Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Texas MIB Encounter

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Iron Man III, The Terminator. W T F?

#17    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,442 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Keep it in your thoughts ! Texas Stephenville happened !

This is a Work in Progress!

#18    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Like I said ignorance is a bliss. Think what you want. Cheat on a test instead of actually learning something. It's the American way.

#19    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 17 January 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

I don't see what you term BEK's replacing MIBs.

You seem to be the only one. Most people see correlations in the two claims.

LINK - Readers Respond: What's your opinion of these stories of black-eyed people

Sightings, reports and encounters with these black-eyed people -- even black-eyed children -- seem to be on the rise? What do you make of these stories? Fantasy? Paranoia? Are they related to ghost phenomena or, as some people believe, demonic activity? Is there a connection to the Men in Black?

LINK - ATS, Black Eyed Kids and Men in Black,

Despite the speculative nature of these topics, I figured I'd present a question to people who are well-versed in these subjects. I'm just wondering if anyone else has noticed certain similarities between these two phenomena. In both cases these entities are generally encountered in pairs. Their behavior is generally outgoing, but with odd speech patterns. During the entire encounter there are feelings of unease, even if they are not realized until later. Furthermore, it seems like Men in Black encounters are occurring less and less, while Black Eyed Kid encounters seem to be on the upswing. I will admit that this hypothesis is still in its infancy, but I'm wondering if anyone else thinks these phenomena could be two sides of the same coin and if there are other similarities I may be missing.

LINK - Black Eyed Kids

Black-eyed adults could be related to the "Men In Black" MIBswho have also appeared with pitch black eyes to intimidate UFO witnesses. A MIB often appeared to those who make it past a close encounter of the first kind ( CEI ). There haven't been any new accounts of MIB visits in recent years. Perhaps these black-eyed beings are of the same race as the MIB, who may now be unemployed.

Have You Invited Any Black Eyed Children Into Your Home?

What are these BEC? Weatherly seems to think they’re an alien-human hybrid. Especially because they bear a strong resemblance to MIBs.

LINK - BLACK-EYED-KIDS

So what are these BEK’s? The growing number of encounters suggests they are either a new phenomena or, as i suspect, new stage dressing behind a phenomena that has been experienced since the beginning of recorded history. Whether it’s Green Children, Men-in-Black or the Black Eyed Kids there is a history of mysterious folk who pop up from time to time, place to place and maybe the next time might be in your neck of the woods. Trick or Treat.

Or do you refuse to see it simply because a skeptic made you aware of the similarities that others have noticed?

The problem with you is a lot of what you post is short on specifics.

I beg your pardon? I suggest you do a search. I am guilty of expecting you to know more than you apparently do, I guess I have been spoiled by MacGuffin and Quillius. Funny thing about is most people complain that I am too wordy.

You struggled to dig up an old MIB case on Google and that was the basis of your argument against MIBs.

Do you have trouble with reading. If so, please say so and I will endeavour to accomodate.

Pretty stupid.

Your comment was. How on earth you came to the above conclusion is beyond me. I said very few reports still come through, and as far as I know, that is indeed the case, and I said that the strangeness of MIB encounters is what upsets many people, not intimidation tactics.

Posted Imagetopsecretresearch, on 15 January 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I think during that time they need people who resembled the mob to go around and intimidate or threaten witnesses.

To which I replied:

That was not the case though, I can think of many cases where the occupants were more frightened by the strangeness of the MIB's not threats actually made. One very strange story MacGuffin dug up for me a few months back indicates MIB's that ask many questions about the couples personal sex life and went to far as to "pet" each other (in all the right places) right in front of the occupants.

See. Either you did not read the post, or you have some comprehension problems, if it be the latter, say so and I will attempt to compensate. I ask because it was you who asked the question to begin with! Of course it could be that perhaps you just do not have an open mind.

Edited by psyche101, 17 January 2013 - 06:42 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#20    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:35 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 17 January 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Iron Man III, The Terminator. W T F?

I had no idea what the Terminator comment was about, so I ran with the logic. It was simply a little levity.

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 17 January 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Like I said ignorance is a bliss. Think what you want. Cheat on a test instead of actually learning something. It's the American way.

And you are complaining about cryptic comments????

Edited by psyche101, 17 January 2013 - 06:36 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#21    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

From what I can tell there are several versions of what people term MIBs. The MIB you have in mind is more of the fantasy version influenced by the likes of John Keel. Some people automatically assume the entire phenomenon is like the Fortean Times. Here the behaviour and the appearance is very bizzare, urban legend type stuff.

Sometimes people will use MIB to describe men dressed in dark clothes that will appear after a UFO encounter warning the witness.  Almost like there is a human or g-man element tracking or working in liaison with ETs. These cases would be similar to witness harassment cases.

