Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ahmedinejad did not say

ExpandMyMind

http://ahmedismailibrahim.wordpress.com/20...-mistranslated/

what he said: “Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.”

actual translation: “The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time”.

this 'quote' was actually a re-quote from Ayatollah Khomeini, the father of the Islamic Revolution. it doesnt mention israel, it says 'regime occupying jerusalem' and says nothing about wiping anyone from a map. if this info is wrong then i would like to know.

this quote has been the main reason that people have given when arguing that iran shouldnt have nuclear technology.

it should be pointed out that the article does go on to mention that it wasnt western media who changed the quote though..

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Black Red Devil

• danielost

• AzTide

• MasterPo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what he meant when he said "Israel will be destroyed in one storm"

I wonder what he meant when he said "Israel will be destroyed in one storm"

I hate Israel and all its... Jewiness???

"regime must vanish from the page of time"

"regime must be wiped from the map"

Tomatoe - tomahtoe.

I doubt there is anyone out there that only thinks Iran's government is unstable, dangerous and full of religious freaks based on which translation they heard.

Edited by Repoman

Who cares if its a misquote or what have ya, we'll never find out anyway. the West and or Israel wont be waiting around to find out.

Iran is always shouting death to Israel and the US. Even if you dismiss the wipe Israel off the map there will be hundreds more calling for their destruction.

Like i've said before there is unfinished Business with Iran. When you have Iranian diplomats holding secret meetings with our ministers at London hotels. trying to strike a deal. were by they propose: we'll stop killing your forces in Iraq if you lets us continue our Nuclear program. nah Pay backs a b****.

Iran was Okay when they were providing intel on Saddam's WMD. on the lead upto war and also providing intel for Afghanistan. in aid of helping Iran's partners the Northern Alliance who over threw Iran's arch nemesis the Taliban in Kabul.

So in short we help Iran by removing Saddam and the Taliban and once the deed is done they turn on us in a proxy war. The quicker Iran pays for this behaviour the better.

Edited by stevewinn

Funny posts... gee what has Iran done to anybody here in Canada for me to feel threatened by them?

--Nothing.

Funny posts... gee what has Iran done to anybody here in Canada for me to feel threatened by them?

--Nothing.

True. they might have done nothing to you. But when you sit and eat at the big table you just cant sit back you have to spread your influence and put down countries who are running a mock. Iran is taking the p*** with their actions of late, over stepping the mark on many occasions. we need to keep the status quo when it comes to World Order. It's nothing new, Its been going on since the dawn of time, its like a never ending game of chess.

who cares really what iran think, i dont understand why the rest of the world needs to get involved with iran and isreal let them deal with it themselves who cares if either is destroyed.

Edited by AKUMA166

--Nothing.

They did kill that journalist and then covered it up

who cares really what iran think, i dont understand why the rest of the world needs to get involved with iran and isreal let them deal with it themselves who cares if either is destroyed.

I do.

If Iran is destoryed it will leave a vaccum in the area that will be a no-mans land for decades. Just waring factions, now with modern weapons, maybe even nukes.

If Israel is destroyed it will be after a nuclear war in the area because the Israelies aren't going down without a fight.

Either way the rest of the world looses big time!

If Iran is destoryed it will leave a vaccum in the area that will be a no-mans land for decades. Just waring factions, now with modern weapons, maybe even nukes.

If Israel is destroyed it will be after a nuclear war in the area because the Israelies aren't going down without a fight.

Either way the rest of the world looses big time!

That pretty much sums it up....

"regime must vanish from the page of time"

"regime must be wiped from the map"

Tomatoe - tomahtoe.

I doubt there is anyone out there that only thinks Iran's government is unstable, dangerous and full of religious freaks based on which translation they heard.

Huge difference if your the person saying it.

It's funny. People hate when that is done to them but it is okay else where isn't it.

Who cares if its a misquote or what have ya, we'll never find out anyway. the West and or Israel wont be waiting around to find out.

Iran is always shouting death to Israel and the US. Even if you dismiss the wipe Israel off the map there will be hundreds more calling for their destruction.

Like i've said before there is unfinished Business with Iran. When you have Iranian diplomats holding secret meetings with our ministers at London hotels. trying to strike a deal. were by they propose: we'll stop killing your forces in Iraq if you lets us continue our Nuclear program. nah Pay backs a b****.

Iran was Okay when they were providing intel on Saddam's WMD. on the lead upto war and also providing intel for Afghanistan. in aid of helping Iran's partners the Northern Alliance who over threw Iran's arch nemesis the Taliban in Kabul.

So in short we help Iran by removing Saddam and the Taliban and once the deed is done they turn on us in a proxy war. The quicker Iran pays for this behaviour the better.

