Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Invisible Dark-Matter Galaxy has Ten Billion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    thefinalfrontier

thefinalfrontier

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,586 posts

• When a chicken hawk is around a wise rooster will not bury its head~ ~ ~ ~ Barney Fife~ ~ ~

Posted 24 December 2009 - 09:32 PM

www.dailygalaxy.com said:

New evidence has been discovered by an international team led by astronomers from the National Science Foundationís Arecibo Observatory and from Cardiff University in the United Kingdom that VIRGOHI 21, a mysterious cloud of hydrogen in the Virgo Cluster 50 million light-years from the Earth, is a Dark Galaxy, emitting no starlight.Their results not only indicate the presence of a dark galaxy but also explain the long-standing mystery of its strangely stretched neighbour. Skeptics of the dark-matter interpretation argue that VIRGOHI21 is simply a tidal tail of the nearby galaxy NGC 4254.

Posted Image Read more...
An invisible dark matter galaxy and ten billion times more massive the sun? Our universe never ceases to amaze me, always something to be discovered out there,

#2    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:54 AM

It's a neat story, thefinalfrontier, but I would reword your last statement:

View Postthefinalfrontier, on 24 December 2009 - 09:32 PM, said:

Our universe never ceases to amaze me, always something to be discovered out there,
Given the story, perhaps something like:
`Our universe never ceases to amaze me, always something to be sensationally interpreted out there.'
Would be more appropriate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users