Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Point Pleasant MIB and Indrid Cold

ufos point pleasant mib lanulos

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Coyote Speaks

Coyote Speaks

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

I recently watched the documentary "Eyes of the Mothman" (still available for streaming on Netflix instant) and was intrigued by how in depth the weirdness of Point Pleasant was.  Numerous interviews in the documentary alluded to UFOs being cited in the daytime, with what appeared to be 'blue collar' workers performing a variety of menial tasks.  Similarly, the MIB encounters at the time were quite strange.

The Men in Black drove outdated cars, and appeared to not understand very basic technology.  Mary Hyre, the journalist who wrote most of the UFO and mothman stories at the time noted that one expressed wonder at a pen, and as he walked away laughed maniacally, fascinated by it.  The first encounter with Indrid Cold described him as being identical in appearance to the MIB.

I was wondering if this topic had been brought up much before, and what the fellow members of the board made of Cold, the Point Pleasant UFOs, and the Men in Black encounters that happened there. Have there been similar ones since?

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,808 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:21 AM

I seem to recall a poster here who claims a MiB encounter.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,838 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

There are lots of MIB encounters !

This is a Work in Progress!

#4    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,992 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Read "The Mothman Prophecies".. :yes:

#5    Coyote Speaks

Coyote Speaks

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostNikkiAidyn, on 04 January 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

Read "The Mothman Prophecies".. :yes:

I've been tempted to on several occasions, but read that Keel was not the most reliable source as he tended to embellish the stories he heard rather often.  Is that true, or was I misinformed?

View PostWearer of Hats, on 04 January 2013 - 02:21 AM, said:

I seem to recall a poster here who claims a MiB encounter.

That would be quite interesting to hear about!  If a search doesn't yield up much, I may start a new thread about that alone.  Thank you for the heads up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users