#22    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 January 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

You seem to be the only one. Most people see correlations in the two claims.

LINK - Readers Respond: What's your opinion of these stories of black-eyed people

Haven't heard of BEKs until now. BEKs sound similar to alien-hybrids described in abductions. I always keep in mind that sometimes UFOlogy is the product of its own culture. I heard an interview with Whitley Strieber where he described strange looking chain smoking children when he was living in Austin, TX that he thought were not human. The story was very similar to what you are referring to. Some of Whitley Strieber's stories sound pretty fictional to me but that's how he makes his living. It's like Steven King mixed with Ufology. It doesn't mean he didn't have an alien abduction during the Hudson Valley UFO wave. He could have capitalized on something others have experienced. There are a lot of new agey, crazy old women, loony bins type people that show up to a UFO conventions but it's unfair to categorize the entire phenomenon that way.

#23    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 18 January 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Haven't heard of BEKs until now. BEKs sound similar to alien-hybrids described in abductions. I always keep in mind that sometimes UFOlogy is the product of its own culture. I heard an interview with Whitley Strieber where he described strange looking chain smoking children when he was living in Austin, TX that he thought were not human. The story was very similar to what you are referring to. Some of Whitley Strieber's stories sound pretty fictional to me but that's how he makes his living. It's like Steven King mixed with Ufology. It doesn't mean he didn't have an alien abduction during the Hudson Valley UFO wave. He could have capitalized on something others have experienced. There are a lot of new agey, crazy old women, loony bins type people that show up to a UFO conventions but it's unfair to categorize the entire phenomenon that way.

Well, I hope what I have shared is of some value to you. I know this interests you, and whilst we share different opinions, if I can offer up information I will. As a skeptic, I like to look at all angles, and if an angle were to genuinely point at ET as an answer, I would be rather excited about it. I do believe you, and many others for that matter, often confuse experience with debunking. I am a fossil, been looking ove this for like 35 years. Many of the cases that people get very excited over are things I got very excited over decades ago. Research managed to calm that excitement. Still, things are better then they used to be. I honestly feel people in general are far, far more objective about the subjet than say 20 or 30 years ago. The nutjobs and crackpots are still out there keeping the status quo, but I like to think, even if only to myself, that they are slowly losing their snake oil battle.
As I mentioned, there are two type of people that talk aliens. One lot is one the level. One is not.

Streiber strikes me as a very strange personality. Nervous, anxious, really on edge all the time. However, he does not like his information being touted as an ET visit.

On December 26, 1985, Strieber reportedly was abducted from his cabin in upstate New York by non-human beings. He wrote about these experiences in his first non-fiction book, Communion (1987). Although the book is perceived generally as an account of alien abduction, Strieber draws no conclusions about the identity of alleged abductors. He refers to the beings as "the visitors," a name chosen to be as neutral as possible to entertain the possibility that they are not extraterrestrials and may instead exist in his mind. He has repeatedly expressed his frustration with what he feels are fantastic claims attributed incorrectly to him.

LINK

And yes, it does not mean he was not abducted, but it does not strongly indicate aliens at all. If the actual person who had the experience is against an alien conclusion, why is it considered? Do those pushing ET feel they know better than the actual person with the experience?

Remember John Mack was of the opinion that abductions were mental as well, and not physical at all. The only reason he started looking for other answers was because he personally could not find an anomaly. In the end, he still felt the aliens were more of a spiritual thing than physical.

Edited by psyche101, 18 January 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 18 January 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

From what I can tell there are several versions of what people term MIBs. The MIB you have in mind is more of the fantasy version influenced by the likes of John Keel. Some people automatically assume the entire phenomenon is like the Fortean Times. Here the behaviour and the appearance is very bizzare, urban legend type stuff.

Sometimes people will use MIB to describe men dressed in dark clothes that will appear after a UFO encounter warning the witness.  Almost like there is a human or g-man element tracking or working in liaison with ETs. These cases would be similar to witness harassment cases.

I do not know about that. If you have a look at the link I left to that most strange case, it is not an intimidating visit, but the people involved were indeed frightened. And it holds all the key elements to a classic MIB case.

Did you by any chance follow the link? I am sure you would enjoy reading the claim. A very strange story, and as I said, some found it amusing, but if I weer in the couples place, I am not so sure I would see it like that. I think such close personal contact would be most uncomfortable, and it would be hard to know how to react to it, or where it might lead.

#25    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

So let me get this straight. You claim to be a skeptic on ont these silly tabloid forums? Okay. You might check with a UFO organization to see what's being reported. There are still CE III, abduction, and lots of UFO reports. It'll give you a better perspective on things.

