Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Democratic National Convention

gsr

Are any of the countries outside the US really looking at the DNC with any interest? Who and why do you think so?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• Fluffybunny

• AWARE

• Dancing_Dumplings

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear lord dont even get me started on that thingy! RAWR!!

*lives in boston and is sooooo p***ed*

now i know they are alll scared bout terrorism and stuff....but they took all the trash cans...news paper boxes...and mail boxes off the streets...

ok so maybe thats understandable....but what about this...

they can have a HUGE concert of the Boston Pops on a local college campus complete w/ fireworks for people...but they shut down all the public freakin swimming pools!!! i mean COME ON!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWRR!!!!

*grumbles to go get another blue raspberry slurpee* *grumbles* i need more sugar...... disgust.gif

Edited by Anti_girl17

If you check "Fort boston" and "Free Specch Cages" threads, you'll see i am looking at the situation with deep interest.

I live in the U.S. and I'm watching it right now. Well, I'm watching The O'Reilly Factor, and he's covering it. You sure can learn a lot from it about the candidates and what they actually believe.

I have been following the US election, for the simple reason that the result impacts on the rest of the planet. The office of US president is the most powerful on earth.

As far as the event goes, seeing the Clintons the other day cast the two current rivals in a very poor light.

And right now, with the world appearing, at times, like a powder keg, that's a touch worrying.

lol oh im watchin....just not caring lol tongue.gif

You sure can learn a lot from it about the candidates and what they actually believe.

ya but some people could lie bout what they believe in...the win the election...then end up screwing over the US again....

not sayin that any1s done that lol cuz i really dont know...but its a thought tongue.gif

Whens Kerry's speech?

Yes, I think the world is watching; it's a matter of survival. That is very interesting about the mail and garbage.

It really is a scary world, now.

Edited by Babs

I ain't following along cause why bother. No matter the outcome, nothings going to change in that wacky country.

grin2.gif We think others have wacky countries.

Lets say, that if I use any public media I'm forced to follow what happens around the parties and election in US. It's in tv and newspapers all the time. So, I try to enjoy the show. I guess it's just as good as any american sitcom. tongue.gif

I assure you it's being closely watched in the middle East! The middle eastern TV

networks devoted 4 hours every night to the convention. I'd call that interest!!!

post-63-1091485699.gif

Kerry got no 'bounce' from the convention. Bush is in the lead, coast to coast. original.gif

Kerry got no 'bounce' from the convention. Bush is in the lead, coast to coast. original.gif

Do you get tired of being incorrect? Coast to coast? Maybe in your world, but the rest of us see bush ahead in some, not in others. rolleyes.gif

Great research. thumbsup.gif Next time take the blinders off. You might try looking for the truth of the matter rather than just information that supports your opinion. rolleyes.gif

Polls Mixed on Kerry Post-Convention Gain

1 hour, 36 minutes ago Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By WILL LESTER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The jury is out on whether presidential nominee John Kerry (news - web sites) got a 'bounce' in the polls after the Democratic National Convention. Some surveys suggest he did; in others, he did not.

An ABC-Washington Post poll showed Kerry and running mate John Edwards (news - web sites) slightly ahead among registered voters, with 50 percent to 44 percent for President Bush (news - web sites) and Vice President Dick Cheney (news - web sites). Independent Ralph Nader (news - web sites) and Peter Camejo (news - web sites) were at 2 percent. Among likely voters, they were tied with Bush-Cheney in a three-way matchup.

A Newsweek poll taken Thursday and Friday gave Kerry-Edwards a narrow lead over Bush-Cheney, 49 percent to 42 percent, with 3 percent for Nader-Camejo. Kerry-Edwards and Bush-Cheney were essentially tied in a Newsweek poll in early July — 47 percent for Kerry-Edwards and 44 percent for Bush-Cheney with 3 percent for Nader-Camejo.

Edited by Fluffybunny

Heard some of that. Liberal CNN is the news station I am referring to..they said that Kerry didn't bounce up in the polls after the big convention. I don't know where you live either. rolleyes.gif ...'I' am not incorrect...I am stating what I heard on the news. tongue.gif

'I' am not incorrect...I am stating what I heard on the news. tongue.gif

I searched around and couldn't find any poll that says:

Bush is in the lead, coast to coast

If you are going to make such a statement at least back it up. Otherwise you are incorrect. You've never been a paragon of research but this is a new one, even for you.

Fluffy...CNN. Coast to coast, Bush is in the lead. Wow, I'm not making this up. Perhaps you need a break, Fluffy. wink2.gif

I heard it on the news. What do you want to do...go to court over this? laugh.gif

CNN LinkThis from CNN:

Geez babs, can you point out where it says Bush was ahead coast to coast? blink.gif

(CNN) -- The race between President Bush and Sen. John Kerry is as close as it has ever been, even after the Democratic National Convention last week, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Sunday.

The poll -- conducted Friday and Saturday, after Kerry's acceptance of the Democratic nomination Thursday night -- found the senator from Massachusetts running slightly ahead of Bush among registered voters but slightly behind among likely voters.

In each case, the difference between the two men was less than the margin of error, making the results a statistical tie.

Although the poll brought some good news for Kerry, it suggested that the convention helped mobilize voters on the opposite side as well.

Of the 1,011 adult Americans interviewed, 916 identified themselves as registered voters and 763 said they were likely voters.

The registered voters surveyed favored Kerry over Bush 50-47, a slight change from 49-45 found in a similar poll conducted two weeks ago.

