Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

New Era of 'Peace and Unity'


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1    jugoso

jugoso

    One Love

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mexico

  • "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Bolivian President Evo Morales is marking today's winter solstice and the much-discussed calendar date by celebrating a hopeful vision for a "new era of peace and love" in the world,one in which the spirit of community and respect for Mother Earth will win out over the greed induced by global capitalism.

In an open invitation to celebrate the day, Morales explained that "the Mayan calendar's  21 of December is the end of the non-time and the beginning of time. It is the end of the Macha and the beginning of the Pacha, the end of selfishness and the beginning of brotherhood, it is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism."

And continued, "The scientists know very well that this marks the end of an anthropocentric life and the beginning of a bio-centric life. It is the end of hatred and the beginning of love, the end of lies and beginning of truth. It is the end of sadness and the beginning of happiness, it is the end of division and the beginning of unity, and this is a theme to be developed. That is why we invite all of you, those of you who bet on mankind, we invite those who want to share their experiences for the benefit of mankind."

http://www.commondre...line/2012/12/21

It´s our decision to make!! :tu:

Edited by jugoso, 21 December 2012 - 07:31 PM.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#2    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

"it is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism"

Haha, no. What I earn is mine.

Posted Image

~MEH~


#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

    Hwt oredmcg

  • Member
  • 4,887 posts
  • Joined:08 Jun 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:astcentingas , England

  • Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Yeah, good luck with that one, Evo ol' mate!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#4    jugoso

jugoso

    One Love

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mexico

  • "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostHasina, on 21 December 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

"it is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism"

Haha, no. What I earn is mine.

No one taught you that sharing can be very rewarding?

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#5    Hasina

Hasina

    Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

  • Member
  • 3,048 posts
  • Joined:28 Aug 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • JINKIES

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postjugoso, on 21 December 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:



No one taught you that sharing can be very rewarding?
I was taught to share when I had things to share but I was also taught that I shouldn't expect things. I work for what is mine, they can work for theirs.

I understand I come from a privledged background, but my parents didn't. They worked hard to provide for their children (me and my sisters) so we could have more then they did and enjoy and work for more.

I'll help others work towards obtaining what they should do to provide for themselves. As an accountant, I do. I crunch numbers for my coworkers so they can get their pay checks on time while they provide the actual business that brings in the money and makes me a worthwhile investment.

Posted Image

~MEH~


#6    jugoso

jugoso

    One Love

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,601 posts
  • Joined:13 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mexico

  • "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Postealdwita, on 21 December 2012 - 07:43 PM, said:

Yeah, good luck with that one, Evo ol' mate!

Yeah but it certainly is a nice sentiment though IMO.

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#7    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,609 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

View Postjugoso, on 21 December 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

Bolivian President Evo Morales is marking today's winter solstice and the much-discussed calendar date by celebrating a hopeful vision for a "new era of peace and love" in the world,one in which the spirit of community and respect for Mother Earth will win out over the greed induced by global capitalism.

In an open invitation to celebrate the day, Morales explained that "the Mayan calendar's  21 of December is the end of the non-time and the beginning of time. It is the end of the Macha and the beginning of the Pacha, the end of selfishness and the beginning of brotherhood, it is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism."

And continued, "The scientists know very well that this marks the end of an anthropocentric life and the beginning of a bio-centric life. It is the end of hatred and the beginning of love, the end of lies and beginning of truth. It is the end of sadness and the beginning of happiness, it is the end of division and the beginning of unity, and this is a theme to be developed. That is why we invite all of you, those of you who bet on mankind, we invite those who want to share their experiences for the benefit of mankind."

http://www.commondre...line/2012/12/21

It´s our decision to make!! :tu:

Very appreciative of President Morales' words.

The part of moving away from an anthropocentric view of life to a biocentric one is very next level.

The shift away from the individual to the collective has been occuring for some time and it will be nice to see it come into full swing.


#8    sutemi

sutemi

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined:22 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:rugby UK

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

A great vision for the world and many will like the sentiment because they know we need change in the systems of this world. For instance, a child dies every 5 SECONDS from simple problems like lack of clean water, they die from diarrhoea! think about that as you down your turkey on the 25th.

“I believe that to meet the challenge of our lives, human beings will have to develop a greater sense of universal responsibility. We must all learn to work not just for our own self, family, or nation but for the benefit of all mankind. Universal responsibility is the key to human survival. It is the best foundation for world peace, the equitable use of natural resources and through concern for future generations, the proper care of the environment”. The Dalai Lama

But there are those that are blind to the rest of humanity and only selfishness is their guiding rule. Mention a ‘Hopeful Vision’ and they will ask if you mean a new 3D TV!

“The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you’re inside, you look around. What do you see? Businessmen, teachers, carpenters. The very people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged and many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependant on the system that they will fight to protect it”. Morpheus, the Matrix.

Best wishes to all for the New year.

“If the Climate was a bank we would already have fixed it” H.Chavez


Edited by sutemi, 24 December 2012 - 07:27 AM.


#9    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

    Omnipotent Entity

  • Member
  • 9,167 posts
  • Joined:01 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The sixth circle

  • Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

We all have our delusions.

View Postjugoso, on 21 December 2012 - 08:09 PM, said:

No one taught you that sharing can be very rewarding?
Which capitalism doesn't prevent.

Edited by Rlyeh, 24 December 2012 - 07:53 AM.


