Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Firefly

SerenitysRiver

Okay, I'm a huge fan of Jos Whedon's Firefly that was on Fox a while back. Unfortunately, Fox screwed them over by giving them a horrible time slot, showing the episodes out of order and deciding not to start with the pilot. . . . . grrr. *witness my bitterness* Anyway, Fox cancelled it mid-season. I have the DVD set now and have seen the episodes in order . . . . Wow. I'm in love.

Anyone else see it and think it was good?

Only 287 DAYS REMAINING til the Firefly movie: Serenity

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SerenitysRiver

• BurnSide

• Shakezulah

Top Posters In This Topic

i never got to see that show. i really wanted to cuz it looked good and my friend said it was good too. but they canceled it before i even got to see it. grr. but out of the three fox shows that were canceled that season(Firefly, John Doe, and Fastlane) Firefly was the first to go. Fastlane was the last and that angers me a lot because that was and always will be my favorite show ever. but as for Firefly, who knows? maybe it will be picked up again. im hoping it will be sometime because i would really like to see it without having to buy an expensive dvd box set of it.

Never heard of it, what is it about?

Firefly was a sci-fi/western thing. . . . While I'm not a big fan of either of those genres, I loved it. It was set 500(?) years in the future, as humans have reached settlements into the outer planets. Cultures have been completely mixed together at this point, with European, American, Asian, etc. influences throughout the imagery and language. The "Alliance," mainly the big brother government of the future, have pushed for the unification of the nations, leaving most of human civilization under their control.

With this atmosphere in mind, Firefly was about a smuggling ship called Serenity and it's crew trying to survive by pulling almost any job they could, legal or illegal. I loved the crew, because they were so diverse. Each was a distinct individual, even though they only made 14 episodes.

And as for it being picked up: If the movie is a success, there is talk of a trilogy. After that, who knows?

FYI: I took my name from that show. I'm named after the ship and a psychotic psychic onboard named River.