Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bush Approval at 38%; Congress at 25%

Caesar

"Democratic leadership aides huddled with rank-and-file chiefs of staff, legislative directors and press secretaries on Monday to persuade them to do more to promote a positive message. Celinda Lake, a Democratic pollster, and Mike McCurry, one of President Bill Clinton’s former press secretaries, also were on hand to press for a concerted effort.

In a “Dear Colleague” letter sent last week to lawmakers, the six senior House Democratic leaders noted that bipartisan majorities have passed lobbying and ethics reforms, an increase in the minimum wage, a massive increase in student aid, legislation to implement the 9/11 Commission recommendations and other initiatives that President Bush has signed into law."

Source and full article

Why is the democraticly controlled congress doing so poor in the polls?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Caesar

• AROCES

• The Silver Thong

• Unlimited

Top Posters In This Topic

Because they haven't stopped the War or impeached Bush. That is why they are polling so low.

Also, Bush's approval is lower than 38, its been hovering at 30 for sometime now.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

Edited by Bob26003

Maybe because they haven't stopped trying to lose the war just to hate Bush.

and you think Bush is trying to win it ?? Bush doesn't care about winning !! He never did !!

Because they haven't stopped the War or impeached Bush. That is why they are polling so low.

Also, Bush's approval is lower than 38, its been hovering at 30 for sometime now.

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

I guess it all boils down to where you get his approval number

PRESIDENT BUSH – Overall Job Rating

Congress: Democrats

Any way you look at it, the democratic congress approval numbers are worst

and you think Bush is trying to win it ?? Bush doesn't care about winning !! He never did !!

He always wanted to win and he is!

They are polling so low because they screwd up the voters big time! They all voted for the War for the same reason Bush did, and that is to protect our interest, PERIOD.

The Bush lied! Bush lied! was just for election , and now reality comes and those who voted for the Democrats are scratching their heads and wondering.LOL :lol:

It is obvious that with approval ratings this low for both Bush and Congress that neither are doing what they should be.

Bush's approval rating is low because he lied and cheated his way into a pointless war with Iraq.

The Democratic Congress approval rating is low because they made promises that they would bring the troops home and end this highly dubious military engagement... Of course they never lived up to their promises.

They are polling so low because they screwd up the voters big time! They all voted for the War for the same reason Bush did, and that is to protect our interest, PERIOD.

The Bush lied! Bush lied! was just for election , and now reality comes and those who voted for the Democrats are scratching their heads and wondering.LOL

I highly doubt the Iraq war was about 'protecting' interests, I highly suspect that it was securing that nations resources and government for political and financial gain... An act of imperialism.

Sorry but the reality here is that America has lost so much and gained nothing in Iraq of value, it was a **** up and one that no one wants to admit they made. This is both a democrat and republican issue seeing as how most people from both parties voted to go into Iraq. This is by far the biggest black stain on American foreign policy ever.

It is obvious that with approval ratings this low for both Bush and Congress that neither are doing what they should be.

Bush's approval rating is low because he lied and cheated his way into a pointless war with Iraq.

The Democratic Congress approval rating is low because they made promises that they would bring the troops home and end this highly dubious military engagement... Of course they never lived up to their promises.

I highly doubt the Iraq war was about 'protecting' interests, I highly suspect that it was securing that nations resources and government for political and financial gain... An act of imperialism.

Sorry but the reality here is that America has lost so much and gained nothing in Iraq of value, it was a **** up and one that no one wants to admit they made. This is both a democrat and republican issue seeing as how most people from both parties voted to go into Iraq. This is by far the biggest black stain on American foreign policy ever.

The Bush lied! lie doesn't work here anymore. Only makes you look more silly.

Bush was at 24 % a couple of weeks ago.

According to a series of Gallup opinion polls, conducted between July 20 and October 19, Bush was supported only by 33.2 percent of votes, the second lowest during his term. Bush's unpopularity reached a record low of 31.8 percent in his 26th quarter in office, the worst of his administration.

Bush has had an average approval of 38.8 percent in his second term so far, which is the third lowest since World War II after Harry Truman (36.5 percent) and Richard Nixon (34.4 percent).

In the most recent USA Today/Gallup poll, conducted October 12-14, about 64 percent of Americans expressed dissatisfaction with Bush policies as US President and only 32 percent supported him.

Bush has not had an approval rating at or above 50 percent in more than two years.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=28012...ctionid=3510203

and why is the congress poll so low ? because they haven't ended the Iraq war.

Edited by Lt_Ripley

The Bush lied! lie doesn't work here anymore. Only makes you look more silly.

