Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Disney buys Lucasfilm for 4 Billion

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,048 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

After these films are released, on DVD and all that jazz, the cryogenically frozen head of Walt will begin to cry 're-release them with edits'~

Posted Image

~MEH~

#32    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,672 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:15 AM

View PostGolly Buster, on 01 November 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Sounds like it will be set in a time when Han is no longer around.

Posted Image
Why is Chewy grabbing her like that? Doesn't he know Leia is Han's girl?

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#33    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 18,672 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

Lucas, who'll be a "creative consultant" on the trilogy, said his treatments continue the stories of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo. However, nearly 30 years after Episode 6: Return of the Jedi it's questionable how that will happen.

Bringing back Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill is impossible unless the trilogy leaps ahead a few decades when they're too old to be convincing swashbucklers. Disney probably wouldn't meet their salary demands, especially Ford's, anyway.

More than likely the roles will be recast with promising young actors, CW network refugees, or shooting stars ready to take chances on being compared to icons before flaming out. Or Disney can tweak Lucas' treatment and make them the sons and daughters of Han and Leia and maybe Luke, if he found a girlfriend by now.
http://www.tampabay....ar-wars/1259264

30 years after Return of the Jedi would be just about right for the Legacy of the Force series of books, which I was hoping would highlight Jacen Solo and his decent into a Sith Lord. Cool!!

Can't afford Harrison Ford?? He made Cowboys and Aliens didn't he??

New actors? Here they are....

Posted Image

Darth Goofy??

Maybe Minni will put on the Gold Bikini??

Edited by DieChecker, 01 November 2012 - 04:28 AM.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#34    Golly Buster

Golly Buster

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 01 November 2012 - 04:15 AM, said:

Posted Image
Why is Chewy grabbing her like that? Doesn't he know Leia is Han's girl?

Remember that night Han spent lost with Luke in the Hoth wastelands during the blizzard?

Well Leia had a frost-pocket of her own that needed thawing.

Edited by Golly Buster, 01 November 2012 - 06:19 AM.

#35    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,836 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

Looks like the original cast may be back after all. Or so this rumor says...

• The films are reworked versions of what Lucas was planning as far back as when he was making the original trilogy.
  • This next trilogy may conflate plot points originally intended to span two trilogies – the second featuring the Skywalker offspring.
  • As such, Luke Skywalker is a key character.
  • And so are many of “the original trilogy cast” with Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C3PO and R2D2 set to appear.
  • Hamill is already locked-in.
  • The Empire was not completely destroyed at the end of Return of the Jedi.
  • Disney intend “on playing to the cultural significance of that original trilogy.”
  • The scripts that have already been written for the live-action TV show “will be absorbed in some way into a TV format.”
  • Disney are “all over” restoring the original trilogy.
This mysterious source also lists the names of some directors that were being “bandied about” – Steven Spielberg, Neill Blomkamp, Alfonso Cuaron, Matthew Vaughn, Darren Aronofsky and Joss Whedon.

Read more at http://www.comicbook...pv0zIhtyLYtR.99

I just picked up a couple of the books i haven't read. I forgot how much fun they were to read.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users