Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hunting the Mongolian Death Worm

UM-Bot

deathworm.jpg
Two men from New Zealand are embarking on an expedition next week to seek out the fabled Mongolian death worm, a large red invertebrate said to immobilise its prey with a combination of acid-spit and the ability to produce an electric shock.

"Two New Zealanders will leave for Mongolia's Gobi Desert next week on an ambitious expedition to find the fabled acid-spitting and lightning-throwing Mongolian death worm."

arrow3.gifView: Full Article | arrow3.gifSource: 3 News

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

• wolemrock

• Saru

• UM-Bot

Top Posters In This Topic

They say it jumps out of the sand and kills people by spitting concentrated acid or shooting lightning from its rectum over long distances.

Well... That's something. Spitting acid is plausible but farting lightning makes a skunk's attack a joke! LOL!

However, the New Zealand team planned to bring the worm to the surface with explosives, as it is said to be attracted to tremors.

I always enjoy reading a death wished, proned person's plan. It's always creative.

Edited by :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

However, the New Zealand team planned to bring the worm to the surface with explosives, as it is said to be attracted to tremors.

Are they sure they haven't watched Tremors too much :D

They should hire Burt Gummer.

Edited by Dezmond

Are they sure they haven't watched Tremors too much :D

They should hire Burt Gummer.

lmao ... i agree ... OMg... wouldn't it be crazy if Tremors really existed?,....I would be scared

gotta admit, this is one of my favorite cryptids, cause it's so unusual, and as the article said...

"He said he was interested in the death worm because it was one of the most outrageous creatures that were rumoured to exist.

However, it was also one of the mythical creatures that had a better chance of being real.

Rumours could inflate the reputation of things such as the Loch Ness monster and Bigfoot, but sparsely populated Mongolia was ot a place where rumours were going to propagate, Farrier said.

"If a Mongolian says they have seen a big worm-like creature out in the desert they haven't really got any reason to lie."

A number of experts have dismissed the worm's existence, putting it down as a rumour, but Farrier was not put off."

couldn't have said it better myself, really... :D

i hate when non-skeptical "skeptics" poke fun at anything they don't want to believe in.

I guess the Mongolian death worm's would view these 2 new zealander's as terrorists. Heh, good luck to them.

i hate when non-skeptical "skeptics" poke fun at anything they don't want to believe in.

I think it's the overhype on what this worm is capable of doing. We know certain species of snakes can spit venom and the common eel has an electric charge. A platypus is an egg-laying, venomous, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal. So, strange and fantastic creatures are out there.

I'm not rejecting the existence of the Mongolian Death Worm nor I'm saying it may not have an electrical charge to some degree, but finding a creature that shoots lightning out of its rectum is a bit unbelievable. Talk about lightning burns where one shouldn't have! Haha!

If its a 'worm' then it seems odd that it would possess such lethal mechanisms, not even a snake has both the ability to spit venom and to produce a lethal electric shock, i'm not aware of any species of worm that is capable of doing anything remotely like this. Seems like a very inplausible creature.