Its still working.....how do you still support bush when he lied to your face repeatedly?...it's because you enjoy the ethnic cleansing that comes with his idealogical struggle?...or is it because God told him to attack iraq; and you think he's jesus because only jesus talks to god...

Its still working.....how do you still support bush when he lied to your face repeatedly?...it's because you enjoy the ethnic cleansing that comes with his idealogical struggle?...or is it because God told him to attack iraq; and you think he's jesus because only jesus talks to god...

Until you can substantiate the accusation, you only give the impression that you are indulging in psychological projection.

Might want to examine your own standards of honesty now.

Until you can substantiate the accusation, you only give the impression that you are indulging in psychological projection.

Might want to examine your own standards of honesty now.

thats just psychobabble to support your position....what accusation?

Well at least they're both higher than last polled; although I know absolutely no reason why :unsure:.

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

Well at least they're both higher than last polled; although I know absolutely no reason why :unsure:.

Mostly the methodical errors. There are hardly any low participant polls that don't have an error margin of up to 5%.

I guess it does make a difference where you get the info from this is what Rueters is saying printed by the Baltimor Sun

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/polit...w_low_in_r.html

I was watching an interview of Tony Snow by John Stewert who brought up the phrase Bush and others have been using quite often. The Democratic Congress. Like it is somehow a "poke" at the creditability of Congress. I'll be the first to admit that Congress is doing pretty crappy, but despite all the "left wing nut jobs" antics and disapproval to the Republican majourity congress over the past 13 something years (wasn't it?) I don't ever remember hearing "The Republican Congress" at least not during the Bush Administration. If memory serves me correctly, the poll numbers for Congress isn't much of a shock because it seems like it has been in the low teens and twenties for a long while now.

I think it is a tactic for the conservative party to step back and say "Hey, we're not the majourity; don't blame us" even though there are not enough Democratic congressmen/women to get an override vote. Although, I'm sure the Democrats will get their chance to do the same when election time comes around again; because the way things are going, I highly doubt they'll get majourity again.

Edited by EmpressStarXVII

I think it is a tactic for the conservative party to step back and say "Hey, we're not the majourity; don't blame us" even though there are not enough Democratic congressmen/women to get an override vote. Although, I'm sure the Democrats will get their chance to do the same when election time comes around again; because the way things are going, I highly doubt they'll get majourity again.

Smart analysis. See part of the media democracy is to rely on the fact that people have a low attention span (brought by the excessive TV consumption). This means that most people could not tell you what the political issues were a year ago. That way many politicians can act after the motto: "What do I care about my foolish yesterday's words"(Konrad Adenauer 1876-1967).

What lies?

The only promise thay make is trying to raise taxes.

-You said it is for Oil? You are contradicting yourself again.

- Securing that nations resources? The Unted States is not the number one consumer of Iraqs oil.

Well I gave you a link that covered all the major polls liberl and conservitive

You can get mad at my link all you want, makes no never mind to me.

LOL why would I get mad? I don't care if his approval rating was 1% he isn't running again! and there are many issues I don't agree with him on.

LOL why would I get mad? I don't care if his approval rating was 1% he isn't running again! and there are many issues I don't agree with him on.

Ok now I see reason, but wouldn't you be concerned as to why his approval rating would be 1% ? I sure as hell would be. I have no say in your election and I'm not sure who to root for, as I see this as a really really slow game of "go fish" that Ron guy though hmmmm any thoughts ?

Ok now I see reason, but wouldn't you be concerned as to why his approval rating would be 1% ? I sure as hell would be. I have no say in your election and I'm not sure who to root for, as I see this as a really really slow game of "go fish" that Ron guy though hmmmm any thoughts ?

Ron Paul...hmmm I agree with alot he says and some things I don't. my big problem is with him would be his isolationism 1930's views. I do think the U.S. focuses more then it should in world affairs but not completely block out the world. isolationism and non-intervention does not make Ron Paul a conservative as many suggest.

But to get back on topic, to be honest I really don't put much in polls. you can get the results you want by the type of questions you ask.

Ron Paul...hmmm I agree with alot he says and some things I don't. my big problem is with him would be his isolationism 1930's views. I do think the U.S. focuses more then it should in world affairs but not completely block out the world. isolationism and non-intervention does not make Ron Paul a conservative as many suggest.

But to get back on topic, to be honest I really don't put much in polls. you can get the results you want by the type of questions you ask.

Ron Paul, I will keep a bit closer eye on the guy. I have a funny feeling about this election though, Hillary Hmmm

Your right polls are a weak indicator. It is opinion we need to look at, but with facts to back those opinions.