Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Obama 'backs assault weapons ban'

assault weapons ban barack obama

• Please log in to reply
439 replies to this topic

#61    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostStellar, on 23 December 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

What on Earth is your point? Armies of the past didnt use guns, therefore guns should not be controlled? The two things are completely unrelated.

Attached Files

• Attached File  cars.jpg   140.03K   21 downloads

Edited by Mag357, 23 December 2012 - 08:59 PM.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve.
But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#62    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,881 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

Once you underestimate the American people you're betraying the American cause.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#63    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:47 PM

There should be a ban on all assult weapons!!!!  The general public should've never had access to them, they're made for the military use in combat situations!!!!
guns were and still are manufactured for one sole intent, to kill!!!!!!!!!   Sure, a gun won't kill anybody, that is, until someone picks it up to use on someone else, then
it's justified to say guns do kill people!!!!     If all of the guns in the world are put into a locked glass case, permanently, then you can say guns don't kill people!!!!

#64    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,881 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

View Postarcher95446, on 23 December 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

There should be a ban on all assult weapons!!!!  The general public should've never had access to them, they're made for the military use in combat situations!!!!
guns were and still are manufactured for one sole intent, to kill!!!!!!!!!   Sure, a gun won't kill anybody, that is, until someone picks it up to use on someone else, then
it's justified to say guns do kill people!!!! If all of the guns in the world are put into a locked glass case, permanently, then you can say guns don't kill people!!!!

The general public is supposed to have access to military style weapons to kill those who try to strip them of their rights.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if the rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson to William S. Smith, son-in-law of John Adams

Edited by Eonwe, 24 December 2012 - 12:16 AM.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#65    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,914 posts

• Some say he is dead.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Maybe the government should make laws to regulate purchases of baseball bats, knives, bows/arrows,
garden tools, etc,etc. They all could be used as potential weapons. ;)

But to much skepticism can make you narrow minded to extraordinary possibilities.

#66    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

it's justified to say guns do kill people!!!! If all of the guns in the world are put into a locked glass case, permanently, then you can say guns don't kill people!!!!

Angry on non Englisk speaker ?

#67    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

View PostMag357, on 24 December 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Maybe the government should make laws to regulate purchases of baseball bats, knives, bows/arrows,

Maybe the government should make laws and regulate purchases of vehicles. Oh wait, they already do...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#68    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,914 posts

• Some say he is dead.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:15 AM

Check out this video.

#69    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 11,643 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostEonwe, on 24 December 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

The general public is supposed to have access to military style weapons to kill those who try to strip them of their rights.

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if the rulers are not warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson to William S. Smith, son-in-law of John Adams

because the last couple of people who've taken up arms have shaken the government to it's core - ohh wait, they got steam rollered, callee dangerous and then killed.
viva la freedom!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#70    aztek

aztek

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,605 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 December 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

because the last couple of people who've taken up arms have shaken the government to it's core - ohh wait, they got steam rollered, callee dangerous and then killed.
viva la freedom!

that is your answer, right there

RESIDENT TROLL.

#71    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

View PostMag357, on 24 December 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Ah, comparing guns to knives and bats. Might as well compare nukes to guns and let them sell plutonium as well.

#72    Maizer

Maizer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostEonwe, on 24 December 2012 - 12:04 AM, said:

Yeah that was true at that time. But no longer. Thomas Jefferson, a true patriot, would be screaming for gun bans today.

#73    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 11,855 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 18 December 2012 - 10:04 PM, said:

Does not bloody matter
That's the point.   No, they don't, so why ban them in reaction to this tragedy?

Handguns are not only actually relevant, they're even more dangerous than rifles indoors because it's very difficult to disarm someone of a handgun when their hand is wrapped around it.  

But Obama is using the emotional dander kicked up by this tragedy as a political opportunity to spuriously ban something else.   Something that only our two-faced anti-gun liberals who somehow have no problem with our lawmakers' gun-blazing policies could possibly whine our lawmakers into passing a ban on.

The government will have legal credibility banning our guns after we earn some legal credibility for banning its guns.   I know that somehow the government isn't mentally ill to continuously drop bombs on other countries and knowingly kill children in the process of murdering suspects, I know that every gun-hating American would immediately turn pacifist the moment a foreign country started bombing our neighborhoods with drones, so how about we limit B-52s to a maximum of six bombs per payload, and due to a new loading mechanism taxpayers will have to pay to have installed, B-52s will only be able to drop one bomb at a time.  Many, many, many assault weapons to deal with, so this is only the very beginning and the first example among many.

And please note, I didn't say to take the bombers away from the government, e.g. to ban them altogether.   I'm not sure why I didn't say that now.  It would be more equivalent to what Obama wants to do.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#74    iNvRG

iNvRG

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

View PostMaizer, on 24 December 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Yeah that was true at that time. But no longer. Thomas Jefferson, a true patriot, would be screaming for gun bans today.
Seriously? He'd be screaming about the treason that is going on in Government today.

"We as humans believe in a superior being because we as humans can not comprehend the magnitude of our own existence"

#75    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

How easy it must be to put words in the mouth of a dead man...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users