Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who is this Antichrist?

Firestone66

Jesus didn't make no reference to an Antichrist, so why should we believe it exists? Jesus did not ever acknowledge that he had a doppelgänger, an equal in evil. I don't get it, somethings just develop over time I guess, it's amazing how the unofficial can become the official.

Good point, but I believe it's alluded to in the Book Of Revelation, though I guess it's all symbolic and metaphors. Either way, he wouldn't exactly be an equal as Jesus is always number 1. :D

I do believe there will be one eventually. Perhaps not an official antichrist, but someone who will be looked as such by the majority of the world. Bad things keep happening, I expect people to globally point the finger.

Is it Obama? Is it Prince Charles? Is it Putin of Russia?

Personally, I think there's an antichrist in each of us - it battles the Holy Spirit. Kind of like the good angel on your right shoulder and the bad on the left. ;)

Anti Christ is oposite if Christ right. It won't even be alive or intelligent. I have an incling that it is the meam of western civilization , technology, burocracy, and government. The system is seeking to enslave us, it destroys anything that oposes it, you are marked by it, and cannot buy or sell without it's number that you have memorized and use dayly with your right hand. It makes perfect sense.

Revelations is surprisingly acurate. I don't think it's a devil, but a spirit traveler long ago saw it comeing.

Good point, but I believe it's alluded to in the Book Of Revelation, though I guess it's all symbolic and metaphors. Either way, he wouldn't exactly be an equal as Jesus is always number 1. :D

I do believe there will be one eventually. Perhaps not an official antichrist, but someone who will be looked as such by the majority of the world. Bad things keep happening, I expect people to globally point the finger.

Personally, I think there's an antichrist in each of us - it battles the Holy Spirit. Kind of like the good angel on your right shoulder and the bad on the left. ;)

Youre right, John mentions the antichrist and antichrist(s) a few times.

Actually, I think the antichrist is posting on this site, but I ain't telling :ph34r:

peace

mark

• Like 1

:devil:

You rang?

John the Apostle: Profile & Biography of John the Apostle

John has been an important figure for Christianity because he is believed to have been the author of the fourth (non-synoptic) gospel, three canonical letters, and the book of Revelation. Most scholars no longer attribute all (or any) of this to an original companion of Jesus, but that doesn’t change John’s stature for historical Christianity.

Actually, I think the antichrist is posting on this site, but I ain't telling :ph34r:

peace

mark

Shhhh! What they don't know... >.>

John the Apostle: Profile & Biography of John the Apostle

John has been an important figure for Christianity because he is believed to have been the author of the fourth (non-synoptic) gospel, three canonical letters, and the book of Revelation. Most scholars no longer attribute all (or any) of this to an original companion of Jesus, but that doesn’t change John’s stature for historical Christianity.

Im just saying it was in the new testament. Or is your point that Jesus himself never said anything about the antichrist?

I think it's just a matter of time before the world sees another Joseph Stalin or Adolph Hitler

figure emerge from the shadows. ie: despotic mass murderers of millions.

There have been a few 'lesser' despots floating around over the years too so these to me are the real 'antichrists'

in the sense that their message is really about hate and division while their actions just go to confirm that by

bringing great suffering down on the people.

Ultimately though I think good always triumphs over evil. But at a cost.

You see, just as Jesus earthly existence came to an end, so too any Antichrists.

Biblical answer:

~ 2 Thesallonians refers to a "man of lawlessness" who will try to set himself up as God.

~ Revelation refers to a "false prophet" who will do the work of "the beast".

~ 1 and 2 John refers to "many antichrists" who have come.

Conclusion: There is not much we can do to identify the false prophet or the man of lawlessness. Considering the texts they were found in, I would make the argument that they represent a concept rather than a specific person. 1 and 2 John is quite clear though, and refers again to a concept about the "antichrist". He states that there are many "deceivers" who have gone out in the world to drag people away from the truth of Jesus. The context implies the deceivers are professing Christians who don't actually preach the true message (it is not referring to non-Christians). Thus any false teacher who brings false teachings can be said to be one among the "many antichrists" who have come.