You are correct. Israel is a monster. White phospherous in civilian areas. Attacking one of our ships (Long time ago accidently my rear. They knew and should have been attacked back then. That was an attack of agression against the USA). WHile everyone is sooo concerned about what IRAN might DO, you all seem to be forgetting what ISRAEL has done. THe people they have hurt. Then we all justify it, but hey it is okay who were they who died. Nobodies right. Who cares that parents have to weap for their children. That mommy won't be coming home to tuck the children in. They are nobodies right??? What do they matter??? Think about that. Iran isn't innocent but nether is Israel. Though the funny thing is we all hate Iran even though Israel is just as bad if not worst. How do you justify such logic?

Edited by Kevin7557

What an emotional, childish argument. You need to look at the bigger picture here. You can't think like an individual when it comes to conflicts as big and complicated as the Arab-Israeli conflict.

Have you been watching the news at all? Civilian deaths and pointing out that Israel is the most evil country in the world is the only thing anyone cares about.

Besides Iran actively funds terrorists and doesn't have the most stable leaders. These are not the kind of folk you want having nukes.

Kev regardless of Israel, the actions of Iran can not and will not go unpunished. You cannot have a country fighting you in proxy wars and trying to spread its own influence in the region/world by acquiring nuclear weapons. Iran has been pushing its luck, luck which has run out.

Israel for the west is like a besieged outpost on the frontier. keeping a lid on things. keeping the natives in check

Edited by stevewinn

If the OP had looked through one of the thousand threads we have had on this subject already he would have discovered that the original 'mis-translation' came from the iranian governments own english news agency.

Edited by Moon Monkey

Huge difference if your the person saying it.

It's funny. People hate when that is done to them but it is okay else where isn't it.

You are correct. Israel is a monster. White phospherous in civilian areas. Attacking one of our ships (Long time ago accidently my rear. They knew and should have been attacked back then. That was an attack of agression against the USA). WHile everyone is sooo concerned about what IRAN might DO, you all seem to be forgetting what ISRAEL has done. THe people they have hurt. Then we all justify it, but hey it is okay who were they who died. Nobodies right. Who cares that parents have to weap for their children. That mommy won't be coming home to tuck the children in. They are nobodies right??? What do they matter??? Think about that. Iran isn't innocent but nether is Israel. Though the funny thing is we all hate Iran even though Israel is just as bad if not worst. How do you justify such logic?

A well reasoned post Kevin7557.... but not many people are listening. Israel is indeed ruled by religious fanatics just like Iran, but for some reason nobody sees it..... curious

Kev regardless of Israel, the actions of Iran can not and will not go unpunished. You cannot have a country fighting you in proxy wars and trying to spread its own influence in the region/world by acquiring nuclear weapons. Iran has been pushing its luck, luck which has run out.

I think this might be a further example of what Kev was talking about. The practice of fighting proxy wars is pretty common place with the US and Britain both being major proxy-war players. However, when Iran does it, it seems to become a condemnable action.

Israel for the west is like a besieged outpost on the frontier. keeping a lid on things. keeping the natives in check

Keeping the natives in check? A besieged outpost on the frontier? Oh man, you are so British :lol: .

Sorry, your comment just struck me as having the echos of colonailism to it.

You guys are so ignorant, you sit there thinking Isreal has done nothing to deserve the hatred towards them, Isreal are just as bad as hamas, both of them claim to target each others regimes yet they both so blatantly target one anothers civilian population only differance is one is backed by a superpower and the other is used as a puppet by other nations.

People like Ahmedinejad arnt Born maniacs they are affected by events around them that cuase them to make their decisions, western media will not show you what happens in Gaza both to the isreali and palistinian people,

the media in places like iran gives a much more clear view of what takes place in palistine and certainly Ahmedinejad has experianced events that have formed his twisted ideologies.

as for hamas, something created hamas they wernt just born out of the blue and thought they would bomb and kill isreali's

they hatred towards the palistinian people created Hamas. Isreal Created Hamas.

A well reasoned post Kevin7557.... but not many people are listening. Israel is indeed ruled by religious fanatics just like Iran, but for some reason nobody sees it..... curious

Take some Israelis and some Iranians, or any arabs for that matter. Line them up against the wall in nothin' but their skivies. What's the difference? None. It's in there heads. These cats slaughter each othe based upon the greatest what if in the history of man kind. Religion is no reason to fight, much less kill anybody. The difference for our government is that Israel is a political ally. Maybe one day Iran will be as well, but not this generation. Not with the ayatollas and Ahmanutjob in charge.

Edited by Dr. Peter Venkman

The practice of fighting proxy wars is pretty common place with the US and Britain both being major proxy-war players. However, when Iran does it, it seems to become a condemnable action.
If you can't a pick a side then you have no intestinal fortitude whatsoever. Finding an irrelevant similarity and then using that to suggest moral equivalency between the UK and the religious freak nut-job terrorist supporters in Iran is a cop-out so pathetic as to be laughable. I know it isn't "cool" to suggest that the world would be better if there were no medieval throwback societies like in Iran but it is still true.

If you can't pick a side and have the balls to say it out loud then you have no right to complain if your wife or children ever get beheaded by islamic freak terrorists.