Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

More NASA UFO's?

ufo nasa

• Please log in to reply
1528 replies to this topic

Poll: Are these UFO's? (51 member(s) have cast votes)

Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

1. Yes (22 votes [43.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 43.14%

2. No (29 votes [56.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1441    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 21 November 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

You have no idea how comforting it is to see you say that.

Cheers.

No, I don't believe every UFO story I'm told, but when I get interested I still want to look into things thoroughly before I make up my mind.  I had seen those Apollo 14 pictures of "blue lights", but never had a chance to go into it in any depth before.

After doing so today, I'm satisfied that they are not UFOs or moon "structures" but probably some kind of defect on the film.  Anyway, to me the explanation seems perfectly conventional and "down to earth"--so to speak.

#1442    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 21 November 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

Nobody can fault you for that Mac. :tu:

I agree.  I would go a step further and say that I salute his investigation and well reasoned results.

I'll add that I apologize for the misunderstanding, as I was under the incorrect impression that he was presenting this information as though he agreed with and supported it.

Sorry about that MacG.

#1443    Pericynthion

Pericynthion

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 November 2012 - 05:04 AM, said:

So what the hell is Johnston trying to say here?

I think he's claiming that Apollo 12 and Apollo 14 were taking pictures of the same "structures"?  Now I get it.  It's not UFOs he's talking about at all, but "alien structures" on the moon.  

Posted Image

Yep, that's what he's claiming, at least as far as I understand it.

For reference, that 'artifact' on Pete Conrad's visor in the above image is just a dusty smudge, probably a glove print from touching the visor.  The visors tended to get scratched and smudged with lunar dust as the astronauts worked.  Here's a crop from an Apollo 17 image showing a closeup of the smudges and scratches on Gene Cernan's visor during their first EVA (click the image for full size):

AS17-134-20387 (cropped)
Posted Image

#1444    Pericynthion

Pericynthion

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 November 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

No, I don't believe every UFO story I'm told, but when I get interested I still want to look into things thoroughly before I make up my mind.  I had seen those Apollo 14 pictures of "blue lights", but never had a chance to go into it in any depth before.

After doing so today, I'm satisfied that they are not UFOs or moon "structures" but probably some kind of defect on the film.  Anyway, to me the explanation seems perfectly conventional and "down to earth"--so to speak.
Glad we could sort this one out today.  Thanks for being willing to dig into it!

P.

#1445    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

View PostPericynthion, on 21 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

Yep, that's what he's claiming, at least as far as I understand it.

For reference, that 'artifact' on Pete Conrad's visor in the above image is just a dusty smudge, probably a glove print from touching the visor.  The visors tended to get scratched and smudged with lunar dust as the astronauts worked.  Here's a crop from an Apollo 17 image showing a closeup of the smudges and scratches on Gene Cernan's visor during their first EVA (click the image for full size):

AS17-134-20387 (cropped)

I definitely agree that it's not a UFO, a structure or anything even remotely like that, so Johnston was making much ado about nothing here.

As soon as I saw him claiming that two different Apollo mission had pictures of the same "structure" then I knew that none of it added up.

#1446    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:58 AM

This also means that Edgar Mitchell was telling the truth when he said that they saw no UFOs on Apollo 14.

My guess is that if someone were to look at all the TV footage from the mission, there would be none of the blue lights or blobs seen in the still pictures.

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 21 November 2012 - 06:05 AM.

#1447    Pericynthion

Pericynthion

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 November 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

I definitely agree that it's not a UFO, a structure or anything even remotely like that, so Johnston was making much ado about nothing here.

As soon as I saw him claiming that two different Apollo mission had pictures of the same "structure" then I knew that none of it added up.
Yeah, this one really falls apart when you look into it in detail.

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 21 November 2012 - 05:58 AM, said:

This also means that Edgar Mitchell was telling the truth when he said that they saw no UFOs on Apollo 14.
And I'd agree with you here, too.

On that note, I'm going to sign off for the night.  Thanks, all, for the interesting conversation!  It's nice to hear from everyone again.

P.

#1448    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

Come to think of it, I was actually watching Apollo 14 on TV at the time and remember the guy hitting golf balls on the moon, and I did not see any UFOs, blue lights, structures or anything like that.  

