Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese premier defends 1989 crackdown

DC09

AP) - China's premier on Sunday defended the government's deadly 1989 crackdown on pro-democracy protesters in Tiananmen Square, calling the student-led demonstrations a "very serious political disturbance" that had to be put down. In a rare, nationally televised news conference, Wen Jiabao cited China's economic advances since then as evidence the government made the right choice.

Full Article

Yeah right! disgust.gif

That was a massacre and nothing more! mad.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wunarmdscissor

• Talon

• strichar

• stillcrazy

Yeah right! 

That was a massacre and nothing more! 

Yeah, I don't think anyone disagrees, but as long as their a one party state I doubt their ever going to admit otherwise. We shouldn't be that surprised.

Hmm, I think it is time that the people of the world take control of it from the gov's. This kind of thing must stop.

Yeah they are a disgrace,

Hmm, I think it is time that the people of the world take control of it from the gov's. This kind of thing must stop.

I think tianammen square proved how hard it is when the other side have tanks an you have a book , such a shame.

Yeah, as wunarmdscissor points out what do you think these people were trying to do when they got slaughtered? huh.gif

Yeah, as wunarmdscissor points out what do you think these people were trying to do when they got slaughtered?

I know what you mean. What I mean is that all the citizens of humanity should hellp in such an act.

ahh.. but it aint as simple as that when another country is as powerful as you is it?

There are two simple reason why we dont do an "Iraq" all over the place.

One the other counrty has no use for us IE has nothing we're interested in or is far away from us IE. Zimbabwe and up until they devleoped a nuke North Korea .

Two the other country could put up a fight IE china, russia.

These may sicken us but thats just the way it is.

Until we all learn to live together in peace and learn to spread humanity around the planet its always gonna be the same and people like the thousands killed in tiannamen square will have to keep strugglin.

Just how many people were killed in Tiannenam Square? I think thousands is about exaggerated....

Then again, I heard somewhere that one of the top Communist Chinese honchos bragged that since China has more than a billion people, a million lives is expendable if it means to preserve the current government.

thousands is not exaggerated,

Apart from the hundreds of student killed in the square the chinese government killed the families , friends and anyone connected to the students protest. There are literally thousands still marked only as missing and i think we all know their fate.

so NO thousands is not an exaggeration

Thousands is probably an understatement.

Communist Chinese

Also can we not call them Communist, call them State-fascist as thats what their policies are. Just because someone labels themselves something doesn't make it true, for example Hitler called himself the saviour of civilisation as he whiled out millions of 'undesirabes'.