Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Strange weather system in the Gulf of Mexico

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,400 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Similar to this abnomality  on a radar sceen that did`nt move and killed a bunch of birds

#17    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,400 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:52 PM

Here` another abnomality on a radar screen that can`nt be explained.

http://www.news.com....i-1225848774377

Some think those fools at the Hadron Collidar are creating small black holes.

http://www.cnn.com/v...ticle-found.cnn

Edited by docyabut2, 18 January 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#18    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,400 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Strange these radar abonomalities are not explained ;)

#19    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,400 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

What does any one think they are?

#20    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,294 posts

• ראה

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

There have been at least three of these curious features, seemingly stuck for awhile in the Gulf this winter. I've been casually watching them.

I think they're supercell thunderstoms, feeding off the warm, humid water.

Why they stay fixed for so long is a mystery, but I've got a note into some experts. We'll see what they come up with.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#21    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,400 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 19 January 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

There have been at least three of these curious features, seemingly stuck for awhile in the Gulf this winter. I've been casually watching them.

I think they're supercell thunderstoms, feeding off the warm, humid water.

Why they stay fixed for so long is a mystery, but I've got a note into some experts. We'll see what they come up with.

Atmospheric river seems plausible, but like this one it moves like a river, not stands still or flows out of one origin.

http://www.nbclosang...-112228904.html

#22    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,108 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostHasina, on 18 January 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Wikipedia: An atmospheric river is a narrow corridor or filament of concentrated moisture in the atmosphere.

Source: http://en.wikipedia....mospheric_river

But that doesn't explain that stationary point in the Caribbean the guy keeps talking about. From the start of the video it looked like an erupting (submarine?) volcano to me.

#23    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Not exactly sure what to make of it,though hasina maybe right.Im from the gulf region many strange anomalies have been happening the past few years,just my opinion i think we are closing in on the changing of an earth age.I do not believe the whole haarp or man made global warming theories.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#24    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Dang I wish I would have known about this sooner. This system that is being mentioned had me rained out for the past 2 weeks at work so i've been keeping an eye on the radar. The NWS Shreveport Doppler Radar, as well as the southern plains radar has had a lot of anomalies as of lately. One anomaly that my wife found looked like 5 or 6 comets streaking across the US. We were looking at TX when we found the "comets". I figured it was a radar glitch, so we zoomed out and started checking radars from different zones in the US. What we found was that the streaks were on radars from east to west going across the US. What was cool was that the time lapse  radar in motion was giving them different times streaking across the US.

Also, we have been seeing small fronts come through that are in no relation to anything else going on the map. We will have a storm front moving from the SW to NE, and then in the middle of the front, you will see a line of very light "Storms" maybe a county wide, moving through the storm system in a direct southern direction right towards where this system mentioned was coming from. I'll start recording these anomalies. They seem to happen all of the time now in East Tx.

Edited by Ugly1, 19 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#25    Astral Hillbilly

Astral Hillbilly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 158 posts

• Pain is inevitable....Suffering is optional !

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

This is getting stranger by the minute ! Great topic.

#26    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 18 January 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

What I am curious about, if this turns out to be authentic, is how such a prominent system has failed to rate prominence or mention on your local weather reports.  Two days of this should have been the big story wouldn't you think?

I don't know enough about your corner of the world to say anymore, any locals hear about this from their weather forecasters?

I´m with you on this one Libstack. Whenever ALL major media ignore a fairly interesting story (in this case a weather anomily) it not only makes me curious but also a little suspicious. Atmospheric River is plausible but this doesn´t seem to fit the normal pattern at least in my understanding.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#27    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,294 posts

• ראה

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Granted, they are amateur experts, but most do know what they're talking about, or they get called out by others who are, pretty fast.

Quoting 155. Skyepony 6:53 AM GMT on January 19, 2013:
Oracle~ There was a surface high that sat unmoved to the East of FL. That's wispy upper clouds you see move eastward, while the surface was stuck. It was a low on the end of the front & adjoining huge low to the north. I remember checking the sheer & thinking if that wasn't 60kt we'd have a storm. High completely block FL from it. Was a really warm one. I'm sure that helped feed it.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 19 January 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#28    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Texas needs some rain! :w00t:

#29    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,294 posts

• ראה

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 19 January 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Texas needs some rain! :w00t:
Texas used to be a desert, I believe. Geographically, I'm surprised that it's not one now. If not for El Nino, I expect it would be again.

#30    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 18 January 2013 - 11:52 PM, said:

Here` another abnomality on a radar screen that can`nt be explained.

http://www.news.com....i-1225848774377

What do you mean by "can't be explained?". It just was, interference. Have you ever seen interference in RF or optical systems?

Some think those fools at the Hadron Collidar are creating small black holes.

http://www.cnn.com/v...ticle-found.cnn

Eh, what would be the connection? Even if small, black holes are created, so what? Do you understand the physics behind those small, black holes and why they have no impact on anything?

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users