As soon as I saw this picture, I remembered that I had seen it on TV back then.  

Posted Image

#1449    Colonel Rhubarb

Colonel Rhubarb

Scrupulously Polite

• 22,278 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 21 November 2012 - 04:37 AM, said:

LINK

Hrmmzzzzzz............................................

Qualifications aside, has the Reformed Baptist Seminary been found as yet?
Maybe he was hoping that people would think that an Advanced degree in Metaphysics was even more impressive than one in regular Physics.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#1450    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,772 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 November 2012 - 10:25 PM, said:

[....] You see much copy and paste on news websites these days, one wonders what reporters get paid for.
Ctrl^C / Ctrl^V is a very challenging mental and physical task.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown)

#1451    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,772 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

View PostPericynthion, on 20 November 2012 - 11:21 PM, said:

Thanks, bmk.  What I was trying to say about the film direction is that the blue glow around the spots always seems to have a strong part of it that is vertical relative to the film frame, not the real world.  No matter how the astronaut has tilted the camera, the glow shows a vertical line relative to the film.  Here's a sampling of full-size crops from the high-resolution images taken from the ALSJ:

Posted Image

Frame 9330 was taken with the camera tilted up to look out of the overhead rendezvous window of the LM.  Frame 9345 was taken in lunar orbit.  For these two frames especially, the camera wasn't held perfectly level relative to the ground, etc., but the streaks are still vertical.  I think this is a pretty good indication that the blue glow around the dots is somehow tied to the camera or film processing equipment.

P.
:nw:
I was just wondering on insignificant (in this case) detail: which way film was positioned in camera (up/down, or left/right) and direction (film was inserted) into processing unit (relative to frames its up/down, my guess). But its not important.
Anyway, you nailed this issue with blue "UFOs".

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown)

#1452    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 20 November 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

In my experience and research I've come to realize that NASA
ALWAYS
examines unusual visual phenomena outside their space vehicles.

Aside from scientific curiosity, the dominating motive is flight and crew safety.

What does that have to do with 'UFOs'?

hey Jim, I have no issue with labelling these as UVP's as opposed to UFO's :santa:

#1453    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:25 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 November 2012 - 10:37 PM, said:

OI - Wheres my link???

;)

So no, there is no NDA in place according to Dr Mitchell, and no Apollo cover ups.

I am glad you posted this. It's good to see Dr Mitchell in a better light for a change. I feel awful about what the media have done to him.

EM: I'll have to admit that's an interesting bit of language.

:lol: That's some diplomacy! I really quite like that short sharp response. I would like to he seen Edgar handle the Bill Nye interview in this fashion. It would have been much more interesting.

Hey Psyche,

I did post the link in a previous post :)
anyhow here it is again  http://www.enterpris...com/dtran4.html

I think Edgar deals with Hoagland very well throughout and shows that Edgar is not easily fooled in and that he is careful with his words...

#1454    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 November 2012 - 10:43 PM, said:

Because that interview blew Dr Mitchell's words out of proportion, hence the Lise Bonnice interview I keep referring back to, as Dr Mitchell says this is "To Clear The Record Up"

LINK

The words "Sets the record straight" I find very meaningful.

yes I agree, its what I am trying to say. He finishes interview with Kerrang.......then did the producer phone NASA and ask for confirmation? confirmation of what? Edgar doesnt say anything about NASA involvement or cover up so how and why did the producer decide to call NASA?

if he really did that is, but it does make sense as to why NASA made any sort of statement following the interview.

#1455    quillius

quillius

• 4,743 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:37 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 20 November 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I took Edgars response to be a polite way of saying "your out of your gourd reading it like that"

And Richard cuts him off.

Mate, you give Hoagland an ounce of credence??????

Umm, Hoagland, Greer, Lazar........... pfft, girls are probably tougher.

no I dont think Edgar thought that, however I did take his response as if you are correct in what you say then yes it is interesting use of language....however as Jim pointed out, the contextual key parts were removed to create his point...very naughty indeed. And no I dont give him an ounce of credence  but will check most things out before dismissing them....maybe once I am twenty years into the study I may make more 'rash' evaluations on things said by certain people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users