Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#4261    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,719 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 06 January 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Future Zoser: The people of 2013 were idiots, and forcefed garbage via their screens in order to keep them dumb. Forcefed by who I ask?
Wearer of Future Hats: If you're going to say "aliens" then stop right there. We know full well from the Zoggians that no aliens were on Earth until 2033. I reckon they were just stupid back then.
Nopeda (for he is immortal): I was there, were we idiots.
Psyche10001: Role play is forbidden here, p*** off.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#4262    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,910 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

View Postseeder, on 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

see some of these snaps of rocks for natural shine, soft edges, and a 'vitrified' look in parts

http://forums.steves...ian-shores.html

these are just seaside/shoreside rocks
Damn, Abe, give the aliens a break!

They need a little seaside R&R every now and then just like rest of us, ya know!

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#4263    Harte

Harte

• 8,910 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 January 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

You ever touched the plastic container or ceramic bowl in which you prepared your meal?
The container recieves its heat from the food.

Materials that don't contain water will not heat in a microwave.

Sparks might fly, though.  They do with aluminum anyway.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson

#4264    Harte

Harte

• 8,910 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

View Postnopeda, on 06 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

:lol: You people are HILARIOUS! I doubt either of us are saying we know xts have been to this star system...at least I know I'm not saying that. But I certainly do consider the possibility and feel that it would be idiotic not to. You in contrast insist :lol: that it's idiotic to consider that they have. Tell us then :mellow: is it impossible for any beings in the universe to travel from any star system to another? Or is it possible that they do in some places but impossible for them to do it here for some reason(s)? Either way, explain why you want people to believe it's impossible for them to do it here. And don't give us some lameass fallacious straw man "reason" either. Give us at least one good solid reason why it's impossible for any xts to travel to this star system, then we'll let the rest of the world know and we can settle this stupid shiit once and for all. Go:
You're asking me to verify the lies you fabricated about what I've stated?

Do you even know what I meant by "straw man?"

Harte

#4265    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostHarte, on 07 January 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

The container recieves its heat from the food.

Materials that don't contain water will not heat in a microwave.

Sparks might fly, though.  They do with aluminum anyway.

Harte

Microwaves work by heating polar molecules, doesn't have to be water.

#4266    Harte

Harte

• 8,910 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 07 January 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

Microwaves work by heating polar molecules, doesn't have to be water.
Most heating accomplished in a microwave oven comes from the water in the product, then.

Even ceramics can have water present inside them (if they contain hydrophylic materials,) btw, so a container getting hot could mean that the container has water molecules in the substance it's made of.

You can melt some types of stone in a microwave.

Harte

#4267    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsafe at Any Speed

• 24,078 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postnopeda, on 06 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

:lol: You people are HILARIOUS! I doubt either of us are saying we know xts have been to this star system...at least I know I'm not saying that. But I certainly do consider the possibility and feel that it would be idiotic not to. You in contrast insist :lol: that it's idiotic to consider that they have. Tell us then :mellow: is it impossible for any beings in the universe to travel from any star system to another? Or is it possible that they do in some places but impossible for them to do it here for some reason(s)? Either way, explain why you want people to believe it's impossible for them to do it here. And don't give us some lameass fallacious straw man "reason" either. Give us at least one good solid reason why it's impossible for any xts to travel to this star system, then we'll let the rest of the world know and we can settle this stupid shiit once and for all. Go:
Is anyone really insisting that it's idiotic to think that XTs might have been to this star system? People are saying that as far as they're concerned, they don't think that there's proof that they have, but that's not necessarily the same thing, is it?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4268    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostHarte, on 07 January 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Most heating accomplished in a microwave oven comes from the water in the product, then.

Even ceramics can have water present inside them (if they contain hydrophylic materials,) btw, so a container getting hot could mean that the container has water molecules in the substance it's made of.

You can melt some types of stone in a microwave.

Harte

Like i said, the presence of water is not necessary:

Dielectric Properties of Polymers
http://www.zeusinc.c..._Dielectric.pdf

1) Why do the above polymers melt when exposed to microwaves?

For a microwave to heat and subsequently melt an object, the object must be
composed of bonds that are either ionic, polar or conducting in nature.
Polar bonds can exist in PVC but not in PE or PP.  For PVC the C-Cl bonds
is polar because the electron afinity of chlorine is higher than that of
carbon.  So I suspect that PVC could melt in a microwave but PE and PP
shouldn't melt.

The interaction of the microwaves with the polar bond in PVC causes the
melting.  As there is a dipole in the C-Cl bond, the bond reacts with to
the presence of microwaves due to their electromagnetic nature.  In effect
the bond oscillates accroding to the wave's magnetic field.  The movement
of the C-Cl bond causes an increase in the plastics temperature due to
friction between the oscillating bond and the static surroundings.
Eventually when the plastic temperature reaches its melting point, it
melts!

http://www.madsci.or...09962.Ch.r.html

http://www.scn.org/~...9/plastics.html

MELTING OF ANDESITE IN A MICROWAVE OVEN

Abstract
The positive influence of the microwave radiation on the melting of rocks is described.
Local melting-down of specimens and subsequent flowing-out of red-hot magmatic mass
was observed when andesite samples from the location of Ruskov (Slovakia) were heated in
a microwave own with an output of 900 W. After 30 min of microwave heating of an andesite
specimen of defined dimensions, its complete melting was observed and the temperature
measured reached the range of 1260-1280 degrees Celsius

http://www.doiserbia...3390304549Z.pdf

#4269    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

LOL,

If anyone wants to try melting andesite in a microwave oven, be my guest, but I am not going to try it.

#4270    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,883 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

FOR SCIENCE!

#4271    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,679 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 07 January 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

FOR SCIENCE!

Posted Image

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#4272    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 07 January 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

FOR SCIENCE!

Those Slovaks already proved it could be done. And I believe them.

And you won't believe how many papers I read about plants....sigh.

#4273    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,973 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 January 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Bmk, I already responded to your post, saying the color of the leaves is wrong.

But, from your link...

Oca is planted in the Andean region from Venezuela to Argentina,[17] from 2800 to 4100 meters above sea level.[11] Its highest abundance and greatest diversity are in central Peru and northern Bolivia, the probable area of its domestication.[18]
[...]
That was the reason I brought it: more chances to spot peculiar properties if you are using it on the daily basis.

View PostAbramelin, on 06 January 2013 - 08:27 PM, said:

In Andes it can be up to 8% (free article, Table 2).

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#4274    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

View PostOniomancer, on 06 January 2013 - 09:09 PM, said:

By that specific process, which isn't true heat vitrification anyway. I see lime content seems to be the determining factor. Suppose they added lime to the surface as part of the treatment?

Suppose they added chicken curry?  The speculation is infinite if you chose to ignore the evidence.

Edited by zoser, 07 January 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Posted Image

#4275    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

If lichen can, why can't we?

Another blow to the chemical theory then isn't it?  Logic says that a reaction isn't going to be that potent if the reactive parts are such a small percentage of the whole stone composition.  How fast does lichen operate on stone?  Years, decades?

:blush:

Posted Image