Hope this helps :tu:

~ Regards, PA

I think it's just a matter of time before the world sees another Joseph Stalin or Adolph Hitler

figure emerge from the shadows. ie: despotic mass murderers of millions.

There have been a few 'lesser' despots floating around over the years too so these to me are the real 'antichrists'

in the sense that their message is really about hate and division while their actions just go to confirm that by

bringing great suffering down on the people.

Ultimately though I think good always triumphs over evil. But at a cost.

You see, just as Jesus earthly existence came to an end, so too any Antichrists.

I think it is rather naive to label people like Stalin or Hitler as "antichrists". There have been and are many millions of people as irksome as those two, given half a chance they would step in to the role, but a constellation of many accidents of fate and circumstances had to line up for those two to reach that level of infamy.

I think it is rather naive to label people like Stalin or Hitler as "antichrists". There have been and are many millions of people as irksome as those two, given half a chance they would step in to the role, but a constellation of many accidents of fate and circumstances had to line up for those two to reach that level of infamy.

Well yeah, maybe Stalin and Hitler aren't the only psychos around but its not naive to label them 'antichrists.'

Going by the information in this thread so far, these two most certainly meet the criteria as Antichrists. But do I believe

they are the 'Sons Of Satan' and have a 'number of the beast' birthmark somewhere on their bodies or whatever? No. LOL But

they are most definately Antichrists in the strictest sense. :devil:

Biblical answer:

~ 2 Thesallonians refers to a "man of lawlessness" who will try to set himself up as God.

Conclusion: There is not much we can do to identify the false prophet or the man of lawlessness. Considering the texts they were found in, I would make the argument that they represent a concept rather than a specific person. 1 and 2 John is quite clear though, and refers again to a concept about the "antichrist". He states that there are many "deceivers" who have gone out in the world to drag people away from the truth of Jesus. The context implies the deceivers are professing Christians who don't actually preach the true message (it is not referring to non-Christians). Thus any false teacher who brings false teachings can be said to be one among the "many antichrists" who have come.

~ Regards, PA

"not referring to non-believers" How can that be? The context of the following verses is clearly all about the non-believers being defined as antichrist.

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

While false teachers may also in included, I cannot accept they are the only ones these texts are describing.

"not referring to non-believers" How can that be? The context of the following verses is clearly all about the non-believers being defined as antichrist.

1 Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 Jn 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

While false teachers may also in included, I cannot accept they are the only ones these texts are describing.

Each quote clearly identifies believers within the Christian community who have picked up false teachings. 1 John 2:19 states "they went out from us, but they were not of us". 1 John 4 extends from chapter 2. Moving into 2 John, and the text reads that many deceivers "have gone out into the world". By stating "have gone out", the implication is that such deceivers came from within the church to begin with (as opposed to someone "coming in" or "remaining outside" to corrupt the teaching).

This is a relatively new understanding I have from the Bible (if you had asked me a month or so ago, I probably would have sided with you in addressing who "antichrist" referred to), but particularly considering the implication of 2 John terms of "going out", it seems that these passages are referring to those believers within the community who "go out" and preach a false gospel. Whether 1 John, 2 John, 2 Thessalonians, or Revelation, the context of "false teachings" and "false teachers" seems to be a clear and present issue to deal with.

Just a thought,

The anti christ may have appeared in an episode of Supernatural lol

Each quote clearly identifies believers within the Christian community who have picked up false teachings. 1 John 2:19 states "they went out from us, but they were not of us". 1 John 4 extends from chapter 2. Moving into 2 John, and the text reads that many deceivers "have gone out into the world". By stating "have gone out", the implication is that such deceivers came from within the church to begin with (as opposed to someone "coming in" or "remaining outside" to corrupt the teaching).

This is a relatively new understanding I have from the Bible (if you had asked me a month or so ago, I probably would have sided with you in addressing who "antichrist" referred to), but particularly considering the implication of 2 John terms of "going out", it seems that these passages are referring to those believers within the community who "go out" and preach a false gospel. Whether 1 John, 2 John, 2 Thessalonians, or Revelation, the context of "false teachings" and "false teachers" seems to be a clear and present issue to deal with.

