Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Necromancy

Did you ever wander wether you could bring back the dead? I aim to find information related to the "mystical" art of bringing

back dead people, or wether you can do it in a more scientific way (say keep a record of their memories and create a new body)

or wether it is COMPLETELY impossible. (I say completely, if you are interested to know why then why not google "parallel dimensions theory")

I am trying to be realistic, NO I do not want to bring back the dead, this is simply hypothetical and out of curiosity.

If you believe/disbelieve then please comment, please give reasons for your opinions.

Thanks.

Did you ever wander wether you could bring back the dead? I aim to find information related to the "mystical" art of bringing

back dead people, or wether you can do it in a more scientific way (say keep a record of their memories and create a new body)

or wether it is COMPLETELY impossible. (I say completely, if you are interested to know why then why not google "parallel dimensions theory")

I am trying to be realistic, NO I do not want to bring back the dead, this is simply hypothetical and out of curiosity.

If you believe/disbelieve then please comment, please give reasons for your opinions.

Thanks.

Hmm, don't know if it is possible, maybe. I only know that I tried once and it didn't work. Will be interesting to see the responses.

i bet the dead don't want to come back lol

seriously though, no i don't have a wish to bring the dead back to life.

i lost my son five years ago, and although i wish more than you could ever know that he was still here, that he didn't have to die at 26 yrs old, i would not want to resurrect him.

that's kinda creepy.

i bet the dead don't want to come back lol

seriously though, no i don't have a wish to bring the dead back to life.

i lost my son five years ago, and although i wish more than you could ever know that he was still here, that he didn't have to die at 26 yrs old, i would not want to resurrect him.

that's kinda creepy.

O.K. but do you think it is still possible?

I do admit it is a little bit creepy...

I seriously would not deal with dark magic. You could accidentally invite something in that you really don't want to.

• Like 1

O.K. but do you think it is still possible?

I do admit it is a little bit creepy...

not with our scientific technology at this time. as far as conjuring up something supernaturally to bring the dead to life - i absolutely do not see this as a possibility.

I seriously would not deal with dark magic. You could accidentally invite something in that you really don't want to.

there are precautions, so please tell me everything you know (fact or fiction: Pentagram, icense, etc.)

Is there any sacrifice involved? (I sure hope not()

there are precautions, so please tell me everything you know (fact or fiction: Pentagram, icense, etc.)

Is there any sacrifice involved? (I sure hope not()

Just understand that there are very evil beings, that have been dead for a very long time. As well, there is the possibility of demons that are far worse than a lost dead soul. Invoking the dead can invite these evil beings into your existence, it's not something you want to have to deal with.

I mean personally, I have hard time believing any of this stuff. But, I do understand to not mess with something that may truly never be understood. It could be very dangerous.

Edited by Archaic

Good grief ealdwita! Where'd you get that!!!?

Okay, so you bring someone back, what about the time thingy... like a second, or days, where in hecks name was /is that spirit before you bring it back...and, is it possible that something else replaces it? (I'm scaring myself now!)

Don't really see any use.

Now back to scientific Necromancy, Anyone have any theory on

how science could bring back the dead?

Oh yeah sorry, I didn't realise pentagrams, incense and sacrifices constituted scientific necromancy. (There's a potential oxymoron to play with, if ever I've seen one!)

• Like 2

rofl im sorry ealdwita but thats from a rpg (role playing game)

And the most obvious award ggoes too....

I believe it is completely impossible, there is no known way to bring something back to life that hasn't had its body and organs perversed in some manner.

I don't think it's entirely impossible, do to the simple fact that Impossible is just a placeholder for "We don't know how yet" these days.

• Like 2

I don't think it's entirely impossible, do to the simple fact that Impossible is just a placeholder for "We don't know how yet" these days.

Hmmmm, get you, but the only way of knowing is to know what happens after death and that just isn't happening, been a few years now, like a few million, no-one has the evidence to give us a break through....yet

those who've been cryogenically preserved would most definitely agree with that statement.

delete please

Edited by Rlyeh

Thanks.

Why play GOD ? if they are dead leave them that way ,hey not for nothing , but we have enough people in this country as it is right now ....plus dead people stink ! <_<

Did you ever wander wether you could bring back the dead?

Edward and Alphonse Elric tried that and look what happened to them.

(FullMetal Alchemist reference)

Seriously, the dead are dead for a reason..because they're dead! You cannot bring a rotting corpse back to life.

Isn't this some kinda phobia ...playing with dead things... :blink:

• Like 1

This is simply hypothetical,

and who ever got that quote with "know thine enemy" should know that this thread discusses both the possibility

of bringing people back with technology or by other means.

As I said before, I am not going to bring back the dead I am simply curios to know.

I don't think it is possible, but even if it was, I don't think the remains of a loved one should be disturbed, let alone given new life. Exactly how would they feel? Would they be in pain? Would they have an entirely different personality? Would they recognize loved ones at all? :unsure:

I don't think it is possible, but even if it was, I don't think the remains of a loved one should be disturbed, let alone given new life. Exactly how would they feel? Would they be in pain? Would they have an entirely different personality? Would they recognize loved ones at all? :unsure:

You got a major point there UFO... imagine being brought back a hundred years later when all your nearest and dearest are dead. That would be pretty horrible, also you may be horrified at the descendants you are responsible for.. say your great great grandchild is someone like Hitler.

Edited by Mistydawn