Uploaded on Oct 25, 2009
Swiatek is a member of MUFON and gives his presentation about some of the more compelling alien/UFO sightings of 2009.

Danny Gordon from the Wyhteville, Virginia flap was visited by two men after pursuing the matter. Obviously not the John Keel version.

Edited by topsecretresearch, 18 January 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#26    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 18 January 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

So let me get this straight. You claim to be a skeptic on ont these silly tabloid forums?

Let me get this straight, you are only just picking up on this? Seriously?

Quite some observational skills there............. you are a bit slow of the mark!

Yes, I am a skeptic of the ETH and I post on this forum. If you think the forum is silly, I have no idea what you are doing here asking noobish questions. There is always a mystery to be had at UM though.

Okay. You might check with a UFO organization to see what's being reported. There are still CE III, abduction, and lots of UFO reports. It'll give you a better perspective on things.

You are serious aren't you? A MUFON hero of ETH geekery speaks, and I am supposed to bow? At what? That some bloke he talked saw a silverish saucer looking object over an airport?

You know what, that's not al that uncommon.

Danny Gordon from the Wyhteville, Virginia flap was visited by two men after pursuing the matter. Obviously not the John Keel version.

From television show Unexplained Mysteries? You do know that TV shows exist for entertainment don't you? I also said that some people still hang onto old ideals and some still report MIB, just not very often, and I suspect those like yourself, that simply have not heard about BEK, but hey, you're right on top of all the latest information hey!

LOL.

This is what convinces you? A bunch of desperate people at a UFO conference talking about shadows in the dark? That is why you have such a pompous attitude??? :w00t:

Seriously, maybe you just need someone to talk to, and a hug?

Watch to the end. The last bit has some really good advice I think. I urge everyone to watch from 28:01 on at least. Only a couple of minutes from there.

Edited by psyche101, 19 January 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#27    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 January 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

You are serious aren't you? A MUFON hero of ETH geekery speaks, and I am supposed to bow? At what? That some bloke he talked saw a silverish saucer looking object over an airport?

Robert P. Swiatek, B. A. Director
http://www.noufors.c...t_P_Swiatek.htm

Rob has an undergraduate degree from Bloomsburg State College (now Bloomsburg University) in Pennsylvania, where he double-majored in Physics and Earth Sciences. He has been employed at the United States Patent and Trademark Office as an examiner for many years; however, he has yet to have an application on a saucer-shaped craft cross his desk. Rob is convinced that application of the scientific method ultimately will decipher the UFO enigma. His wife, Susan, shares his UFO interest and participates actively in research and with the Fund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUFON MISSING CE III CASES

FROM: Steve Reichmuth, Merced, California , Former MUFON - Northern California

"The Mufon journal announcing there never where any missing cases (just removing duplicate or offensive witness reports - which is not the whole truth). As I read that, I glance at several important 'disappeared' cases given to me on my PC desk top. The evidence from others I requested myself of their proof others where claiming. It's there. These from the ARIRA days, - the high ranking person (BOD) concealing those cases admitting it, but would not disclose why they did it when they were caught. These are several important cases! They describe landings, physical traces, entities, their behavior, multiple witnesses, military helicopters showing up on the property. And all these elements are in just one of those cases.

#28    topsecretresearch

topsecretresearch

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 19 January 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

From television show Unexplained Mysteries? You do know that TV shows exist for entertainment don't you?

You're so behind the curve on a lot of stuff.

#29    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 19 January 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

Robert P. Swiatek, B. A. Director
http://www.noufors.c...t_P_Swiatek.htm

Rob has an undergraduate degree from Bloomsburg State College (now Bloomsburg University) in Pennsylvania, where he double-majored in Physics and Earth Sciences. He has been employed at the United States Patent and Trademark Office as an examiner for many years; however, he has yet to have an application on a saucer-shaped craft cross his desk. Rob is convinced that application of the scientific method ultimately will decipher the UFO enigma. His wife, Susan, shares his UFO interest and participates actively in research and with the Fund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUFON MISSING CE III CASES

FROM: Steve Reichmuth, Merced, California , Former MUFON - Northern California

"The Mufon journal announcing there never where any missing cases (just removing duplicate or offensive witness reports - which is not the whole truth). As I read that, I glance at several important 'disappeared' cases given to me on my PC desk top. The evidence from others I requested myself of their proof others where claiming. It's there. These from the ARIRA days, - the high ranking person (BOD) concealing those cases admitting it, but would not disclose why they did it when they were caught. These are several important cases! They describe landings, physical traces, entities, their behavior, multiple witnesses, military helicopters showing up on the property. And all these elements are in just one of those cases.

