Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kevin Ward Jr and Tony Stewart

Myles

Myles,

This is a sad story all the way around. This young man should of never gotten out of the car but we do crazy things when angry.

Another in a series of avoidable "sports" tragedies, from Alzheimer-like dementia in football players to career-ending mayhem in hockey.

Kevin Ward is 100% to blame for his own death. It's a shame he died but facts are facts. I've watched the video about 5 times and this is my conclusion:

A collision between Tony Stewart and Kevin Ward Jr. On a sprint car track led to a death. It's a dirt track, for starters, traction sucks and bumps happen. He (Kevin) ran back in to the oncoming racers, narrowly avoiding getting run down by the 45 car, all to shake his fist at at Tony Stewart. He stepped in front of Tony's car, which slid out and got hit because of his own temper tantrum got the better of him. Condolences to the guys family but he died because of ignorant, childish and petty behavior. That's it. And now daddy Ward is saying that Tony Stewart is to blame because Tony is the professional.

Dear Mr. Ward,

Your son attempted to pass another car on the OUTSIDE of a turn, slid out and crashed. He proceeded with his bad judgement by ignoring safety protocol and exiting his crashed vehicle. To top off his own stupidity he ran back out on the track and got himself killed. I hate racing. I could give a **** less about racers and, above all, I don't support Tony Stewart. But I've watched the footage and your son was 100% at fault for everything; the crash, the outcome and his own death. I wish all the condolences for your family in the wake of this tragic event but playing the pity card against someone and claiming you are the victim is not going to bring your son back.

• 2 weeks later...

The whole situation is lousy for everybody. Kevin Ward's family lost a family member. And Tony Stewart is in a tough situation as well.

• Like 1