Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 8 votes

The slenderman myth

myth

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#16    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 10 November 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

come on ive seen him 13 times since 2009 beliveing is not seeing i didnt know about him back then and i still saw him its not my imagination and no one in my used the internet so i prove all of you wrong dont just knock off stories of people who actually might need help like me. my story is real.

You have seen Slenderman 13 times?  Is there any way that you can substantiate the sightings?  After all, this is the internet - anybody can say anything, making everything ANYONE says suspect.  

You can say its not imagination - however until you can back it up with some sort of proof - your words are just words.  I mean no offense in saying that.  You have got to realize that saying you saw a thing proves absolutely nothing.  

If what you are seeing is causing you distress and making you feel as though you need help, I'm quite sorry to hear that.  I'm sure that it seems very real to you.  

So if I may inquire - before you had your 13 encounters with this Slenderman character - you had never read about, heard about, or seen anything at all related to the paranormal that would have shaped some sort of belief in your mind?  You didn't believe in spirits, ghosts, demons, monsters, ghouls, djinns....etc?

#17    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,898 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:28 AM

come on ive seen him 13 times since 2009 beliveing is not seeing i didnt know about him back then and i still saw him its not my imagination and no one in my used the internet so i prove all of you wrong dont just knock off stories of people who actually might need help like me. my story is real.
Then how is it you.... are still alive. Slenderman does not leave people that see it alive.... for long...

Slenderman is made up. Just as I can make up, "The Nose-Whistling Slasher", or "The Three Eyed Man of Ash Street".

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#18    Darkdemigod0

Darkdemigod0

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 10 November 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

I hope you're joking.

I really do.

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 10 November 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

How exactly does he appear to you, are you scared of him or intrigued? What were the circumstances in which you saw him?

View PostFLOMBIE, on 10 November 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Next time, please take a picture. Or even better, a video.

View Postorangepeaceful79, on 10 November 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

You have seen Slenderman 13 times?  Is there any way that you can substantiate the sightings?  After all, this is the internet - anybody can say anything, making everything ANYONE says suspect.  

You can say its not imagination - however until you can back it up with some sort of proof - your words are just words.  I mean no offense in saying that.  You have got to realize that saying you saw a thing proves absolutely nothing.  

If what you are seeing is causing you distress and making you feel as though you need help, I'm quite sorry to hear that.  I'm sure that it seems very real to you.  

So if I may inquire - before you had your 13 encounters with this Slenderman character - you had never read about, heard about, or seen anything at all related to the paranormal that would have shaped some sort of belief in your mind?  You didn't believe in spirits, ghosts, demons, monsters, ghouls, djinns....etc?

View PostDieChecker, on 11 November 2012 - 05:28 AM, said:

Then how is it you.... are still alive. Slenderman does not leave people that see it alive.... for long...

Slenderman is made up. Just as I can make up, "The Nose-Whistling Slasher", or "The Three Eyed Man of Ash Street".
ok i cant take a picture because he messes up my technology i took a pic of him but he fried the sd card and i took a pic with a film camera but it didnt come out right so i cant post evidence. im not trolling or makeing this up and as for diechecker i've been avoiding him trying anything get rid of him but i cant and to add to it im getting sick like i have cough,fautige,dizzyness,memory lossand i start bleeding randomly. The house bless might be holding him off  but maybe not for long. I'm in stress but only for school reasonsso it cant be that remeber beliveing is not seeing and seeing is not always beliveing.

#19    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 11 November 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

ok i cant take a picture because he messes up my technology i took a pic of him but he fried the sd card and i took a pic with a film camera but it didnt come out right so i cant post evidence. im not trolling or makeing this up and as for diechecker i've been avoiding him trying anything get rid of him but i cant and to add to it im getting sick like i have cough,fautige,dizzyness,memory lossand i start bleeding randomly. The house bless might be holding him off  but maybe not for long. I'm in stress but only for school reasonsso it cant be that remeber beliveing is not seeing and seeing is not always beliveing.

Attached File  30022215.jpeg   131.08K   12 downloads

#20    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,898 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

It's only a matter of time then. The walls of your house can't stop him. Public places won't stop him. He's going to flay your skin and wear it to bed at night to keep him warm.

Quite possibly you'll never get to 10 posts here....

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#21    Podo

Podo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 225 posts

• A cynic is not merely one who reads bitter lessons from the past, he is one who is prematurely disappointed in the future.

