Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

has any one else seen HP 3?

Barnacle Battlefront

i was really looking forward to seeing Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban (it is my fav book in the HP series). i saw it last weekend and it was one of the worst movies i have seen disgust.gif . they left so many important parts out. next time they should stick with christopher columbus.

don't know what everyone else thinks.....

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nordic_Dragon

• BurnSide

• DC09

• Barnacle Battlefront

That's about 4 threads on harry Potter 3 in the movies section. Try doing a search.

it was also my fave of the books!

ill just simply say this!

'what the hell dids u want from the film'

yes they left out so many good bits and there were bits that i missed, but if u want the whole story READ THE BOOK!

If they had kept everything in it it would have been about 6 hours long and would have been boring, much like i felt lotr was!

it also had a darkness that the other two films did not have so all in all i think it was a good film!

die hard fans will never be happy with the films of their fave books, its just life, so deal with it!

ph34r.gif

next time they should stick with christopher columbus.

thumbsup.gif

yes they left out so many good bits and there were bits that i missed, but if u want the whole story READ THE BOOK!

Yep, no movie will ever be as good as the book.

If they had kept everything in it it would have been about 6 hours long and would have been boring, much like i felt lotr was!

God, I know! I almost fell asleep in the LOTR. laugh.gif I watched Return of the King at home... It was soooo boring so my brother and I just amused ourselves with comentary the whole time. laugh.gif

Read the books, people! READ THE BOOKS! wacko.gif

of course us fans were disappointed (the ones who HAVE READ the books)

but i think we have to come to terms with the fact that it was impossible to fit everything in and in that case, for what it was, it wasnt bad. for example, everyone i know who hasnt read the book says it was INCREDIBLE! AMAZING! SO BRILLIANT! and as kellalor says, no movie will ever be as good as the book but i do agree in the sense that Chris should have done it coz Alfonzo films really different so the atmosphere is veeerrrryy different, bt chris didnt coz he was too exhausted.

but theres one thing i think we all have the right to complain about...what was up with al the changes?? like the location of everything, their dorm, the change in actress's for the fat lady, hagrids cabin, the difference and all with the whomping willow etc, i mean, i can understand if its different to the book BUT in this film its different to the 1st 2 films!!! you cant change things from movie to movie just as you wish can you?

blink.gif

These places are just, changed!? That's really stupid.

Wow, that's incredibly stupid.

Gosh, i was still looking forward to seeing this besides people negative opinions, but knowing that the beloved locations used in TWO previous movies have been changed for no apparent reason at all, now that upsets me.

Wow, that's incredibly stupid.

Gosh, i was still looking forward to seeing this besides people negative opinions, but knowing that the beloved locations used in TWO previous movies have been changed for no apparent reason at all, now that upsets me.

Well, it's still worth seeing. The special effects are great; Buckbeak and the Dementors look awsome.

I do want to see the Dementors. Don't get me wrong, there's no way i wont see it i'm a huge Harry potter fan.

I just think i'll wait for rental.

It's been awhile since i've read the books. Quick question: The Horse-like beasts that can only be seen by someone who's seen a human being die, what were they and what book were they in, 4th or 5th?

I do want to see the Dementors. Don't get me wrong, there's no way i wont see it i'm a huge Harry potter fan.

I just think i'll wait for rental.

It's been awhile since i've read the books. Quick question: The Horse-like beasts that can only be seen by someone who's seen a human being die, what were they and what book were they in, 4th or 5th?

thats the 5th book

thats the 5th book

They're called thestrals (I think I spelled that right.)

Edited by Kellalor

but knowing that the beloved locations used in TWO previous movies have been changed for no apparent reason at all, now that upsets me.

are you being sarcastic? blink.gif

The special effects are great; Buckbeak and the Dementors look awsome.

i must agree with you there, really well done thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys, that's what it was. original.gif

No, i'm not being sarcastic. Okay, it doesn't UPSET me persay i'm not that big of a fan, but there's still no reason to change the locations.

