Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prank Calls

MissJatti

While on holiday/vacation in India, in the state of Punjab. We was staying at my in-laws house. One day the phone rang, I answered it, since everyone else was busy. The person on the other end just hanged up.

My brother in law came into the room, and ask who was on the phone. I said the person on the phone hanged up. Then my brother in law asked me what colour was the callers number. Confused I quickly said black, because it is always black. Brother said, are you sure?? Even more confused, I remained silent. Brother in law then said, never pick up the phone, if the callers number is in red, NEVER. Brother in law told my wife about this red number call also. Because apparently by police reports, people have died immediately or some time after answering the call. There were some people who managed to tell family members or others about the call.

Most people who managed to tell someone described the call of, hearing a group of children laughing and giggling in the background with a spooky eerie scary music, with a song in a whole different language.

And one day I spotted a deserted newspaper laying on the floor, and saw a page which was titled "The Call Of Death". Since I can not read Punjabi, I called my wife to read it for me. It said something like 6 deaths related to the red number calls

Either my brother in law is a damn good actor, but the way he got his message across, made me not want to pick up the red number call.

Edited by SkeptcByMindBelievrByHeart
  • Like 1

Yes I believe it is some hoax, bogus callers preying on very old helpless extremely superstitious people. Im guessing the ultimate frighting experience, the fear killed them people. I also did some google searches on the matter, and found out that it also happened in parts of Africa too. Also one website concluded... "Its high frequency wave length, is so high that will ultimately cause brain hemorrhage, when listen to the call"

That sounds like something a twelve year old would make up to tell a "scary" story.

Edited by MetallicBlood

I think the newspaper would really help the community if they pointed out that people died from dialling random numbers and then trying to sell them things over the phone - just saying.

• Like 1

While one warning sign has been that the ‘killer’ number appears in red colour on the screen, it is apparently clear that phones with monochrome (black-and-white) displays cannot possibly show red colour for any of its operations.

That officially makes this one of the stupidest hoaxes ever.

• Like 2

saw a page which was titled "The Call Of Death". Since I can not read Punjabi,

==============================

So the title was in English but the rest in Punjabi, i would assume, because if not, how would you know what the title said?

• Like 2

One thing I have always wondered is whether gullible people are happier or sadder than average folks? It sure seems like they end up worrying about some goofy things, but then at the same time, they don't have to go through through the brain-strain of critical thinking, because it appears that this part of their thought process is non-functional. Wonder if it all just balances out?

It sounds like some serial killer. I would never pick up the red number call.

nevermind

Edited by Sakari

nevermind

seriously. If someone is gullible enough to believe crap like this, is it even worth debating it? Its just sad when stupid wins.

Just plain scary. :whistle:

Just to keep the Japan angle ,as per usual,in Japan ,if you write someone's name in red,it means you wish them death .

It's like a curse and an insult,simultaneously .

I'm tellin ya,Japanese movie plot .

• Like 1

Do you mean on like caller display? I don't even have that. The caller would need to tell me in person that they were a serial killer or something and I could hang up....... oooops too late! :devil: