Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China to NK, release Chinese fishing boats

Ashotep

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. North Koreans with guns seized a Chinese fishing boat and was demanding ransom for it. Seems to be an ongoing problem. They keep it up and China will cut them off.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/china-urges-north-korea-to-release-chinese-fishing-boat-16-crew-owner-says-ransom-demanded/2013/05/19/1cdd58bc-c0ec-11e2-9aa6-fc21ae807a8a_story.html

• Like 1

It doesn't actually state or explain anywhere whether this is the NK military or just some NK criminals.... Kinda confusing and makes it out to be NK government/military, but doesn't actually state this. There is a huge difference between it being government/military or criminals.

• Like 2

Wow, don't poke the sleeping Dragon.

• Like 1

It doesn't actually state or explain anywhere whether this is the NK military or just some NK criminals.... Kinda confusing and makes it out to be NK government/military, but doesn't actually state this. There is a huge difference between it being government/military or criminals.

A North Korean merchant cargo ship came into Avonmouth a few years ago,all the crew were Military and wore military uniforms. I presume this hasn't changed since then,So I would guess that the Chinese boat was boarded by Military.
  • Like 2

A North Korean merchant cargo ship came into Avonmouth a few years ago,all the crew were Military and wore military uniforms. I presume this hasn't changed since then,So I would guess that the Chinese boat was boarded by Military.

Ah right, I thought it would be military, just wish the article was specific about it. Seems weird not to state that. News articles today are such a mess, it's like the writers/reporters/researchers are all useless.

• Like 2

Maybe...but I have never thought of there being much lawbreaking in the hermit kingdom. I'd imagine real criminals don't fare very well. So if anything happens it usually is at least with a wink and a nod from the government, wouldn't you think?
  • Like 2

Anyone in NK that was doing something Jong-un didn't like would probably be shot. It was have to be a state sanctioned crime. This isn't the first time this has happened.

This is "loss of face " to the Chinese which they dont take lightly,so there will be guaranteed reprisals soon.

"They keep it up and China will cut them off." Hi

If NK doesn't realize China is their best, most important ally*; & trading partner, then the ineptitude is so glaring, KJU deserves to go.

And if NK does realize it, but did this anyway, KJU deserves to go.

KJU deserves to go.

"It doesn't actually state or explain anywhere whether this is the NK military or just some NK criminals..." C

It's a slim distinction.

NK is a totalitarian Hell hole. "Bite the hand ..." indeed!

* Depends on POV. The "West" (including South Korea) has come through in a pinch before, with food aid, etc.

Reuters report that China have got their boat back,but don't give any further details,whether the crew is back,or what condition they are in.Give it a few days and China will retaliate and confiscate something the N.Koreans have in order to regain stature (face). 1-0 to the N.Koreans but the game isn't over by a long way.

I don't know if it's called psychology, or politics.

Punks sometimes try to prove they're tough, by picking fights, bullying others.

But real tough guys don't have to prove themselves.

Now I can understand how a testosterone overdosed 18 year old kid without much guidance could make such a foolish blunder.

But for an entire nation to do so?!

NK may think they look tough. To me they look foolish; trying to prove what isn't true. Dopes!

I really don't understand what the thrill of being a totalitarian tyrant is. I just don't understand it.

I suspect the NK politburo could have a better standard of living if they gave up totalitarianism; and the People of North Korea absolutely could!

So what's the appeal? Sadism? A Dynasty Of Sadists?

[sounds like a book title]