Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Australian woman marries a bridge in France

Still Waters

An Australian woman has taken her desire for the ‘strong and silent’-type to a new extreme when she married a bridge.

Jodi Rose married Le Pont du Diable Bridge in Céret, southern France after falling head over heels for the ‘sensual’ 14th century stone structure.

http://www.dailymail...s-blessing.html

God help us.

• Like 2

Can I marry my toilet?

After all, I do spend quality time with it, and have been known to "hug" it after a night of drinking. :w00t:

• Like 5

I predict it will never last... The bridge will just lay down for anyone (the tramp), and will stubbornly refuse to relocate - obviously it is more committed to it's carear than to the marriage...

• Like 4

I predict it will never last... The bridge will just lay down for anyone (the tramp), and will stubbornly refuse to relocate - obviously it is more committed to it's carear than to the marriage...

I feel you are correct. The bridge is "stubborn", unlikely to move with the bride to a new location should she desire to relocate to a new job, etc..

Perhaps early-intervention marriage counselling can help prevent future marriage issues.

Besides which, how can she be so certain that "he" does not have other "lovers" :passifier:

Bridges are known to "cheat", ya know.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

Something I just thought about... Since they are now "married" with the blessings of the Mayor... Perhaps it's all part of his evil plans... Since one of the "spouses" is a permanent resident of his town - he can tax the earnings of the entire family to support the "stay at home spouse"...

• Like 1

Given her obvious, unintended psychosis, this is like the song "Bridge Over Troubled Water" ...

[media=]

[/media] Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

It's the kids I feel sorry for...born the wrong side of the tracks...river.

• Like 1

I guess it'll be a stay at home honeymoon...

• Like 3

The divorce could be messy... The woman usually gets at least half... what do you do with half a bridge?...

• Like 2

So when the bridge becomes widowed ... does he get all her assets?

*starting to wonder if counties the world over will offer their bridges up for matrimony*

• Like 1

Why assume that the bridge is a "HE" ?

• Like 1

Maybe she married the bridge for support? Bridges do help you get over things. :whistle:

• Like 5

Why assume that the bridge is a "HE" ?

Good point

Guinness (World's Records) is researching this event as the first CMN (cross-material-nuptials), since the bride is 'animal' and the bridge is 'mineral.'

My wife tells me our record is secure as the first 'animal-vegetable' marriage.

The bridge lover's not psychotic; just an artiste.

• Like 1

On the serious side. I have nbeen sayhyingg same sex marriag wuld cheapen marriage ovear all.

So, that's a legally binding thing then, or did they just give a certificate and some pills and send her on her way?

That and I'm pretty sure all inanimate objects are inherently female.

Well, since 2 men and 2 women can now form a marriage, why stop there? That has always been may beef with this politically correct expansion of the concept of marriage. There are people who want to marry many wifes, there are people who want to marry out of species, or inanimate objects... once you mess with the simple definition, the sky is the limit.

• Like 3

There isn't a bridge too far

Edited by Beckys_Mom

On the serious side. I have nbeen sayhyingg same sex marriag wuld cheapen marriage ovear all.

It does by definition.