The likely voters polled favored Bush 50-47, whereas two weeks earlier they had favored Kerry 49-47.

The margin of error in each case was plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

Further polls in the coming days will help determine what effect the convention may have had on the race.

The figures from this poll supported Democrats' statements leading up to the convention that Kerry would likely not see a "bounce," the term for a temporary increase in a candidate's support after a significant event. Democrats said the Kerry campaign was already riding a bounce going into the convention.

Kerry's campaign argued that challengers historically run behind incumbents by about 15 points heading into a convention. Instead, Kerry entered the convention already polling neck and neck with Bush.

Also, Kerry chose his running mate, Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina, earlier than any previous presidential hopeful, and received the bounce that usually accompanies that decision well in advance of the convention.

Bush campaign chairman Marc Racicot said the poll was "interesting to note, but it is just a snapshot."

"It's heartening, quite frankly, for this moment," he said on CNN's "Late Edition." "But by tomorrow, of course, we'll realize that anything can change from day to day and that we have to continue to work hard virtually every day."

The poll suggested the convention boosted Kerry's standing on several key measures -- but often not at Bush's expense.

Kerry's favorability rating edged up slightly, to 58 percent among registered voters, with a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points. It was at 56 percent two weeks ago. But Bush's rating rose as well, to 52 percent from 51 percent, with the same margin of error.

Kerry appeared to gain slightly on the question of who is more honest and trustworthy, with 48 percent of all those interviewed choosing Kerry and 43 percent choosing Bush. Two weeks ago, they were tied at 42 percent each.

But 55 percent of all respondents said Bush does not flip-flop on issues, while only 33 percent said Kerry does not. And 51 percent said they consider Bush the stronger and more decisive leader. Only 42 percent said that of Kerry.

Kerry is far out in front of Bush on the question of who would unite the country. Fifty-two percent of all those interviewed said Kerry would, while only 39 percent said Bush would.

Fifty-one percent of all respondents said Kerry has an optimistic vision, while only 40 percent said Bush does. And 53 percent said Kerry cares about people like them, while only 38 percent said that about Bush.

Although some Republicans ridiculed Kerry for focusing so much on his military service during the convention, 42 percent of all respondents said that service makes it more likely they will vote for him. But 41 percent said it made no difference.

A majority of all those interviewed said they believe Kerry would handle the economy better. On that issue they favored Kerry over Bush 54-43.

On the Iraq issue, little significant change was apparent. Kerry edged out Bush on Iraq, 49-47, in the current poll. But two weeks ago Bush was ahead on the Iraq issue 49-44, and the results of both questions fell within the margin of error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Kerry may have gained some ground on terrorism, but Bush remains the front-runner on that issue.

Two weeks ago, poll respondents said they preferred Bush to lead the war against terror 56-38. In the latest poll, they still favored the president 54-42.

The current poll suggested Democrat-leaning voters were more enthusiastic about the race, and therefore more likely to vote.

But enthusiasm among Democrats already was high, and the poll suggested the four-day Democratic convention energized Republicans as well.

Seventy-four percent of Democrats said they were more enthusiastic about voting than usual, up from 68 percent two weeks earlier.

Sixty-one percent of Republicans said they were now enthusiastic about the race, up from 51 percent.

And independent candidate Ralph Nader proves a continuing concern for Kerry.

When Nader was offered as an option, 3 percent of registered voters left Kerry's column to support the consumer advocate -- bringing Kerry down to a tie with Bush, 47-47. Two percent of likely voters chose Nader, increasing Bush's lead over Kerry to 50-46. Those results are all within the margin of error.

When all poll respondents were asked who they think will win the race, the result was a 47-47 tie between Bush and Kerry

Fluffy...CNN. Coast to coast, Bush is in the lead. Wow, I'm not making this up. Perhaps you need a break, Fluffy. wink2.gif

I heard it on the news. What do you want to do...go to court over this? laugh.gif

Perhaps you need to take your Bush Blinders off long enough to see that you posted something that wasn't true no matter how much you wish it to be.

I do need a break, from folks that post personal wishes as some sort of fact.

I heard it on the news. What do you want to do...go to court over this?  laugh.gif

Nope, just show that you are again incorrect.

I heard it again last night on the news. grin2.gif I was going to say, too, that 'you' just read or hear the news you want to hear. Could that be? wink2.gif

CNN/USA/TODAY/GALLUP poll. I don't know Fluffy....are you 'listening' to the news?

I think you are 'more' interested in making me incorrect than you are at getting at the truth. rolleyes.gif

I heard it again last night on the news. grin2.gif I was going to say, too, that 'you' just read or hear the news you want to hear. Could that be? wink2.gif

Link please. You keep saying it, and I have posted two sources that say that you are wrong. I searched for such a poll, and have not seen one.

Perhaps you could post a link to this mystery poll that shows that Bush is ahead from coast to coast, or simply admit that you were wrong and just being overzealous in the matter.

It is pretty simple babs.

Edited by Fluffybunny

laugh.gif You wish!

You wish I was wrong. I am looking now, but don't have all the time in the world. You can rest assured if I find something, I will post it. cool.gif

I think I know what Babs is talking about. Babs: When did you hear this? Last week I saw an article from MSN that said that Bush was leading at 49-45

I dont think it matters though cuz at the same exact time, 1 news agency could have a poll with Bush leading and the other with Kerry leading, cuz its just a few hundred people polled, and they could be different groups of people too.