Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Speed violinist voted fastest human on earth

Still Waters

Violinist Ben Lee, who can play Flight of the Bumblebee at an average of 15 notes per second, is declared the quickest human on the planet.

Judges and scientists working on the Discovery Channel show Superhuman Showdown unanimously voted the 32-year-old musician the fastest superhuman on earth, after he beat off stiff competition from a speed shooter and a base jumper.

http://www.telegraph...st-Ben-Lee.html

• Like 1

If I was him I'd demand to be known as a Fast Fingered Fiddler rather than a 'speed violinist'. (only saying)

• Like 3

Judges and scientists working on the Quest channel's show, Superhuman Showdown, unanimously voted the 32-year-old musician the fastest superhuman on earth, after he beat off stiff competition from a speed shooter and a base jumper.

Very scientific way of determining the fastest human, voting for it...

edit: still impressive though, all of them.

Edited by squidboy
  • Like 2

I CAN GET ANYBODY ONE OF THOSE VERY EXPENSIVE STRAIVARYASS VIOLINS [THROUGH THE BACK DOOR ] FOR 25 DOLLARS ... "NO STRINGS ATTACHED" , JUST SAYING.

• Like 3

After watching this, my hubby had a very non-postable comment about this guys fingers and his ability with women.

• Like 1

This video, at the 6:00 mark. You can tell it isn't sped up by the activity going on out the window. This musician also favors Flight of the Bumblebee. Must just be easy to play fast.

• Like 1

This video, at the 6:00 mark. You can tell it isn't sped up by the activity going on out the window. This musician also favors Flight of the Bumblebee. Must just be easy to play fast.

He was pretty fast, but he missed out, or left out, loads of notes.

Anyway, I used to like fast guitarist back in the day and Tony MacAlpine was one of them.

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

I heard it on CBC's 'Sound of the Day'. 56 seconds flat and note perfect apparently.

It sounded like I had a swarm of bees inside my head for a minute. :)

• Like 1

I beg to differ, there is one violinist that is deemed the fastest fingered, Niccoló Paganini whom was accused of possessing the devil. But he had something called "hyperfingers"

Casanova had those fingers too, or so I've heard.

• Like 1

It's not that it's easy, testosterone makes male musicians try to intimidate other musicians by playing tough musical pieces. Flight of the bumblebee is tough.

I CAN GET ANYBODY ONE OF THOSE VERY EXPENSIVE STRAIVARYASS VIOLINS [THROUGH THE BACK DOOR ] FOR 25 DOLLARS ... "NO STRINGS ATTACHED" , JUST SAYING.

Since you can't spell the poor name properly and you feel the need to type in attention-grabbing all caps, I doubt your claim.

• 2 weeks later...

he plays it at about 15 notes per second... very fast, but there are quite a few well known shredders who play at 16 ish and probably a few unknowns who play even faster.

as for the guitarist dude playing flight of the bumblebee ... that record is whack lol. the problem is that for the guinness committee to judge, the recording needs to be slowed down. but with that much overdrive i very much doubt anything can be made out, it's just a mess. which is probably why they've suspended the record holding while they look into how it's judged.

but whatevs. the violinist has glitter in his hair.

• Like 1