Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Disney buys Lucasfilm for 4 Billion

Imaginarynumber1

first they bought marvel and now Star Wars. What's next? Is Disney going to buy Stephen King's books?

Back in the day I recall the Journal of the Whills was originally 12 parts, then 9... I doubt the 'missing parts' will see the light of day, I guess it'll be new franchise stories.

Mind you, I did have a dream last week where I was on set as a Sith Lord opposite a middle-age Ewan McGregor Obi Wan - so that must be episode 3.5-ish

There was supposed to be a Live Action PV series that was supposed to be between 3 and 4. But that was supposed to have happened like 3 years ago, so apparently that is dead. If not dead then with the sale of the rights, I'd think it would at least be very On Hold.

Edit: Or, perhaps this TV series is going to be crunched together to make 3 movies??

In 2005, George Lucas announced plans for a live-action television series set between the two Star Wars trilogies. The series will not bridge the Skywalker saga but instead explore criminal and political power struggles in the aftermath of the fall of the Republic.

According to Lucas, the series is on hold awaiting advances in technology and reductions in prices. Rick McCallum, the Star Wars and Red Tails producer involved with the project, indicated in 2011 that it would be at least another "three or four years".

Star Wars live-action TV series

Edited by DieChecker

Looks like Entertainment Weekly got a quick interview with Mark Hamill. It would seem that he and Carrie Fisher met with Lucas last August and discussed episodes 7,8 and 9.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=69501

Entertainment Weekly was able to nab a quick interview with Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamill. When asked about Disney purchasing LucasFilm, Hamill says he was caught off guard like all of us. But the other news that there would be future Star Wars films was not a surprise to him at all. Mark reveals to EW that he and Carrie Fisher met with the bearded Jedi, George Lucas, just this past summer. During this meeting Lucas let them in on a secret, plans were already in motion to make Episodes VII, VIII, and IX.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=69501#jTPOV4mgAJQZmxDR.99

Could they even pull this off?

Looks like Entertainment Weekly got a quick interview with Mark Hamill. It would seem that he and Carrie Fisher met with Lucas last August and discussed episodes 7,8 and 9.

Sounds like it will be set in a time when Han is no longer around.

2s7gha0.jpg

2s7gha0.jpg

If they bring back Hamill and Fisher, they damn well better get Ford, too.

After these films are released, on DVD and all that jazz, the cryogenically frozen head of Walt will begin to cry 're-release them with edits'~

2s7gha0.jpg

Why is Chewy grabbing her like that? Doesn't he know Leia is Han's girl?

Lucas, who'll be a "creative consultant" on the trilogy, said his treatments continue the stories of Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia and Han Solo. However, nearly 30 years after Episode 6: Return of the Jedi it's questionable how that will happen.

Bringing back Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill is impossible unless the trilogy leaps ahead a few decades when they're too old to be convincing swashbucklers. Disney probably wouldn't meet their salary demands, especially Ford's, anyway.

More than likely the roles will be recast with promising young actors, CW network refugees, or shooting stars ready to take chances on being compared to icons before flaming out. Or Disney can tweak Lucas' treatment and make them the sons and daughters of Han and Leia and maybe Luke, if he found a girlfriend by now.

http://www.tampabay....ar-wars/1259264

30 years after Return of the Jedi would be just about right for the Legacy of the Force series of books, which I was hoping would highlight Jacen Solo and his decent into a Sith Lord. Cool!!

Can't afford Harrison Ford?? He made Cowboys and Aliens didn't he??

New actors? Here they are....

b4s_lucas110112_246178c.jpg

Darth Goofy??

Maybe Minni will put on the Gold Bikini??

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

2s7gha0.jpg

Why is Chewy grabbing her like that? Doesn't he know Leia is Han's girl?

Remember that night Han spent lost with Luke in the Hoth wastelands during the blizzard?

Well Leia had a frost-pocket of her own that needed thawing.

Edited by Golly Buster
  • Like 1

Looks like the original cast may be back after all. Or so this rumor says...

• The films are reworked versions of what Lucas was planning as far back as when he was making the original trilogy.

• This next trilogy may conflate plot points originally intended to span two trilogies – the second featuring the Skywalker offspring.

• As such, Luke Skywalker is a key character.

• And so are many of “the original trilogy cast” with Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, C3PO and R2D2 set to appear.

• Hamill is already locked-in.

• The Empire was not completely destroyed at the end of
    Return of the Jedi

• Disney intend “on playing to the cultural significance of that original trilogy.”

• The scripts that have already been written for the live-action TV show “will be absorbed in some way into a TV format.”

• Disney are “all over” restoring the original trilogy.

This mysterious source also lists the names of some directors that were being “bandied about” –
Steven Spielberg, Neill Blomkamp, Alfonso Cuaron, Matthew Vaughn, Darren Aronofsky and Joss Whedon.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=69597#U21qpv0zIhtyLYtR.99

I just picked up a couple of the books i haven't read. I forgot how much fun they were to read.