#10    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,609 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

View Postsutemi, on 24 December 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

If the Climate was a bank we would already have fixed it H.Chavez[/size]

Honest quote as is the following.

View PostI believe you, on 26 September 2011 - 08:44 PM, said:

In fact, I have a feeling that if Lehman Brothers was Lehman Brothers and Sisters, they might still be around.

In other words if banks were for all instead of so only a few could profit then they would have a different mission sans greed and the banking crisis would have never occured to begin with, perhaps.

Edited by I believe you, 24 December 2012 - 08:08 AM.


#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

Quote

Bolivian President Evo Morales is marking today's winter solstice and the much-discussed calendar date by celebrating a hopeful vision for a "new era of peace and love" in the world,one in which the spirit of community and respect for Mother Earth will win out over the greed induced by global capitalism.[/size]]

good read. from Oregon.


#12    fadedface

fadedface

    Alien Embryo

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Cheshire, England

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

There isn't going to be some new era of spiritual enlightenment because human nature is inherently evil because it is based upon self preservation and survival of the fittest. So all this talk of 'peace and unity' is delusional and deceiful and there will be no change for the better in the world until human nature changes or is forcibly changed.

Edited by fadedface, 24 December 2012 - 01:25 PM.


#13    fadedface

fadedface

    Alien Embryo

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Cheshire, England

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

View PostHasina, on 21 December 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

"it is the end of individualism and the beginning of collectivism"

Haha, no. What I earn is mine.

People from a privileged middle and upper class background should give more or be forced to give more to people who have been denied the oppurtunities that they have had. Part of the problem in society is these self serving privileged people who have all the oppurtunity given to them and patronize the rest of us that they've earnt it when in reality they've had the breaks in life even though they don't admit it.

Edited by fadedface, 24 December 2012 - 01:37 PM.


#14    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

    jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

  • Member
  • 3,609 posts
  • Joined:27 May 2011
  • Location:Currently entering

  • It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

View Postfadedface, on 24 December 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

There isn't going to be some new era of spiritual enlightenment because human nature is inherently evil because it is based upon self preservation and survival of the fittest. So all this talk of 'peace and unity' is delusional and deceiful and there will be no change for the better in the world until human nature changes or is forcibly changed.

That is not true.

During our earliest stages when we lived in the jungle, if you went off on your own, you would die. People had no privacy then! We worked as a group.

Loneliness itself evolved so if you got mad and left you would feel lonely and want to go back and make up. If you didn't you'd die on your own, even if you left with one or two other people, no way, all dead.

This mechanism insured our success, cooperation and not competition allowed us to be successful as a species and not die out.

Humans are group animals. If aliens were to one day put us in a zoo they would insure we were put in as groups so we could thrive, if they put us alone, in solitary, we would not thrive.

We can also do things better as a group. Doctors working for a while as a group begin to function as one unit, their individualness dissapates, they work faster without talking, it is automatic, and it is not just them being faster because of numbers, each individual themselves works faster than they would alone as if being part of a machine improves their efficiency.

All our advances in the end are passed down because of knowledge being passed down, and it is passed down in groups, people cooperating, and when it is passed down it is added upon making the information superior for the next generation. Cooperation is why we succeed.

This is what I have learned by reading lots of science and history.

On the other hand those who are into conservative politics, the same who usually despise science, will claim it is competition that leads to our continue success as a species. Capitalist ideology...ugh.

Believe what you want, I know what side I am going with.

Edited by I believe you, 24 December 2012 - 02:53 PM.


#15    fadedface

fadedface

    Alien Embryo

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Cheshire, England

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

View PostI believe you, on 24 December 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

That is not true.

During our earliest stages when we lived in the jungle, if you went off on your own, you would die. People had no privacy then! We worked as a group.

Loneliness itself evolved so if you got mad and left you would feel lonely and want to go back and make up. If you didn't you'd die on your own, even if you left with one or two other people, no way, all dead.

This mechanism insured our success, cooperation and not competition allowed us to be successful as a species and not die out.

Humans are group animals. If aliens were to one day put us in a zoo they would insure we were put in as groups so we could thrive, if they put us alone, in solitary, we would not thrive.

We can also do things better as a group. Doctors working for a while as a group begin to function as one unit, their individualness dissapates, they work faster without talking, it is automatic, and it is not just them being faster because of numbers, each individual themselves works faster than they would alone as if being part of a machine improves their efficiency.

All our advances in the end are passed down because of knowledge being passed down, and it is passed down in groups, people cooperating, and when it is passed down it is added upon making the information superior for the next generation. Cooperation is why we succeed.

This is what I have learned by reading lots of science and history.

On the other hand those who are into conservative politics, the same who usually despise science, will claim it is competition that leads to our continue success as a species. Capitalist ideology...ugh.

Believe what you want, I know what side I am going with.


When you say humans are group animals I think you mean clique animals.

Humans form self serving cliques to ensure their own mutual protection and survival. The interaction in these cliques is based on self serving hypocrisy and double standards and anyone who doesn't fit into the clique because their 'face doesn't fit' are rejected, marginalised and persecuted by the clique or society. The cooperation you mention between humans is built on prejudice, intolerance and social darwinism. The individuals who invariably have a more profound understanding of the universe have been outsiders or eccentrics who did not fit into the unfair hypocritical group cooperation of human society.

Group cooperation like all human action is based on natural selection and therefore competition.

Edited by fadedface, 24 December 2012 - 03:13 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users