Just a thought,

As I said, I agree false teachers may be included, that is where the "have went out from us" come's in but I cannot, in good faith, simply dismiss the clearly spoken language of the quoted verses based on 1 Jn 2:29. Lets look at them again.

This language to me is accusing, besides false teachers, anyone who does as the text says, denies Jesus Christ is God come in the flesh. It couldn't be any clearer, imo. In fact, given the Bibles usual nature of being cryptic, the clarity and frankness of these verses is kinda startling.

edit: tags fixed.

Edited by AZDZ

Christ means "annointed one", meaning you are chosen to rule over a kingdom. That is applied to kings in monarchical system of ruling and in this case in the middle east thousands of years before jesus was born. It only means that Jesus or yeshua is a direct descendant of king David and that under the monarchical system he inherits the right to rule the jewish people of Judah and Israel. The jews at the time of Jesus' birth were colonized and subdued by Romans and they believed in a myth through oral communication passed down through the ages that their kingdom, the Jewish kingdom, can be revived again with all its might as it were during the time of their great kings. So to make the story, antichrist means, is a person or persons who do not believe or is against an annointed leader who would rule over a certain group of people.

Anyone who has read the history of how the United States of America declared its independence over England, would understand the argument of the founding fathers as to why they abhored the monarchical system of government, which by this time was considered to be immoral by all sense of reason. To read Thomas Paine's pamphlet "Common sense" and "Rights of man", one would immediately understand through his writings why inheriting a throne and leadership over people is not the ideals of true democracy. Under a true democracy, any man has the right to become leader through an elective process were the people will decide based on that persons merits rather than just inheriting it by lieu of lineage, which by all reason is just plain ridiculous. The idea that one family would rule the land for eternity is just unimaginable. But unfortunately in ancient times, that was the case and that was the accepted norm. So in introspect, an antichrist is really someone who doesnt believe in inherited power or the annointed one, which by todays standard, i would say, the vast majority of the world. People of the modern era living in a democratic system of government is in effect an antichrist.

Biblical answer:

~ Regards, PA

A lawless man or lawless man as in mankind

Man setting himself up as God POPE close enough with all the ring kissing or hand kissing whatever.

Man setting himself up as God could it be science or athiesm or what?

Or could it be just talking about his day and his time and because history almost always repeats itself in cycles, could it have already happened when Rome fell.

Like I mentioned in the very beginning Jesus made no reference to an Antichrist. I am not doubting that these are in the Bible, I am only stating that Jesus was never recorded as saying he had an Anti~me. Even if John was the real one to write Relelations, his writings never quote Jesus in acknowledging an Anticrist. For anyone who believes in an Antichrist is following John's teachings, not that of Jesus.

ya thats what i think too :yes:

What about God?

There is no Antichrist in reality, however in theology references to him appeared five times in the gospel of John but I believe it was plural a few times and singular as well so even John had no idea what the Antichrist was supposed to be. He's essentially just a man in league with the Devil whose job it would supposedly be to push humans farther from God and is in most religions put forward as a harbinger of doom and in Islam he's a sign of judgement day approaching.

However being a Atheist... Yeah, it's not going to happen... Unless the Antichrist has already gotten to me! :unsure:

Biblical answer:

~ Regards, PA

A great post PA. :tu:

History shows us that the Roman Empire itself had no shortage of candidates considered to be THE Anti-Christ. Domition, Caligula and Nero are the most often of names that have been thrown around. It's interesting to bring these Emperors up as many scholars believe that the Roman emperors were refferenced when the Bible was reffering to a fallen God that many allude ot associate to a certain satanic or demonic entity.

Even Simon Magus of Samaria, the Gnostic magician who had a run-in with the apostles Peter and Paul, was an early nominee to be the Anti-Christ.

And there were many other nominees "until Reformation Protestants decided the term must refer to an entire papacy, and that they had been living through a millenium of false religions."-Alice K. Turner

One thing the Bible clearly points out, is an Anti-Christ is anyone who deviates from the teachings of Jesus.

SINcerely,

:devil: