Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fox chair tried to get Petraeus run for Prezz

questionmark

Roger Ailes, the longtime Republican media guru, founder of Fox News and its current chairman, had some advice last year for then-Gen. David H. Petraeus.

So in spring 2011, Ailes asked a Fox News analyst headed to Afghanistan to pass on his thoughts to Petraeus, who was then the commander of U.S. and coalition forces there. Petraeus, Ailes advised, should turn down an expected offer from President Obama to become CIA director and accept nothing less than the chairmanship of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the top military post. If Obama did not offer the Joint Chiefs post, Petraeus should resign from the military and run for president, Ailes suggested.

The Fox News chairman’s message was delivered to Petraeus by Kathleen T. McFarland, a Fox News national security analyst and former national security and Pentagon aide in three Republican administrations. She did so at the end of a 90-minute, unfiltered conversation with Petraeus that touched on the general’s future, his relationship with the media and his political aspirations — or lack thereof. The Washington Post has obtained a digital recording from the meeting, which took place in Petraeus’s office in Kabul.

Read more

Hmmm... if he succeeded, in view of Petraeus' affair, the reactionaries would have grasped right into the Sh@t again.....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• questionmark

• Ashotep

• and-then

• Hasina

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Ailes realizes he dodged a bullet on THAT one :w00t: As the saying goes though - who'd a thunk it? The guy seemed like a boy scout's boy scout. Just goes to show that the midlife thang can bite almost anyone under the right circumstances (and that's all I got to say about that) :no:

I think he can kiss that notion goodbye and probably a few others. Hope it was worth it.

I'm sure Ailes realizes he dodged a bullet on THAT one :w00t: As the saying goes though - who'd a thunk it? The guy seemed like a boy scout's boy scout. Just goes to show that the midlife thang can bite almost anyone under the right circumstances (and that's all I got to say about that) :no:

With a less bigot constituency a affair would not matter, see France where Mitterrand's children, both marital and extramarital, meet for family gatherings and that bothers nobody.

But as long as "character", a propriety seldom found in politicians, seems to be a buzzword for the voter that surely will not change.