Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Game of Thrones


  • Please log in to reply
490 replies to this topic

#16    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

    Telekinetic

  • Closed
  • 6,628 posts
  • Joined:23 Jan 2009

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostMerc14, on 22 March 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

LOL.  It's not a real spoiler that will ruin anything for you but I am being careful.   You'd love the books I think and the two are not is anyway mutually exclusive. As an aside,  I bought my Kindle because of these books (they are seriously large) and it was the best buy I ever made.

I listened to all the audiobooks. Amazing.


#17    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

    My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

  • Member
  • 6,293 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostMerc14, on 22 March 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

LOL.  It's not a real spoiler that will ruin anything for you but I am being careful.   You'd love the books I think and the two are not is anyway mutually exclusive. As an aside,  I bought my Kindle because of these books (they are seriously large) and it was the best buy I ever made.

I'm still not touching that spoiler, I have too much to lose.

I made the mistake of visting IMDB while watching the first 5 episodes.. I only wanted to see who some of the actors were, I recognised them and needed to see what I had seen them in before.

Then I saw a couple of the actors were only in 8 episodes and 10 episodes, so now I know there going to die..

Posted Image

#18    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,137 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

View Postxsas, on 22 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I'm still not touching that spoiler, I have too much to lose.

I made the mistake of visting IMDB while watching the first 5 episodes.. I only wanted to see who some of the actors were, I recognised them and needed to see what I had seen them in before.

Then I saw a couple of the actors were only in 8 episodes and 10 episodes, so now I know there going to die..

Winter is coming.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#19    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

    Telekinetic

  • Closed
  • 6,628 posts
  • Joined:23 Jan 2009

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

View Postxsas, on 22 March 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I'm still not touching that spoiler, I have too much to lose.

I made the mistake of visting IMDB while watching the first 5 episodes.. I only wanted to see who some of the actors were, I recognised them and needed to see what I had seen them in before.

Then I saw a couple of the actors were only in 8 episodes and 10 episodes, so now I know there going to die..

Lol. Nah you should be fine. A lot of characters aren't in every single episode. There are just too many characters for that.


#20    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,238 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Also theres loads more in the books. Stuff you will not see in the Seasons lol.


#21    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rockford, Illinois

  • When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

What an Easter! Spend the day with the family and a nice dinner, then its the season finale of The Walking Dead, followed by the seaon premiere of Game of Thrones! Can't wait!!!! :clap:

Edited by ChewiesArmy, 22 March 2013 - 08:48 PM.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#22    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yet here is a conundrum for people like me who also read the books. HBO has said that they know the general plot lines all the way to the last book, still some years away of course. But HBO say that they think they cannot maintain the series for another ten years, and will probably bring it all to an end at conclusion of season eight, or earlier if ratings drop. Clearly there are differences between the books and the TV, but will HBO have a radically different ending for the TV version? or will it be the ending that Martin has already told them? TV series will end before the final book. Will it be humanly possible to avoid the TV series when it begins to overtake the books? What a terrible decision we may have to make, and how could we avoid spoilers for several years.......


#23    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,509 posts
  • Joined:04 May 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

View PostAtentutankh-pasheri, on 26 March 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Yet here is a conundrum for people like me who also read the books. HBO has said that they know the general plot lines all the way to the last book, still some years away of course. But HBO say that they think they cannot maintain the series for another ten years, and will probably bring it all to an end at conclusion of season eight, or earlier if ratings drop. Clearly there are differences between the books and the TV, but will HBO have a radically different ending for the TV version? or will it be the ending that Martin has already told them? TV series will end before the final book. Will it be humanly possible to avoid the TV series when it begins to overtake the books? What a terrible decision we may have to make, and how could we avoid spoilers for several years.......
I think there's growing concern that the books will never be finished. GRRM has constantly pushed back publication dates for his books, many people can't see the story being resolved in just 2 more books, saying it's spiralled out of control, that means another 3, it takes him about ~4 years to write a book, and he's no spring chicken and not exactly a health freak...

So if the books go unfinished, the TV series may be the only closure we ever get, or we may never know the intended ending of the saga.

Posted Image

#24    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

    Buratinologist

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts
  • Joined:22 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:страна дураков

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

View PostQueen in the North, on 26 March 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

I think there's growing concern that the books will never be finished. GRRM has constantly pushed back publication dates for his books, many people can't see the story being resolved in just 2 more books, saying it's spiralled out of control, that means another 3, it takes him about ~4 years to write a book, and he's no spring chicken and not exactly a health freak...

So if the books go unfinished, the TV series may be the only closure we ever get, or we may never know the intended ending of the saga.
Likely a true assesment, but let us all hope it is wrong and that the gods preserve Martin until he has finished......


#25    ChewiesArmy

ChewiesArmy

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Joined:31 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rockford, Illinois

  • When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. - Cherokee

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

Well, this book is actually 2 seasons..and I heard the book after will be 2 seasons too, and, he said the series will be seven books, which is just three more.

"And how do you know God doesn't swear? Especially taking a good look at the human race, it must be a part of his daily ritual" -Lewis Black

#26    Merc14

Merc14

    anti-woo magician

  • Member
  • 5,137 posts
  • Joined:03 Mar 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia, USA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:44 AM

There is no way they can stick to the books and keep an audience.  GRRM has split books into two and he has that right but HBO needs to keep the series moving so I hope they get a great screenwriter and make us ALL happy as best they can.  The acting is jaw dropping good, the scenery and costumes are award winning and the scenery is surreal and I love my Sunday nights with TGOT.

GRRM will not finish the series, as Queen in the North said, but if he wasn't bizarre we would never have Song of ice and fire so I'll take what I can get and mourn the loss.

You asked for Obamamerica, now you are going to get it.  Stand by for suck or as Pelosi says, "Embrace the suck".

#27    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,266 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

The only characters that matter .....are Tyrion ,and THE DRAGONS :D

Miss me?

#28    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

    My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

  • Member
  • 6,293 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

So far I am up to episode 5 S2. The twists and turns in the story lines are brilliant.. I actually liked  Khal Drogo and loving the introduction of the dragons, can’t wait for them to start kicking some serious backsides.

Tyrion is a great character in fact there are too many to list.. I absolutely hate King Joffrey and his mum Cercei… I find her really hot.

I have had a day or two off from watching them but should be able to catch a few more tonight after my daughters parents evening, (damn those teachers for interfering with my viewing pleasure).

One thing for sure I should be up to speed for Season 3 on Sunday?

Posted Image

#29    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

    ????????

  • 25,777 posts
  • Joined:17 Apr 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

It's funny, earlier today I logged on to UM and I just thought to myself now that the weekend was over, I wonder how xsas is going with GoT :P  Things are going to get really interesting from now on :yes:

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#30    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

    My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

  • Member
  • 6,293 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Im loving it mate. :yes:

I have actually had to watch a few episodes over again, because I felt I had missed a few things with overdosing on them each night!!

Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users