Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 5 votes

NASA Edits Proof Of Apollo Moon Hoax!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
547 replies to this topic

#16    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:56 AM

First it was....
Umm.. I dont see any difference between the two versions except that one is darker and has caption...

Then it became....
Lmfao. You call that pixilization? Christ, I wish people at least understood basic things about video editing before putting foreward arguments like this. The images are not pixilated at all, what you're calling "pixilization" is simply the use of video compression.

So it's darker, and has a caption. That's all. But then when I show the difference in a close-up, you laugh it off as "hah! that's not pixelization, that's COMPRESSION!"  laugh.gif
Here are the video stills with pixelation -  [attachmentid=15760][attachmentid=15761]
Not out of the realm of possible video tools used, is it? More to the point, it doesn't matter WHAT the tools used, and in what sequence they were apllied to the original. The point is that they WERE used to alter the images - even compression being applied is an edit, my friend!

Attached Files

#17    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(Thanato @ Jun 18 2005, 07:45 PM)
The DVD one is accualy better qulity i think, i can make out Details better.

~Thanato

View Post

The REST of the DVD is impeccably clearer in quality. I'll put up some comparison stills of the video just a minute or two BEFORE the segment they manipulated. But these stills, uh uh, you can't even compare in overall sharpness or color quality. But you may have a point in that the original source WAS sharper, so certain aspects within the little "rectangles" of their editing may be better.

Edited by turbonium, 19 June 2005 - 03:02 AM.

#18    Neo2005

Neo2005

The One

• 3,523 posts

• If you die in the matrix you die here?
    The body cannot live without the mind.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(turbonium @ Jun 18 2005, 08:14 PM)
QUOTE(Neo2005 @ Jun 18 2005, 06:10 PM)
Trust me we've been to the moon.
It wasn;t fake.

View Post

Sorry, bud, I don't - I don't expect anyone to trust me either just because I say so. I'd like to know how to explain a fleshy arm as something else, for starters......

View Post

You do know that when you pixilate an image you can see things that arn;t really there.
If you post the priginal image i might not be so skeptical.

#19    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:05 AM

ou do know that when you pixilate an image you can see things that arn;t really there. If you post the priginal image i might not be so skeptical.

I have - the originals of the online video clip are the stills in my first post WITHOUT captions on the bottom. The original DVD stills are the ones WITH the captions. All original, from both sources......I think I see where you may be confused - I stated the new DVD stills as (manipulated).....I meant that to mean 'manipulated by NASA and/or Spacecraft Films'. They ARE the original stills right from the source DVD.

Edited by turbonium, 19 June 2005 - 03:10 AM.

#20    Neo2005

Neo2005

The One

• 3,523 posts

• If you die in the matrix you die here?
    The body cannot live without the mind.

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:08 AM

Ok well i'll take another look at them more closely this time.

#21    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,809 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 June 2005 - 03:35 AM

First it was...

Then it became....

Its the same thing. Its the same picture... No editing. Its simply darker in one than the other. The "pixilation" is due to compression, not the image being edited.

So it's darker, and has a caption. That's all. But then when I show the difference in a close-up, you laugh it off as "hah! that's not pixelization, that's COMPRESSION!"

Thats because it is the video compression. I was looking for editions to the film, some doctoring to it, and as such, all that poped into view as changes to the image is the brightness and the caption. When talking about pixilation, what you say was pixilated was not pixilated at all.

Here are the video stills with pixelation -

Wait a sec... Why is the left most picture you showed ACTUALLY pixilated while the others posted previously were not? Have YOU edited it?

Not out of the realm of possible video tools used, is it? More to the point, it doesn't matter WHAT the tools used, and in what sequence they were apllied to the original. The point is that they WERE used to alter the images - even compression being applied is an edit, my friend!

What tools being used is not being discussed here. The point is, video tools did not pixilate the image. The compression being applied does not pixilate the image, nor can it be considered "doctoring". THAT is whats being discussed.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#22    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:13 AM

Wait a sec... Why is the left most picture you showed ACTUALLY pixilated while the others posted previously were not? Have YOU edited it?

YES - that's what I'm pointing out to you - I edited the originals with pixelating to resemble the DVD stills that THEY have edited. I'm pointing out the way pixelation effects could have been at least part of what they did to the dvd version.
Thats because it is the video compression. I was looking for editions to the film, some doctoring to it, and as such, all that poped into view as changes to the image is the brightness and the caption. When talking about pixilation, what you say was pixilated was not pixilated at all.

What tools being used is not being discussed here. The point is, video tools did not pixilate the image. The compression being applied does not pixilate the image, nor can it be considered "doctoring". THAT is whats being discussed.

OK - this is important. You claim that these rectangular artifacts on the stills are the result of "compression".  The original films were transferred digitally to retain the quality virtually as identical to the original. These transfers were done with frame by frame digital scans, with no compression. The digital transfer is actually greater in clarity, especially with professional studio equipment.

THIS is a comparison of stills between the online video (1st pic) and the DVD still (2nd pic)
[attachmentid=15766][attachmentid=15767]
That is how the rest of the DVD is - much sharper and clearer than the VERY COMPRESSED original online video!! It HAS to be better quality as a digital transfer from the ORIGINAL FILM!!

Attached Files

Edited by turbonium, 19 June 2005 - 05:17 AM.