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Slenderman is an interesting story. Unfortunately, if you were telling the truth you'd be dead. Very, very dead.

Send me hyren bringing rain, cleansing wounds and easing pain. But if with lightning storms they play, keep them very far away.

#22    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

Slender Man was once my favourite mythical being.

Now though, the vast majority of the internet have butchered it and it's become a laugh.

#23    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I have to read up on him again

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#24    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,898 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:33 AM

Several of the Slenderman videos that I've seen are super creepy though!!

#25    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

I'm not sure exactly what he is. But he could just be another boogey man story.
Like the Wailer ghost etc. I guess the only way to know if any of these ghost stories are true.
Are to go at 3 am to the locations they are said to haunt and see it for yourself.

Slenderman could be a moster or bad spirit..
or maybe people just manifested him with their own minds...

An interesting subject no matter what

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#26    Tarnibritan

Tarnibritan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

• No rest for the wicked

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 08 November 2012 - 10:27 PM, said:

Its a cool myth though :tu:

I think its a cool myth! I just realized theres other posts on UM about it and read them too. Definately a fake then. But still unbelievable how quickly something like that can spread and be so quickly accepted as truth.

#27    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

View PostTarnibritan, on 13 November 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

I think its a cool myth! I just realized theres other posts on UM about it and read them too. Definately a fake then. But still unbelievable how quickly something like that can spread and be so quickly accepted as truth.
Yeah and you can get the word around incredibly fast on the internet.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#28    Quaentum

Quaentum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts

• The number of fringe believers is inversely proportional to what is left to discover in our world.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 10 November 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

to all you who say beliveing is seeing you are wrong ive seen him since 2009 and i didnt even know about back then so yeah that prove you wrong and back then no one in my family used the internet so ive seen him 13 in total since 2009 so dont discredit each story you hear because mine ie real

You started seeing him in 2009, the same year the fictional account came out.

The "House Bless" would not be effective in your travels to and from home or any other location you might be.

Even if we accept that none of your immediate family used the internet back then in 2009 (3 whole years ago), internet access may have been added to your house in the last 3 years and of course extended family, friends, the school and local libraries most likely had the internet in 2009 or before.

All in all not a very good attempt at trying to make people believe that a fantasy character is real.

AA LOGIC
They didn't use thousands of workers - oops forgot about the work camps
There's no evidence for ramps - You found one?...Bummer
Well we know they didn't use ancient tools to cut and shape the stones - Chisel marks?  Craps
I still say aliens built them!

#29    Darkdemigod0

Darkdemigod0

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:09 AM

View PostQuaentum, on 13 November 2012 - 08:41 PM, said:

You started seeing him in 2009, the same year the fictional account came out.

The "House Bless" would not be effective in your travels to and from home or any other location you might be.

Even if we accept that none of your immediate family used the internet back then in 2009 (3 whole years ago), internet access may have been added to your house in the last 3 years and of course extended family, friends, the school and local libraries most likely had the internet in 2009 or before.

All in all not a very good attempt at trying to make people believe that a fantasy character is real.
you know what im tired of all the skeptics that keep giving me crap i cant explain and then they claim my story is fake. ok listen the fake account thing first of all if you werent so ignorant you could have listened to when i said i did not know about him. i have a theroy that has been proven to me that slenderman stalks one person in eack town i met someone else whos experainceing what i am too so quit denying that its real out of fear. HE'S REAL! also i didnt use a computer alone back then i had to be supervised . please just give me tips to keep fighting him off.

#30    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 16 November 2012 - 12:09 AM, said:

you know what im tired of all the skeptics that keep giving me crap i cant explain and then they claim my story is fake. ok listen the fake account thing first of all if you werent so ignorant you could have listened to when i said i did not know about him. i have a theroy that has been proven to me that slenderman stalks one person in eack town i met someone else whos experainceing what i am too so quit denying that its real out of fear. HE'S REAL! also i didnt use a computer alone back then i had to be supervised . please just give me tips to keep fighting him off.

Okay, I'm just going to play along...

You cannot fight Slendeman off. He is a supernatural force and very powerful. If he wants to kill you, he will kill you. And there is very little you can do about it.

Honestly, if you've seen Slenderman thirteen times, I would think you would be dead. Slenderman does not know compassion or sympathy. He does not care for you or your well-being. He just wants to kill you. Why? None really know but it's all he seems to do.

So my tip to you? Enjoy what little time you have before the great black arms take you away forever.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

Also tagged with myth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users