Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Do You Call Astral Travelers That...?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1    mooncresentgirl

mooncresentgirl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

What do you call someone who astral travels to help others?

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,509 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

View Postmooncresentgirl, on 23 March 2013 - 01:52 AM, said:

What do you call someone who astral travels to help others?
A shaman. At least the original shaman did this.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

A starry dreamer? Sorry, I couldn't resist *hides under table*

Posted Image

#4    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,654 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

Nmes are just names.
Seeker is correct. The most common english name for such a person is a shaman (not sure where/which language this derived from) This used to be very common in earlier societies where material and spiritual existence were linked and inextricable.

Spirit guide might be a new age form although I am not really up with their roles. From reading, a lot of this (including some forms of shamanism)  is only made possible by using drugs or starvation to alter ones state of consciousness.

I have two problems with this. First a natural aversion to such use of drugs and their effects on our naturla body and mind, and second the unreliability of any experience which requires a drug to alter your mind to the point where it  can occur.

If it is not naturally accesible to a human mind then it is not a natural part of that mind.

Now the use of diet, starvation or water deprivation, is more problematical. Tha tis not healthy either, but it was a commonnatural occurence in early societies, hence perhaps, the greater commonality of mystical experiences among such people. A well fed and watered modern person is unlikely to have mystical experinces based on natural food/water deprivation, and must induce them by deliberate with holding.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users