Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 5 votes

What is the scariest movie?

• Please log in to reply
593 replies to this topic

#436    Painnsufferin

Painnsufferin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

I am on board for The Exorcist.

#437    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

The Exorcist is definitely one of the most disturbing and compelling, not for the visuals imo though (They are certainly horrific) but the tale itself and intentions of the demon are certainly abysmally dark.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#438    starchild1976

starchild1976

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

• Truth is stranger than fiction.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

The Ring and Mothman Prohecies are profoundly intense movies.

#439    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:37 PM

Gummo

#440    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,569 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Saving Private Ryan is terrifying in a very real sense, that introduction is extremely disturbing and downright appaling in that the human race is capable of turning a simple beach into a bloodbath at any given moment. Naturally Hiroshima is another example but there was no act of process between the two states, that beach scene is a moment of atrocity in development.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#441    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 20 February 2013 - 01:19 AM, said:

The Exorcist is definitely one of the most disturbing and compelling, not for the visuals imo though (They are certainly horrific) but the tale itself and intentions of the demon are certainly abysmally dark.
What were the intentions of the demon in that I forget

View Poststarchild1976, on 10 March 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

The Ring and Mothman Prohecies are profoundly intense movies.
The Mothman Prophecies is pretty intense

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#442    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,569 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

The demon dude Pazuzu didn't really have much use for Regan, it intended to use her as a vessel to kind of pollute everyone around her and the people trying to save her, so to inflict as much pain as possible by wasting the little girl away and to taunt the priest whom it had history with, pretty darn gruesome!

#443    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

View PostEllJay, on 15 February 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

The Bunker

The Devil's Rock

Let me know what you though of them
These were very good and show big budgets and massive CGI are not needed to make a good film. I think these low budget films do not get proper recognition

#444    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:34 AM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 16 March 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

The demon dude Pazuzu didn't really have much use for Regan, it intended to use her as a vessel to kind of pollute everyone around her and the people trying to save her, so to inflict as much pain as possible by wasting the little girl away and to taunt the priest whom it had history with, pretty darn gruesome!
Ohhh okay, yeah that is pretty gruesome. plus that scene where her head starts spinning around I doubt she could have lived through that

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 17 March 2013 - 03:34 AM.

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#445    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,569 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

In the novel it is described as a kinda mirage put forth by the demon to the mother, plus she has just whacked herself on the floor after being unpolitely smacked by her daughter so she is a bit out of it. It doesn't really interpret it like that in the film which is one weak point imo. Later with Karras seeing it is just overkill too so that is another stupid part of an otherwise stellar film.

#446    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

• 2,521 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostDancingCorpse, on 17 March 2013 - 04:31 AM, said:

In the novel it is described as a kinda mirage put forth by the demon to the mother, plus she has just whacked herself on the floor after being unpolitely smacked by her daughter so she is a bit out of it. It doesn't really interpret it like that in the film which is one weak point imo. Later with Karras seeing it is just overkill too so that is another stupid part of an otherwise stellar film.
All the sequals that followed that movie were utterly pathetic compared With the original movie.

#447    cultanorak

cultanorak

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

• I imagine you have orders to destroy me?

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

http://www.imdb.com/...ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The Beyond an Italian horror from cult director Lucio Fulci is one of the most convincing horror films I've ever seen.

#448    CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

• Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    Without looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

The six o'clock  world news is still the most terrifying thing you could watch.

#449    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• 1,569 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 17 March 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

All the sequals that followed that movie were utterly pathetic compared With the original movie.

I liked one scene in I think it's the third movie in the nursing home, an old woman suddenly crawls across a ceiling lol. The rest I tried watching and couldn't really make ANYTHING decent from them. Once you've seen the greatness of the original it all pales, not because they are necessary as deficient as a lot of horror films that've come since, just because they insult The Exorcist by trying to sell off it with nothing to back it up.

#450    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

The wonderful thing about The Exorcist is how it slowly pulls you from your normal world into a world where impossible things are happening. Regan and her mother have a convincing relationship (and there is some very naturalistic acting between them) long before anything weird happens.

There are very few horror movies that attempt this. The audience just ignores the characters and the dialog (which are usually terrible anyway) and waits for the scary things to start happening.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users