#23    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,809 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 June 2005 - 01:32 PM

YES - that's what I'm pointing out to you - I edited the originals with pixelating to resemble the DVD stills that THEY have edited. I'm pointing out the way pixelation effects could have been at least part of what they did to the dvd version.

Your pixilated version looks nothing like the dvd version.

OK - this is important. You claim that these rectangular artifacts on the stills are the result of "compression". The original films were transferred digitally to retain the quality virtually as identical to the original. These transfers were done with frame by frame digital scans, with no compression. The digital transfer is actually greater in clarity, especially with professional studio equipment.

When you put video onto a DVD, they're compressed.

----Seraphina

#24    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:07 PM

It doesnt surprise me really that people in 2005 still are in denial over the Moon landing ... back in the 50's people were running around arguing the Moon was a big hunk of cheese lmao
Ive tried to follow the theory proposed as objectively as possible, and even with the most creative way I can look at it ... if that is an arm its definitely NOT a human arm ? maybe its a pic of an alien or something ??? they could have been there secretly watching over the Moon landing you never know

#25    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:32 PM

Your pixilated version looks nothing like the dvd version.

Really? Never woulda guessed! rolleyes.gif  My point was only to show how the pixellating type effect, and/or OTHER effects, can easily have been used to generate the segmented/pixelated effect on the DVD still.. I'm sure the pros can duplicate it no problem. THAT is ALL  I'm trying to get across with the editing I did....that it WAS edited for the DVD.

When you put video onto a DVD, they're compressed.

From this link DVD transfer it explains one method of uncompressed transfer to DVD....
Film is digitized frame-by-frame with no interlacing to provide a completely frame-accurate transfer. Transferring frame-by-frame ensures 100% frame accuracy for critical sound sync applications. Also, such frame discretion means the clearest, most crisp picture possible next to a Rank transfer.You get the full resolution of DVD with more than twice the horizontal resolution of VHS.

We digitize all film using a 850-line 3-CCD broadcast video camera and capture from a component 10-bit 4:2:2 signal to  10-bit 4:2:2 uncompressed, 8-bit 4:2:2 uncompressed or 8-bit 4:1:1 DV.

#26    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,809 posts

-Patton

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:37 PM

Really? Never woulda guessed! rolleyes.gif My point was only to show how the pixellating type effect, and/or OTHER effects, can easily have been used to generate the segmented/pixelated effect on the DVD still.. I'm sure the pros can duplicate it no problem. THAT is ALL I'm trying to get across with the editing I did....that it WAS edited for the DVD.

Just as you can take the paintbrush and color every pixel in to match the DVD still. Either way, what you're calling pixilation in the DVD still is simply a result of compression.

From this link DVD transfer it explains one method of uncompressed transfer to DVD....
Film is digitized frame-by-frame with no interlacing to provide a completely frame-accurate transfer. Transferring frame-by-frame ensures 100% frame accuracy for critical sound sync applications. Also, such frame discretion means the clearest, most crisp picture possible next to a Rank transfer.You get the full resolution of DVD with more than twice the horizontal resolution of VHS.

We digitize all film using a 850-line 3-CCD broadcast video camera and capture from a component 10-bit 4:2:2 signal to 10-bit 4:2:2 uncompressed, 8-bit 4:2:2 uncompressed or 8-bit 4:1:1 DV.

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/question596.htm

Honestly, how long is the DVD you have?

----Seraphina

#27    turbonium

turbonium

Government Agent

• 4,311 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 02:51 PM

Just as you can take the paintbrush and color every pixel in to match the DVD still. Either way, what you're calling pixilation in the DVD still is simply a result of compression.

Compare the two frames other the arm frames - that it how much sharper the entire DVD quality is. By your logic, I may as well watch the online video version for better quality!! laugh.gif
Honestly, how long is the DVD you have?

There is barely an hour of footage from Apollo 12. There are 3 DVD's in the set.

#28    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,809 posts

-Patton

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:56 PM

Compare the two frames other the arm frames

Rephrase plz.

There is barely an hour of footage from Apollo 12. There are 3 DVD's in the set.

The 3 DVDs are simply that "barely an hour" footage, or is there more?

----Seraphina

#29    Hans Dolbrook

Hans Dolbrook

opemmind1963

• 1,558 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 09:14 PM

i saw a show on nat geo a few months back,and they tried and were very succesful at re-creating the nasa moonshot footage in the desert somewhere out
west,they used the same tyoe of film,camera,and high intensity lights was the light source.they proved that even on earth,you could'nt see stars in the night with a camera,they showed how flimsy the pole holding the flag was,they accounted for many of the shadowed photos.the one thing they did'nt or could'nt figure out was why the lander did'nt kick around a lot of dirt when it landed when by all the laws of science,it should have,and they did'nt even address the arm photo.did anybody else see this show?

user posted image

Posted Image

{" Everyone needs to feel safe but hell; might as well blame the trailer park for attracting lightning bolts and tornados. I mean, I had a hand in certain things. But everybody's got free will... I just give them enough rope to hang themselves."-Lucas Buck}

#30    dazdillinjah

dazdillinjah

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

• "We went to explore the Moon & discovered the Earth" Gene Cernan

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:35 PM

Maybe someone can explain away for me how the historic video of the Earth rising over the Moons horizon was taken then ???? .... No ? didnt think so

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users