat to anyone despite the evidence which showed he had been a chronic offender. Should we be looking at Judges with sympathies for paedophiles - search their computers, checking their web traffic.
The Law is necessary to protect yours and my rights, but if we give the administration of the law to dodgy judges and have no way of removing them from office, who have we got to blame but ourselves.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users