Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

PBS broadcast: Dick Cheney Comment on UFO's

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1    Scudbuster

Scudbuster

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

• "This Train will stop at Tucumcari"

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

I had PBS on this particular day in my office, and I was listening to an interview with Cheney by Diane Rehm, so I actually heard this comment live.

Cheney was essentially ambushed, as the previous questions had nothing to do with the topic of UFO's.  My sense is that he wasn't ready to field a call on this topic and it caught him off guard, so we probably got a more truthful answer:

A similar situation happened when Grant Cameron managed to ask Vice President Dick Cheney the UFO briefing question on the Diane Rehm PBS radio program, April 11, 2001.  (http://www.ufoeviden...ents/doc887.htm) Cheney had been a Senator and also  Sec. of Defense under Pres. George Bush Sr. before becoming Vice President.

Cameron asked Cheney whether he had ever been briefed about UFOs when he was in the government.  To this Cheney replied, "Well, if I had been briefed on it, I'm sure it was probably classified and I couldn't talk about it."

Like Clark, Cheney talked around the question without giving an unqualified denial.  Again the key to this, as Cameron points out, is Cheney mentioning how the subject matter would be classified, so that he couldn't talk about it if he had received such briefings.

This snippet above was taken from an article about Gen. Wesley Clark.

The full article:

http://www.roswellpr...Clark_UFOs.html

Edited by Scudbuster, 31 March 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#2    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,087 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:15 PM

Well, you know Politicians, that's the kind of standard not-actually-giving-an-answer-as-such-exactly that they usually use, the "i'm glad you asked me that" kind of response. What it is perhaps interesting is that he does seem to be saying that the Govt. would, and therefore presumably does, actually take an interest in UFOs and doesn't actually disregard them as of no interest, as the "official" line tries to claim, always rather implausibly, I've always thought.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yea their not interested in UFO's and don't believe they exist that's the reason they have a plan for Alien invasion.

#4    bison

bison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

The sort of evasiveness with which General Clark and Mr, Cheney responded certainly seems to point to things known but not to be revealed, on the subject of UFOs and Extraterrestrial visitation. They could give frank, informative denials if they knew nothing of moment about these matters. It's interesting that they are evasive, rather than dismissive. Perhaps they expect to still be around when the truth comes out, and don't want to be see as having been deceitful, especially on a subject of such immense importance.

#5    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:54 AM

So an absence of denial equals admission? Grasping at straws anyone?

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#6    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,564 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

View PostScudbuster, on 31 March 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

"Well, if I had been briefed on it, I'm sure it was probably classified and I couldn't talk about it."

What are people reading into this?

Sounds like a very good, and honest answer to me.

Pretty witty also.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#7    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,087 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 01 April 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

No, but it does just suggest that they probably wouldn't just dismiss it out of hand, as they've always tried, somewhat implausibly, to claim, doesn't it?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#8    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 01 April 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

specifically about whether cheney had been briefed or not, right? not that there is no evidence that the guvmint had been collecting ufo reports and channeling them up the command through norad... :unsure:

#9    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:41 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 01 April 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

No, but it does just suggest that they probably wouldn't just dismiss it out of hand, as they've always tried, somewhat implausibly, to claim, doesn't it?

Or possibly that a politician is exercising their talent for non committal phrases that have no real meaning, hidden or otherwise.

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#10    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

I remember the video of that response. Besides the words alone it really says nothing one way or the other. And to think the "upper ups" dont get briefed about "UFO" the unidentified object kind especially if it occured over the US airspace would be to think they actually get useful info in there daily briefings.

I would be willing to conjecture weve had "UFO" activity that originated from very earthly means thats made said briefings.

Therefore he was giving a honest answer. Classified cant say nuttin'

#11    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:57 AM

View Postmcrom901, on 01 April 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

specifically about whether cheney had been briefed or not, right? not that there is no evidence that the guvmint had been collecting ufo reports and channeling them up the command through norad... :unsure:

More or less, yes. I've no doubt that Cheney has been briefed on classified information regarding 'unknowns'. Whether that means ET of course, remains to be seen. Honestly, I don't find anything worth reading into in his statement. It's not just about 'he said, she said' which is bad enough, but it's about 'he meant, she meant' which can not only be subjective but incredibly biased.

Edited by Slave2Fate, 01 April 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#12    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,087 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 01 April 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Or possibly that a politician is exercising their talent for non committal phrases that have no real meaning, hidden or otherwise.
You dont' think, though, he's revealed that they weren't telling the truth when they tried to suavely assure us that Governments don't take any notice of UFO reports because they've decided they're no threat to National Security?

H. P. Lovecraft.

#13    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,087 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:31 AM

Actually, i suppose what you could say is that this is a rare example of a Politician admitting, thanks to being caught off guard, that Governments do and always have lied to the People.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#14    mcrom901

mcrom901

plasmoid ninja

• 5,602 posts

• space debris, decided to evolve and become us!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 01 April 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

More or less, yes. I've no doubt that Cheney has been briefed on classified information regarding 'unknowns'. Whether that means ET of course, remains to be seen. Honestly, I don't find anything worth reading into in his statement. It's not just about 'he said, she said' which is bad enough, but it's about 'he meant, she meant' which can not only be subjective but incredibly biased.

yes, but the problem here is that the government has been denying the very fact that there were unknowns to begin with, so it's clear that they are partly responsible for fueling the conspiracies... they can always set the record straight, but instead... :alien:

if you press them for any info via foia, you will get a copy of the...

Posted Image

which is of course false as we do know that they were collecting reports up until 2011.... http://main.aol.com/..._n_1021565.html

#15    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,733 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:47 AM

People have long been familiar with the terms 'top secret' or 'classified'. That governments keep secrets isn't news to anyone, or at least it shouldn't be. To maintain an air of authority and control sometimes the government has to keep hush what they don't know as well as what they do. What would happen to public confidence if the governments were to say 'we have no idea what these things are'?

Edited by Slave2Fate, 01 April 2013 - 11:48 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users