Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Mexican reporters pushed into hiding

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

Not a good time to be a reporter in Mexico.  If you are and report on the drug violence you may be risking you life.

Facing threats, murder and kidnappings, many Mexican journalists have been forced to go into hiding, while the country’s vicious drug war has driven some newspapers to self-censorship.

Some journalists have gone into self-imposed exile abroad while others, like Luis Cardona, a 53-year-old who reported in the flashpoint state of Chihuahua, have taken refuge elsewhere in the country.

http://www.rawstory....der-pseudonyms/

#2    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Yikes. That kind of story makes me happy about where I am from.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

Things are pretty bad in Mexico.  Really feel for those that have to live with it.

#4    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,151 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

And it is migrating North at a fast speed ( has been )....

Don't laugh Canada, you are next......Although you guys are smart enough not to let it happen.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#5    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostSakari, on 04 May 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Don't laugh Canada, you are next......Although you guys are smart enough not to let it happen.

I was not laughing by any means.  I didn't mean to give that impression.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

View PostSakari, on 04 May 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

Yep. Esp. in places really close to the border, like here in Texas. We have violence coming over our border. That's EXACTLY why we need to secure our borders!

#7    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,151 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 04 May 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

I was not laughing by any means.  I didn't mean to give that impression.

I did not mean it that way at all. I meant " watch out Canada " in general. It was not in response to your reply :)

View PostKowalski, on 04 May 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

Yep. Esp. in places really close to the border, like here in Texas. We have violence coming over our border. That's EXACTLY why we need to secure our borders!

I know, I spent my first 44 years of my life in Nevada. I watched it grow like a plague. I watched DMV forms, School books, Voting information, etc. become twice as thick so they could be both in Spanish and English. I watched jobs go away, and yes, even higher paying jobs as " bi-lingual is required " is becoming the norm.

I could go on and on.......

I do not blame them, I blame our Government.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostSakari, on 04 May 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

I know, I spent my first 44 years of my life in Nevada. I watched it grow like a plague. I watched DMV forms, School books, Voting information, etc. become twice as thick so they could be both in Spanish and English. I watched jobs go away, and yes, even higher paying jobs as " bi-lingual is required " is becoming the norm.

I could go on and on.......

I do not blame them, I blame our Government.

Yep. The government needs to STOP pandering to the illegals! They bring their drugs and violence over here. Every city that has a huge population of illegals ALWAYS has more crime, and this is why. Not to mention their taking what little jobs there are out there. I've seen that myself. Why do you think most countries have restrictions on immigration? To make sure the immigrants don't take the citizens jobs away! But, I think this whole "immigration reform" is just so the Democrats can get more votes. The democrats will make them citizens, give them welfare, and free healthcare, and they'll keep voting the democrats in, without even thinking about it.

Edited by Kowalski, 04 May 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#9    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,169 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostKowalski, on 04 May 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

You can use the WORMS from Tremors and those flying things too

#10    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I really don't see this as just a democrat thing.  There are a lot of democrats that want this illegal invasion stopped as well and I am one of them.  I don't think we need immigration reform what we need is a illegal immigrant reform.  Stop rewarding people for coming into this country illegally and just fingerprint them then deport them.  If they come back a second time prosecute them and send them to prison.  Arrest anyone that hires them and take their business or money to pay for sending them back.

I agree the cities with high numbers of illegals also have a high crime rate.  I think its stupid to require us to speak Spanish when English is our language.  Maybe they should learn to speak English.  They are suppose to be coming here to become part of our society not the other way around.

I'm all for a fence along the border, a big one or maybe a wall like the Chinese built.

#11    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,151 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostHilander, on 04 May 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

I'm all for a fence along the border, a big one or maybe a wall like the Chinese built.

With motion censored grenade launchers.....

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#12    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,169 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostKowalski, on 04 May 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Yep. The government needs to STOP pandering to the illegals! They bring their drugs and violence over here. Every city that has a huge population of illegals ALWAYS has more crime, and this is why. Not to mention their taking what little jobs there are out there. I've seen that myself. Why do you think most countries have restrictions on immigration? To make sure the immigrants don't take the citizens jobs away! But, I think this whole "immigration reform" is just so the Democrats can get more votes. The democrats will make them citizens, give them welfare, and free healthcare, and they'll keep voting the democrats in, without even thinking about it.
its because employers find them cheaper for wages and work long hard hours, not many people want to work on low wages for long hours.

#13    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,401 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 04 May 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

its because employers find them cheaper for wages and work long hard hours, not many people want to work on low wages for long hours.
That's why employers should have their assets confiscated for hiring them.  They are bringing down our standard of living and it will get worse.

I would be all for helping Mexico build up their own economy so they would stay there.

#14    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,151 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 04 May 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

Maybe farmers.....Not companies. Minumum wage is paid, and many would love to have that chance right now.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#15    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,151 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostHilander, on 04 May 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

That's why employers should have their assets confiscated for hiring them.  They are bringing down our standard of living and it will get worse.

I would be all for helping Mexico build up their own economy so they would stay there.

I had read ( not looking it up now ) that money sent from the US to Mexico from these workers to families there is in the millions a month. Millions a month go through western unuion, to Mexico..>American dollars, being spent in Mexico......( Billions a year I believe )

We are helping their economy, and not many know it.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users