Do go on!
He is a patent clerk, who has an undergraduate in the broad brushed earth sciences, and physics, great, the man has some academia behind him, and met Bruce Macabee. Am I missing anything? How does this make him any better than anyone else at identifying and categorising alien life? Like I said, he spewed out a handful of stories he herd elsewhere. Which were quite ambiguous. How is that impressive, it does not even indicate alien life, it indicates the UFO phenomena is real, and we have known that for a very long time. All identified UAP to date are earth based. Why do you feel on of these instances is going to change this balance? Do you have any actual reason to believe the balance will change? Talking about UAP does not mean aliens are visiting here. There is a multitude of things buzzing around the sky that are frequently misidentified, and many things we have not yet categorised. That leaves room for so much more than alien spaceships.
Do you have any more than spooky camp fire stories, or is that enough for you to form a belief?

#30    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

View Posttopsecretresearch, on 19 January 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

You're so behind the curve on a lot of stuff.

Behind? LOL. Wytheville? that is the best you have?

This?

Posted Image

Pshaw. You shouldn't have. Really. After all, it's debunked, and poor old Danny is getting more desperate by the minute. Once the refuelling operation was uncovered that he took a photo of, the press left him alone, and that is where things get interesting. All of a sudden, the story started growing by the week, but still nobody took notice of poor Danny, despite the fact hat some lights in the sky had evolved into NASA vans around the place, crashes, abduction, hell he really got carried away. You seem to be one of the very few who cannot spot the obvious here. MIB was in the escalating tale, not the original story. And only came out, after the story was debunked.

There weren’t any such neat explanations for most of the sighting wave that began on October 7, 1987.  Danny Gordon broke the story, and the media went wild over it.  This is part of the standard pattern: UFOs are news.  Big news.  (In April 2010, for example, a fireball was spotted over the Midwest and became the top news story on CNN.com.  It completely overwhelmed the second-ranking item, about the arrest of one of Tiger Woods’ mistresses.)
The weeks passed.  Gordon had his own sightings, some of them dramatic.  And then the “answer” was revealed: what people had been watching was aircraft refueling operations.  From then on that answer was canonical.  The media would entertain no questioning.  Never mind that witnesses had described craft at lower altitudes than would be possible for a refueling procedure.
This is also part of the pattern.  The mystery is reported, promoted, milked for all its titillation.  Then it’s dropped, and anyone who protests is a nut case.  We forget all about UFOs.  Until the next time.

In the meantime, Gordon’s life became a shambles.  A roll of photographic negatives, with his UFO shots on it, was stolen from his home.  To quote the website for “Strange Country”:  “The house was entered without damage, no evidence was left behind and the only thing missing was that single roll of film. … Danny’s phone line would suddenly pop every time the discussion turned to UFOs and his daughter developed mysterious nosebleeds, both of which, he was told, could result from microwave surveillance techniques.  Two men posing as reporters from Charlottesville came to Gordon’s home and after a while one feigned illness to get upstairs and search his belongings.  Strange calls at strange hours came daily. … Some warned that he should back off the story suggesting that the government would eliminate him while others told him they had met before on a spaceship.”
Eventually he was hospitalized with a nervous breakdown.
How easy it would be to dismiss all this as incidental damage—interesting, no doubt, but not relevant to the real mystery in the Wythe County skies.  That’s exactly what Sean Kotz refuses to do.  The premise of “Strange Country” is that the UFO phenomenon is not essentially in the sky but here on earth.

LINK

MIXED REACTIONS Dan Gordon, the radio newsman-turned-UFO buff, seems to be losing the support of MUFON. Gordon, the news director of WYVE in Wytheville, VA, attracted the attention of Ufologists nationwide by holding a news conference on the station when that area was besieged by UFOs back in October. He later held a symposium at the local high school, at which he presented evidence and testimony of witnesses to a huge, brightly lit nighttime object that had reportedly been buzzing the locals.

Soon afterwards, when the hoopla started dying down, Gordon apparently had become enamored of the attention, and began claiming more and more far-out incidents, including patrols by NASA vans, crashed saucers, and abductions.paraNet's Ron Jennings reports that Gordon's only photos are of red and green lights on a dark background, which, he says, COULD be nothing more than airplanes.
Undaunted, Gordon is now reportedly claiming some animal mutilations in the area. Says MUFON's Walt Andrus, however, apparently the whole flap is over some National Guard mid-air refueling operations involving KC-135s -- which is what some of the more credible witnesses agreed on the first place.

LINK

That does not seem all that much to be excited about to be frank. Do you really think Dan Gordon saw Extra Terrestrials do you? I would say that you are not very objective.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 19 January 2013 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users