Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vampirism

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#196    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,208 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:29 PM

View Post0011235813, on 07 March 2011 - 09:28 PM, said:

Okay Mr. know's it all. Since we are all so ignorant, why don't you enlighten us with your proof that
show's vampire's do not exist, if you can't, then I think I will remain a tiny bit skeptical of
your statement's.
If you make a statement then prove it, You cannot prove this statement, It is your opinion, not fact, so unless you come up with some proof,
then maybe you should think before you write.

I showed how the standard idea of a vampire cannot exist.  I explained how it flies in the face of biology.

Please give us the definition or description of what you are talking about.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#197    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,268 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:33 PM

View Post0011235813, on 07 March 2011 - 09:28 PM, said:

Okay Mr. know's it all. Since we are all so ignorant, why don't you enlighten us with your proof that
show's vampire's do not exist, if you can't, then I think I will remain a tiny bit skeptical of
your statement's.
If you make a statement then prove it, You cannot prove this statement, It is your opinion, not fact, so unless you come up with some proof,
then maybe you should think before you write.
Have there been any vampire sightings where there IS a vampire? NO
Any news reports? NO

The facr that you have not provided concrete eviidence of these sightings make them not real.
I want you to prove me wrong by.]
Showing witness statements
Pictures
Drawings
Newspaper Clippings
Photos
Video tapes
Actual bite marks

This is I want YOU to find. So no stuff from fake vampire websites.

#198    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

View Post0011235813, on 07 March 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

So do vampires in the sense we know exist? or could there be something slightly different going on?

Well, that depends on how you mean "slightly" different, doesn't it? If it's not dead, but drinks blood (and only blood, not some person who eats normal food and may choose to drink blood, but a creature that can only survive on blood) to survive, then I suppose we may have a case for some type of living vampire. But again, straying too far from the Dead/Came back/drinks blood defintion of vampire, then we are just talking about some other "thing", not a vampire. So when you say slightly different, what do you mean?

The other issue is that people have been telling tales of vampires, as so many proponents like to point out, for centuries, why is there not 1 single specimen that can be studied? Not one creature whose physiology can be looked at that we can study and determine how they survive only on blood? Centuries of stories, but not one single body. How is that?

Edited by Paul Disaster, 07 March 2011 - 09:51 PM.

#199    0011235813

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Location:Manchester, England,Earth, the milky way,the multiverse.

• "I am neither skeptic nor believer"-0011235813

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

View PostErix, on 07 March 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Any news reports? NO

The facr that you have not provided concrete eviidence of these sightings make them not real.
Pictures
Drawings
Newspaper Clippings
Photos
Video tapes
Actual bite marks

If (hypothetically speaking) vampire's do exist, I'm sure they would not want us to find out about them, so they are careful.
And you have NO evidence to support your claim either. Anyway, It seems unlikely that so many stories over so many year's could
come from something that does not exist.

If I am posting here..... You do not troll!
0011235813... the troll slayer.

#200    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,208 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

View Post0011235813, on 07 March 2011 - 09:41 PM, said:

If (hypothetically speaking) vampire's do exist, I'm sure they would not want us to find out about them, so they are careful.
And you have NO evidence to support your claim either. Anyway, It seems unlikely that so many stories over so many year's could
come from something that does not exist.

PLEASE explain to us what you mean by vampire.  Otherwise we are just providing logic and evidence for something you are NOT talking about.

No, again, stories are NOT evidence.  Please, link to any stories that CANNOT be explained by either ignorance or mistaken conclusion.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#201    0011235813

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 07 March 2011 - 09:42 PM, said:

PLEASE explain to us what you mean by vampire.  Otherwise we are just providing logic and evidence for something you are NOT talking about.

No, again, stories are NOT evidence.  Please, link to any stories that CANNOT be explained by either ignorance or mistaken conclusion.

Nibs
Vampire= creature that need's some type of blood to stay alive.
And the internet is so full of false stories that the only way I could talk about sighting's is through interviewing witnesses.
Something that I am currently not able to do.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
if you do know any vampire stories which you believe are true, then please post them...

#202    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,208 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

View Post0011235813, on 07 March 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

And the internet is so full of false stories that the only way I could talk about sighting's is through interviewing witnesses.

Most living creatures need blood to stay alive.  Do you mean a human that MUST consume blood to stay alive?

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
if you do know any vampire stories which you believe are true, then please post them...

You can find stories that people believe all over the place.  It still isn't evidence of their existence.

Nibs

#203    Setton

Setton

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

View PostErix, on 07 March 2011 - 09:33 PM, said:

Any news reports? NO

Pictures
Drawings
Newspaper Clippings
Photos
Video tapes
Actual bite marks

Kind of confused as to why you included drawings. I could sketch a three headed pixie riding a chocolate motorbike while playing the trombone. Would that do as proof that they exist?
(Ok I probably couldn't since I can't draw but you get the idea :P)

'Good' is not the same as 'nice'.
'No, murder is running your broadsword through someone because he worships a different God to you... Or is that evangelism? I get confused.'
When they discover the centre of the universe, a lot of people are going to be disappointed - They are not it.
I don't object to the concept of a deity but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

#204    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,208 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

View Post0011235813, on 07 March 2011 - 09:48 PM, said:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Can you provide a few more details on what you mean by vampire?

Nibs

#205    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

There are stories of the world being on the back of a turtle. There's stories of animals talking. There's stories of witches stealing men's...members...without them noticing. Doesn't make any of these claims true. Stories are far more likely to be just that. Stories that have been pasted down through the years and across cultures.

As for proving a negative as others have mentioned that's not how it works. So I could claim there are no young, beautiful redheads who are interested in geeky stuff and think the perfect man must work as a system admin in the Canadian federal government four blocks from the Hill. Now prove me wrong! I demand proof...and phone numbers. :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#206    Tom B

Tom B

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

View PostCorp, on 08 March 2011 - 05:13 PM, said:

There are stories of the world being on the back of a turtle. There's stories of animals talking. There's stories of witches stealing men's...members...without them noticing. Doesn't make any of these claims true. Stories are far more likely to be just that. Stories that have been pasted down through the years and across cultures.

As for proving a negative as others have mentioned that's not how it works. So I could claim there are no young, beautiful redheads who are interested in geeky stuff and think the perfect man must work as a system admin in the Canadian federal government four blocks from the Hill. Now prove me wrong! I demand proof...and phone numbers. :P

and pics pls

:P

#207    0011235813

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

View PostTom B, on 08 March 2011 - 06:06 PM, said:

and pics pls

:P
is this thread dead?
Side Note:
spreek je Nederlands?

#208    RDaniels

RDaniels

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Like i posted on a different thread, the actual drinking of blood is impossible as blood contains way too much iron therefore he would die.
If he wants some solid proof that he is an actual vampire he should be researched and his metabolism should be compared with that of a bat

#209    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

The first blood transfusion recorded was in 1492, given to Pope Innocentius VIII. The donors were 3 shepherd boys, who all died, probably because of excessive bloodloss. It is not sure of the blood was administered into the veins of if the pope drank it.

#210    NavyDoc

NavyDoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:54 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 07 March 2011 - 09:29 PM, said:

I showed how the standard idea of a vampire cannot exist.  I explained how it flies in the face of biology.

Please give us the definition or description of what you are talking about.

Nibs

True. In addition, it is a logical fallicy to think one can prove a negative.  If someone asserts that something exists the burden for proof is on them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users