This movie was done in a bit of a different way than the first two. The book was used as a guide, not as a script. It was still (obviously) much too complex to survive without being viciously mutilated in the process, but the reason so many changes were put in was to seperate the story in the movie from that of the book; to give it a bit of independace, which in my opinion, failed miserably.

But as far as movies go, I did enjoy it. I regard the first two movies as Cliff Notes of the books, but I can't do that with the third movie, due to all the changes.

i agree with you too aquatus1. the first time i saw it i couldnt believe all the changes etc that thats all i was thinking about throughout the movie so i didnt enjoy toooo much (i think i expected too much) but i saw it a second time and it was alot better coz i knew what to expect, you know, that it wasnt going to be anything like the book...but all round it was a good movie i think.

did anyone think his filming is a bit strange? for example, in the beginning, when Aunt Marge arrives, the camera is all wobbly and strange and the when it changes from scene to scene its a bit odd, almost like lack of music in parts, i duno.

I'm going to go against the grain (Although not as much as the previous poster) and reveal that I don't really care for the books all that much.

There. I said it, and I can almost hear the gaspings of thousands worldwide.

Honestly though I've tried with each of the first three books, and I think that about halfway through is as far as I ever got. They just bored me. I'm trying off and on (Mostly off) to read the fourth one now, but again I've got to be honest (To a fault) and reveal that the main reason that I'm checking out the fourth book is to know what the fourth movie will be like.

Now that I've completely shot my credibility with all the die hard Harry Potter fans (You've got to give me points for honesty though) let me just say that I enjoyed the third film the most. I found it darker yes, but that's probably why this one worked better for me. The other two films just seemed like Spielberg produced Saturday Morning Specials with fantastic budgets. I found this one adult oriented and entertaining throughout.

I might be pushing my luck here, but I'd also like to take exception to a couple of the posters on the first page who said something along the lines of "No movie will ever be as good as the book". Well first, the slam dunk;" Jaws". And how about "The Godfather"? "Charlie and the Chocalate Factory"? And although not in the same category you've got to admit that "Silence of the Lambs" did a bang up job, making one of those rare cases where it was actually tough to decide which was better between the book and the film.

I've rambled on long enough.

Buh-bye thumbsup.gif

I'm going to go against the grain (Although not as much as the previous poster) and reveal that I don't really care for the books all that much.

There. I said it, and I can almost hear the gaspings of thousands worldwide.

Honestly though I've tried with each of the first three books, and I think that about halfway through is as far as I ever got. They just bored me. I'm trying off and on (Mostly off) to read the fourth one now, but again I've got to be honest (To a fault) and reveal that the main reason that I'm checking out the fourth book is to know what the fourth movie will be like.

Now that I've completely shot my credibility with all the die hard Harry Potter fans (You've got to give me points for honesty though) let me just say that I enjoyed the third film the most. I found it darker yes, but that's probably why this one worked better for me. The other two films just seemed like Spielberg produced Saturday Morning Specials with fantastic budgets. I found this one adult oriented and entertaining throughout.

I might be pushing my luck here, but I'd also like to take exception to a couple of the posters on the first page who said something along the lines of "No movie will ever be as good as the book". Well first, the slam dunk;" Jaws". And how about "The Godfather"? "Charlie and the Chocalate Factory"? And although not in the same category you've got to admit that "Silence of the Lambs" did a bang up job, making one of those rare cases where it was actually tough to decide which was better between the book and the film.

I've rambled on long enough.

Buh-bye thumbsup.gif

then the answer is dont bother reading any more since they obviously dont interest you and go read something you will enjoy

end of story

ph34r.gif

The fact is, as the potter books get longer.. and they do, they're going to have to cut out a LOT of material to make a 2 hour movie.

I personally wish they'd up the movies to 3 hours. But then, it'd take a lot longer to shoot, and a lot longer to do the special effects.

crying.gif

i agree. that should up the time to 3 hours, it would make the movie more enjoyable.